MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

From what I've seen so far, dag would make a very dangerous mafia, but his actions aren't suggesting he is.

There does some seen to be some subtle suspicions around dlord, pede, and Baki. But the only overtly scummy things seem to have taken place with a conversation about last game, which shouldn't have any bearing here, yet somehow does.

I am on my phone and it's difficult to see where all the votes are and who did them, if someone could make a post with current tracker/order while I am still limited to my phone, I will have some more insight to contribute.

But that out of no where d lord almost hammer . . . Kinda weird to me

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

He's not saying it won't be a problem, he's saying he'll try to not make it a problem. You keep pushing for him on the flimsiest of Bane Shift pede, is this because you have an honest to god reason or is it just "Eh Day 1 let's get Bane Shift started".

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@pedeguy, from where i'm sitting that's really his business. most of what i read from there is just that he had a life event that prevented him from being active, but he doesn't expect it to be a problem going forward. if it is, ideally he finds a way to work around it or finds a replacement. the specifics of the situation aren't all that relevant in my mind, even though he did choose to give them (as he could have chosen to give any other situation. it's the generality that matters for me)

@steak, it's never worth ruling people out as mafia. were i mafia, for example, i'd have done fairly well already in taking over this game merely by knowing more about how the overall system works. hiding in plain sight sorta thing. also, hammer is based on majority of people voting. with 12 players you need 7 votes to hammer it in before the deadline (at which point the biggest number should take it). we had, unless i missed a whole row of votes, no more than 1 on anyone. mafia can't be big enough to force a hammer off that, and even if they were it'd be astoundingly stupid of them to.

so yeah.

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Vote Count

Baskitkase: 1 (Gaverion)
    Pedeguerra: 1 (Molosse)
    darklord48: 1 (Pedeguerra)

Not Voting: Baskitkase, Dagda, darklord48, GabrielQ, KelRama, KingJad, Qucas, st3ck, tangmcgame

DAY 1 PHASE
    Remaining time: 27 hours, 32 minutes 21 seconds

Better hurry!

5. st3ck

Well. Of our three options with current votes, I don't feel confident trying to push a hammer in on any of them. However, I really liked that baski stirred the pot up to get things going, and even after a really good explanation from Dag on WHY that was good, Gav still votes Baskit.

So for the above reasons, I will also be casting my vote the way bak voted. He stirred it up, and gav ate it up.

VOTE: GAVERION

6. st3ck

Dope, I'm an idiot, I read Purple tops synopsis wrong and thought the first name was who voted, and the second name, was who they voted for.

Well, I'll keep my vote the same for at least a little bit until some more conversation starts up because of my reading capabilities.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you just confused the hell out of yourself, huh.

anyhow, at this point i honestly don't know what to do in terms of who's the best vote. makes me doubt there is one.

out of those options anyhow. i've still seen next to nothing out of @KingJad and @Qucas that i can recall. i'm liable to vote for one of them if that trend holds up

8. Qucas

Qucas Guest

There's nothing really to talk about, everyone is voting randomly and none of it makes sense. Plus a lot of what was talked about had to do with the last game I played. What's the point in talking if there's no real discussion going on?

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That is the point
    My son was born on Monday. Today my wife was released from the hospital. Now that I'm home, I'll have enough time. Had I been at the hospital with her past today, I was prepared to bow out for inactivity.

10. st3ck

Congrats!

11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

this seems sketchy to me, what are you on about here? I know you said you misread what PT posted but this seems really sketchy to me. Blindly following baskit? sounds like a maf thing to do to me regardless of baskit's alignment. You also have shown you didn't actually read my posts before voting for me. Again this is either some of the laziest town play I have ever seen or poor maf play.

UNVOTE: Baskitkase

VOTE: st3ck

12. st3ck

Yea, I suppose my willingness to further stir is somewhat sketchy, especially when coupled with my total failure on PT's post. I've read all posts in this thread many times over, and I still don't understand why you voted for baski. It seems to me you are voting for him knowing he's a town member.

But when referencing from a phone, it can be somewhat difficult to remember all the sentences that add up to a conclusion. I'm sorry you feel my town play is lazy, but in a way I'm furthering the pot stirring by seeing how you react to blame being shifted towards you. It surely was accidental, and lazy, but it is furthering some rattling to see if we kind find us some mafia. I'm not sure how to interpret you redirecting the vote right back to me, instead of shifting to other potential silent/suspicious people. But it seems pretty legit.

I'm suspicious of dlord, bakki , and especiallydagda for almost making it sound like he admitted to being mafia.

So tomorrow is the hammer, and I will unvote: gaverion for now. Sorry for the sloppiness. :p

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well, then you'd have to ask why, if i were mafia, would i ever have gone to the trouble of pointing that out to you when you seemed to think i was town. negligence on my part to point that out could instead be attributed to simply not thinking of doing so.

the simple fact of the matter is, i play the game the same way either mafia or town. i get right into the middle of everything and try to be as helpful as possible. the only difference is that, as a mafia player, helpful ever so slightly becomes 'helpful'.

understand, i'm not saying this because i want to get myself lynched. i'm saying this because i want to help edumacate this new wave

also, frankly, steak's recent postings put him highest on my radar too. i don't disagree with gav on that. i'll

VOTE:ST3CK

for now. still subject to change, but i just wanna make sure the vote is there given the deadline that's a-comin up

14. st3ck

So is anyone else find it interesting that arguably the two most experienced (and vocal) players are barreling down on me the moment I point out anything suspicious about them?

I don't want to be that guy and further fall into your trap, but I am part of the new wave you are educating, and it seems that because I'm suspicious of you, you are suspicious of me even more so? Thus trying to encourage me of being more suspicious of someone else other than you and gav? Or was the way with which I handle suspicion on me what makes me sketchy?

Because really the more I look at this, it makes it seem like you two are mafia. It wasn't exactly like i pushed really hard, just kinda messed up, caused some retaliation, and now some teaming up. I mean maybe because I know my allegiance it makes my posts less sketchy to me, but I'm failing to see you and gavs strategy by targeting me. There just doesn't seem a lot to gain from it. Because if I get lynched, to me it seems almost certain the town would target you two next. Just seems really risky so early. I dunno though, maybe in reading it wrong, would love to hear from the other 8 players on this recent exchange.

Then again, you may see me more valuable as a dead towny if I'm prone to mistakes, and if that's the case, is someone who makes mistakes while being more vocal, less valuable than someone who doesn't really contribute anything early?

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Vote Count

st3ck: 2 (Gaverion, Dagda)
    Pedeguerra: 1 (Molosse)
    darklord48: 1 (Pedeguerra)

Not Voting: 8 (Baskitkase, darklord48, GabrielQ, KelRama, KingJad, Qucas, st3ck, tangmcgame)

DAY 1 PHASE
    Remaining time: 7 hours, 33 minutes 21 seconds

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

mostly valid points, i considered all of them before i voted. it is, on my end at least, the way in which you post. this could just as easily be attributed to noobitude, so that's it's own thing.

from my perspective, i honestly don't give a rat's ass if you (or anyone else) think i'm suspicious. i do what i do for the common good, if i get wiped out before the game ends then at least my role and actions get clarified.

as well, i'm of the opinion that a 3-man mafia is the most likely scenario. 4 at the most. 2 people, 2 experienced people (maybe more than half the total mafia), going out of their way to expose themselves to take out one easily handled affair would rank among the sloppier mafia plays i've ever seen.

and the other part is that honestly, i don't care much who gets lynched day 1. you just happened to set off my scumdar a bit, and gav was on you too. both of these things are telling, to me. if you turn up town, i'm liable to be a bit more suspicious of gav. but not to the point of running a lynch mob on him the next day- if we discourage movement and action as a group then there's no winning this game.

the short version of all of this is that i voted for you because it was convenient, and if you can find someone else who seems more convenient you may very well save your skin for this day.

and if you'd like i can go and read through the logs and pull out the parts that made my scumdar tick.

17. st3ck

Honestly, pedeg seems to have the scummiest posts. He hasnt posted much, and what he has is trying to get the man with a newborn lynched for not posting alot. I'm sorry for taking the spotlight with my recent failures, but because of scumminess in pedes few posts, and dlord vote (with a gabQ following, interesting).

Im going to VOTE: PEDEG

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually pede was following Gabrielq, who then reversed his vote.

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I will Vote for Pede because I want to avoid a tie.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Vote: @st3ck As @Gaverion mentioned, following @Baskitkase's advice blindly is a risky proposition. I listened to him and got lynched for it last game.