MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's a part of it, qu, but the other part is darklord's claim.

we've all been assuming that there are 3 mafia, tops. we have hopefully reliable intelligence that puts tang as town, so out of the 9 remaining that's one confirmed town, 7 ???, and baskitkase who's apparently gone.

that means there are 7 who are an actual problem so far as figuring them out, right? i'm one of them, i know me (and of course i say i'm town, so moving past that), so there's really 6 for any of us to figure out.

but darklord claimed cop. he claims that he investigated and found town both me and st3ck. that doesn't mean that both of us *are* town, but one of us is for sure (and since i know what i am, if it comes down to it i'll look at lynching st3ck. i hope it doesn't)

now, assuming he's not lying, there are 4 others we haven't touched. molosse claimed vig in the night phase, but didn't use his power (i would think) and is now feeling a bit foolish or something. i dunno. in any case there's no guarantee that he's town either, but at least it gives an idea as to his role

the final 3 (as in 3 mafia, maybe) are you (qucas), pedeg, and gabq. we don't know what you are and we don't have time to mislynch one of you because of baskit's hissy fit. you're basically all tied for first-most suspicious in my mind right now, with st3ck and molo tied at second, and darklord at third.

now, if one of the other 3 is mafia (st3ck or molo are most likely here, but who knows) then that should mean one of the top 3 is town. which puts me in a bit of a bind. but you basically have to convince me/us that you are that town and that another of the top group is mafia to make it through the day. the burden falls entirely on you here.

there's no way i'm not pushing a lynch on one of you, the odds are too high of mafia there.

on an unrelated note, if baskit *has* been maf-lurking this whole time i don't plan to play another game PT hosts for a while. but i don't see that as a high probability thing.

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'm near certain now that Dagda, Darklord and Stacks are mafia, just because how perfect this is. Ah well can't risk it on a throw of the dice.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well so here's the problem with that- darklord claimed a role that's almost certainly in the game (we can't say for certain, but it's a safe assumption, and one that most people would make in the first place)

as of yet, no one has counterclaimed him. if they do, it starts looking that much worse, however it also brings their validity into question.

the more devious play for them would be if st3ck, darklord, and someone else were all mafia- since mafia knows who town is, they get to set me up to go after the other bunch with a low/nonexistent chance of hitting.

that's just a low percentage play (as in, the odds that both the prereqs are met and the play was made are pretty low)

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Things are pretty complicated, these role claims seem somewhat out of place, and why does darklord assume molosse's innocence when he didn't investigate him?

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

darklord's claim is good timing- if he had sat on it longer we'd be toast

molo's was out of place, but the way it looks at least is that he was claiming in hopes that the doc would protect him, and then the doc got ganked and now he's sad.

in any case, for me it's more about giving mol more of a benefit of the doubt than the rest of the previously mentioned top 3, on account of them having no information really known aboot em

in other news, it's basically lylo. we may as well roleclaim. agreed? @all

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

not much to roleclaim here, VT.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My reasoning for targeting @Qucas is that besides being one of the three unknown, he also voted for both lynched town. @Pedeguerra isn't much better as his only vote after taking over for @KelRama was for a town.

8. Molosse

Dagda out of curiosity since we're forcing RC's here, what's yours?

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i wasn't forcing, i was asking if people agreed it was a good time to claim. i figured they would, but i also figured there was time and i didn't want to start the chain

in any case, i too have the luck of being a VT. so go crazy with that.

10. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Why have we only had 1 night kill with a vigilante AND mafia? For some reason I keep getting stuck up on that.

Anyone have a better explanation than my Occums Razor theory? Because if it holds, we may not actually have a vigi, or we've had an improper role claim from either dlord, or molosse. (Or dag/gab)

Something is aloof here....

Also VT, represent.

Damn absent people making this much harder. :/

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Vigilante in this case is a one shot.

12. Molosse

I do indeed only have a single shot which I have indeed been saving.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

vig almost never has multiple shots. if he does, there's generally a condition attached.

14. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Ah, well let's put that on the back burner and make sure we lynch right. It feels lylo at this juncture because I doubt tang will vote, and baskit is gonna get mod killed. So I'm still coming up with the same 3 mafia.

Pedeguerra, gabrielq, and qucas.

Mol has made sketchy plays, but I chalk that up to inexperience . But when I reread through dags response to the inexperience claim, I get less sure again.

So I'm sticking to the same 3(excluding baskit, since mod kill inbound). Hopefully (not a good strategy) baskit is maf, leaving 1 of pede/gab/quc innocent. I've got the least on pede, the second least on quc, and enough on gab early to where He may be in the clear?

Of course if it's 4 maf, we may lose no matter what, unless it's perfect.

So between quac gab and pede, I dunno who to vote for, and feel all of then are good votes. And of course, that list can change as I can't rule out an a false role claim, I just think that is unlikely given current information. More input/pot stirring required.

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Pedeguerra has barely posted since he took over for kel. So maybe he's mafia now and that's why he's being more silent than he was the first time around. I'm used to him being more talkative.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Im being quiet because frankly im just giving a break from Pox forums altogether.
    I have remained town, and mostly follow the leading vote to lynch.

18. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I find that suspicious, you just happen to be taking a break from the Pox forums in the middle of doing a mafia game?

I'm going to vote Pede.

19. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Sorry guys. Swimming all day with the kids leaves me barely functional for my own play time. Which means I haven't been following the thread super well. For what it's worth, I'm town but not the mason.

My super uneducated vote right now would b for dagda (sorry bro) just based on his take charginess.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That would mean @KingJad is trying to torpedo us