MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

you severely miss interpreted his post

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

From what I see so far, and what I recall from the last game, veterans seem to target new players for the first couple votes, not out of allegiance to each other, but because new players are an unknown. That suggests to me that new players would need to work together to defend themselves.

3. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'd also like to suggest that neither Pede nor Q could both be Maf after the above conversation and thus forcing the vote onto one of them would open up some more communication.

Also I don't feel the need to join with other newbies to defend myself, I mean those other newbies could be maf and would thus damn me by association or force me into routes I don't feel like taking. Just because an individual is new is not necessarily a reason for me to trust them.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

at our current pace someone will be lynched so either someone unvote darklord or everyone unvote sorry i havent been contributing much but i have been reading this thread

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's why I haven't voted yet, I had considered voting for Pedeguerra, but that would have been a knee jerk defensive move to keep the vote tied at two each.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Wait, this is my fault, I skipped molosse's vote, the vote was already tied.

I will
    UNVOTE: Darklord48

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you GabrielQ. I'll try to be active enough to show that my activity level won't be a problem.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You are all being newbs again. I wont defend myself from bad moves. Do as you please. My vote remains.

9. Qucas

Qucas Guest

So we're trying to avoid a hammer so we can have more discussion?

10. Molosse

I still hold that the lack of communication between Gab/Ped can give us something to work on when establishing maf connections no?

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

why the actual Firk would you want to tie the vote.

why.

alright, just based on the past couple pages...

molo is holding just below neutral

gabq, pedebro, qucas, and kingjad all seem decent enough options for a first day lynch

darklord is holding around neutral due largely to lack of content- so long as he doesn't continue on that way it should be fine

guys, unless you all received some information i didn't, you need to remember that the hammer only comes down when you have a majority of the group voting for someone. that's the only way to cut short a day phase, so far as i know.

one person is pretty ****in far from a majority. voting against it to tie it of all things is just Firking ridiculous. there is still time to deal with it, and *even if there wasn't* it's still better to lynch d1 than not to

does. this. make. sense.

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Yes, it does make sense Dagda, I was confused about it as well.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

having said all that, the person the first vote was on is pedeg. the person who decided to tie the vote is gabq (and then pedeg went on to get the vote further away from him, which is not necessarily scummy. i disagree with his reasoning, but whatcha gonna do about that)

i don't actually think this means anything, but it might be worth remembering at least.

st3ck likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

Well played dagdabro. My intention was to move the vote away from me, since Im a townie and all - I may have misinterpreted what Gabriel meant, but that doesnt take away the fact voting for me would only benefit mafia.
    Let's see how this turns out.

15. Molosse

Could you expand and explain mate.
    Stop.

16. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Don't want to get called out for inactivity, I just don't have much to add at this point. Also, my alerts don't update right for some reason so I didn't realize this thread was moving so much. Duly noted.

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

My reasoning to want to tie the vote was that I went to sleep and I woke up and I didn't had a notification of activity in the thread, so I was worried that the day would go off and the lynch would be achieved with only one "poke" vote (as I said, I missed the vote on pede) and I wanted to get some more discussion on the table.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@molo on why you don't want to tie the vote, i think i covered that in the post you quoted

about the bit that pertains to you ("just below neutral"), that's me saying i'm reading your stuff and it's coming off as slightly scummy. not big enough to cause any alarms yet, but more so than some others.

19. Pedeguerra

My reasoning was the guy saying he was at the hospital after his child was born - I doubt he would have time these next few days to log on, much less play a mafia game.
    Now he comes in and says his level of activity wont be a problem. I dont know, seems weird to me.

20. Molosse

Fair enough.