MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@bakki, if you're loudly pushing for people then you're often not mafia. most people don't have the stones to throw themselves out of cover like that. also, you seem pretty convinced you're gonna die early- assuming you are town, so far all you've really done is 1-state the obvious and 2-go way over the top defending yourself. if i were mafia, based on what you've so far done, i wouldn't kill you.

but that's me. not gonna share my typical mafia kill-patterns right now (because i think they'd be used, and i don't want to play vs myself. after the game, maybe)

also, i've been saying it's 96 hours for a while now. any way we can get a rolling update on time we have left, by the by (@KTCAOP )

and @gav, 1- you spelled baskitkase incorrectly. i don't know how that gets counted. clarification? 2-when do you not think i'm maf?

at this point i'd be ok with voting for any of the bigger content providers, which is obnoxious because it doesn't do Bane Shift for me (in a vacuum, everyone looks suspicious in this game. and it's not a big number of content providers at all.)

which means we need more content. pls moar pst u loarkyrs tyia

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

^ If the above is well known, and by that I mean Mafia laying low early game, would it not be better to vote for one of the non-speakers? I think I'm right in thinking that wouldn't gain much info if the individual remains relatively quiet in there defense but does it not also have the side-benefit of near forcing said individual to begin communicating and, if Mafia, hopefully give us a feel for any others who jump to their defense?

I'm also aware that this post makes me look scummy for putting targets onto players who are not communicating for relatively little evidence.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I will be posting in around 7 hours.
    About the spelling of names on vote, I think we can be reasonable and leave that shaenanigans aside, gaverion clearly states he wants to vote and puts it on a separate line and all, if he had written "bakki" or "byscassy" I would count it aswell. I guess we can agree on this for clarity's sake and to make things easier to PT and KTCAOP.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Vote Count:

Baskitkase: 1 (Gaverion)

Not Voting: 11 (Baskitkase, Dagda, darklord48, GabrielQ, KelRama, KingJad, Molosse, Pedeguerra, Qucas, st3ck, tangmcgame)

DAY 1 PHASE
    Remaining Time: 59 hours 12 minutes 18 seconds

5. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

it doesn't have to be but as a rule of thumb it generally is.

@KelRama
    I don't think we have heard from you

@KingJad
    @Pedeguerra
    @darklord48

Would like to hear more than you.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

nono, you're right. it's more or less what i've been doing, you may notice. just without voting.

it's also worth pointing out that if they're not talking then they're not helping the town anyhow. the thing is, though, with the day phase being as long as it is it's harder to gauge, just because they may have thought they'd have time to contribute.

generally speaking, it's better to contribute more than less. if you're full of Bane Shift or completely wrong it falls to the group to wade through that, but at least it gives us something to work with.

7. Molosse

I suppose then to force a reaction I'll go ahead and

Vote: Pedeguerra

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Just wanted to pop in for some heads-up comments before we get too far into things.

Firstly, yeah I have not heard from KelRama since he signed up. Last I checked it's actually been over a week since he has been on these forums at all. So as of now I am looking for a replacement.

Secondaly, it seems that there is a bit of frustration with how long I made the day phase, which is indeed up to 96 hours. I have two things to say about that.
    1. The idea with having long phases is to promote the use of the Hammer mechanic. It's a very important one that involves much strategery, and offers great counterplay. In some very common mafia game variations on popular sites there often isn't a time limit at all on day phases, and it ends whenever the hammer happens which could be weeks. For beginners on the popular sites, day phases are usually limited to 2 weeks, which is still way longer than the 4 days I have.
    2. People just noticing this after the game starts means that they didn't read the rules, which I have asked you to do several times in both bold and colored print. Moreover, when I made the signup thread I said that I wanted feedback on me making the phases longer. I said that I wanted to do 96 instead of 72, but I wanted to hear from you all. Since I got no feedback, i went along with the change. Again, this means people aren't reading the rules/first post, which is full of information that is monumentally important. Please take some time to do so.

I hope you guys are at least reading the lore. I'm pretty proud and I feel like I've done a good job with it... especially for those of you familiar with Skyrim :/

Alright, carry on

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i mean, it doesn't really force anything until more people start voting for him. votes before a hammer is imminent have little meaning

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Just so you guys dont think I'm inactive, I'm loving the lore so far PT. Also adding images was pretty awesome, good job bud!

To this whole "who to vote thing", this first vote seems rather random, to say the least. I've read most of what Dagda has post so far, and I agree to an extent with mostly everything. Since I made a wrong judgment call last time, I think I will reserve my judgment until I see/have more feedback, and thats why I have remained silent so far.

11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I find it odd that people are so afraid of being wrong. being wrong is fine, just because someone is wrong doesn't mean they are maf. if it was normal to be always right this wouldn't be much of a game. Also keep in mind saying nothing only helps maf.

Dagda likes this.
  12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I haven't watched the video you posted but the lore was great, PT. I should've read the rules a little closer though, kinda just skimmed though them.

13. GabrielQ

Well, I'm here, not a lot happened, it's just a bit suspicious the baskitcase medic direction, not sure if he's trying to get powers to be discussed early into the game or if he's the doctor and is trying to redirect, both things that don't look like recommendable in my opinion.
    It's sad that we have a inactive, but I guess that's unavoidable, hope a replacement is found soon.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm sorry I haven't said much, my son was born and we"re still at the hospital. After tomorrow it should be better.

15. Molosse

Seems Scummy to me.

But really all the congratulations and luck.

16. GabrielQ

I will

Vote: darklord48

just to avoid a 1 vote lynch for a possible distraction

17. Pedeguerra

Agreed with the reasoning.

Vote: darklord48

18. GabrielQ

what are you doing?

19. Pedeguerra

Im voting for someone who I think will be too distracted to play the game (if what he says is true).
    Isnt that what you were doing as well?

20. Molosse

He's stopping someone being lynched with a single vote by pushing a stalemate thus forcing more discussion, you've somewhat ruined that by then also voting for the individual in question.

Vote remains Pedeguerra, above actions more so now then the previous argument.

GabrielQ likes this.