Mafia Sign Up - The Your Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Welcome to the your story! You are awoken by the sound of a mother bear feeding her cubs the remains of a brave young man named Leonardo, who may or may not be a turtle behind his mask. You pull out a banana, fearing for your safety and potassium levels. The bear looks at your weapon, shrugs, and trots away, leaving you with her cub. You decide to wear the cub on your back because who wouldn't. Also, there's 20 other people on this island. They also have bananas. But who is the bad man? Only MURDER can solve this!

Goal:
    Town: Eliminate all mafia aligned players.
    Mafia: Take out town players until you obtain the majority.

As town: You are the majority, but do not know who is mafia.
    As mafia: You are the minority, but know who is mafia/aligned with you.

Phase lengths: To be decided by the players.

Lynching: Once a player has reached over 50% of the current remaining player's votes, they are considered dead and will be killed dramatically at the end of the phase. Any votes cast after this are considered null. You may change your vote as many times as possible before a hammer vote. If there is no hammer vote, the player with the most votes will be selected. The optimal vote format is Vote: Supposed Scum Here.

Game format: Due to the events of the previous game, I would strongly prefer to have a closed communication game, as they tend to focus more on skill. This is ultimately up to the players. Please do not edit posts. You will have one warning. Idle players will be prompted at the end of a complete phase (day & night) and eliminated after another idle phase.

Players:
    1. KTCAOP
    2. NapalmMonk
    3 Purpletop
    4. Xinde
    5. GabrielQ
    6. Dagda
    7. Qucas
    8. KingJad
    9. Greysand22
    10. Gaverion
    11. Geressen
    12. Emries
    13. Gaiaix555

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pick me

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'll sign up to help moderate, otherwise, I can still be a player.

4. Loyaute

@KTCAOP - I don't think that will be necessary.
    Also, thoughts on the two questions: Phase lengths and communication.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

hey qt

u com heer oftn

6. Loyaute

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

8. Loyaute

Maybe sometimes.

9. KTCAOP

I am fine with anything from 24 hour round (8/16, 12/12) phases to 48 (8/40, 12/36, 24/24) hour round phases. In general, I think most of us are active enough to be able to check the board multiple times a day. Only reason for longer phases for me have been if people don't actually check the thread often enough, or you are designing a game and have a really dedicated and patient group of players to last that long. Faster games are generally easier to keep up with.

10. Loyaute

I think 24 hours for each phase would work if everyone knows we're doing it that way from the start.

11. KTCAOP

As for communication, I don't think it will matter much either way. As I said earlier, open communication generally favors the town, closed communication tends to favor the mafia, so depending on the number of roles you are planning to have, that may be something to keep in mind. Closed communication is also generally something that is more difficult to enforce/moderate, but it could work. I personally like talking and I often like to use someone as a sounding board to help me think, but honestly, that is entirely up to you and the choice I feel will have an effect on the game, though I really do not believe that was the root cause of the troubles of last game. Either way, in your role post messages, you should make it clear that the protection of one person's identity should be one of the higher goals of the game.

12. KTCAOP

Also, personally, 24 hour phases feel really, really, really long as a moderator. As a player, I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

13. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

I am down. More than happy to volunteer to be an alternate if necessary.

14. Loyaute

@Napalm Monk - You're in.
    @KTCAOP - I'm fine with whatever most people want to do.

15. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

sign me up

hammer vote, closed comms, elephants

16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I never played before, but if it's closed communication I'd like to try.
    There will be powers?

17. Loyaute

There will be powers.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

(i am willing in case that was not made clear which i do not think it was ty yw bbqtpi)

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'd like to join if that's okay.

Also is the banana a doctor who reference?

20. Loyaute

You're in and unlikely. I got tired of that show pretty fast.