MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I still don't follow, mafia is not an rpg.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@ bakki, this is pretty much exactly how i'm going to be and act throughout the game, i should think. i'm not gonna swear to that, because maybe a meteor will hit my house or (this being california) an earthquake tears Bane Shift up and so i don't have time or brain capacity for all of this anymore, but this is what i do. i pester. i dig. i nag. i don't develop a goddamn character, i never raked enough leaves for that.

as well, building a "wall of protection" only works if i'm mafia. if i'm town i just get ganked. as to your numbers-
    1) i'd classify it more as influence, and frankly i have that already just because people think i'm smart. you can't explain that. i do, however, happen to agree with these people, and if i gain their trust i will be able to steer the game as i see fit much easier (and i tend to steer right, for my purposes at least). i realize that doesn't make me sound particularly trustworthy, but it's honest at the least.

2) you literally just said i was gaining favor with people via "helping them". yeah, if i were mafia i'd be well on my way towards taking this game over because no one else is doing what i'm doing. i'd also be potentially exposing myself very early, but hey. i knew at the time that it was a questionable decision to bring it up, but frankly i'm right. i got myself into an influential position, and i felt as though people were about to start following me without question. that's dangerous for me because i have no control over them once i'm dead/out of the game, which i anticipate happening soon enough. it is much better to, well

3) teach them how to think. and for me, it all comes down to the "why". i'm not trying to tell people how they should think, to clarify- i'm trying to convince them that this way is the optimal way to go about the process of thinking. and for me it is, and if they can understand both that and the process then they're in good shape for whatever comes next.

@ gav, right before i changed my vote from the steakmeister it was a 3/1/3 vote, pede/dlord/st3ck. i wasn't anticipating more votes in the few hours remaining, but if they did come in they'd come in either to bandwagon or to tie the vote. if anyone else showed up to tie the vote (the way darkl did, you may recall) then they'd be an obvious target. if there was a sudden last second voting spree then that would provide targets. i didn't really think either of those things would happen, but yolo.

my objective was still to get a lynch in d1. i didn't particularly want to lynch pedebro, but it didn't look as though we had another option with the time provided. so he bit it.

also while i don't like how many people didn't vote (@PurpleTop any news on kel?), i'd be surprised if the mafia didn't. just a gut feeling.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Too long of days, inactivity and too much idiocy. Not even close to fun. @PurpleTop you can replace me or just consider me inactive. I won't bother with another one of these. Apologies for the quit, didn't know they could be so cockworthy after the last one being so fun.

Dagda r Maf.

Out.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

"i'm taking my balls and goin home"

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there are enough actives to hammer a vote. just sayin. inactivity/novotes can get flushed out pretty fast if you actually try to play the game instead of ragequitting because you're not the prettiest girl at the dance

6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I vote DGDa because drnk reaonb s

Dagda likes this.
  7. Gaverion

it is night phase you can't vote

8. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

So hopefully mafia kills baskit :p

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

who is inactive besides kelrama there was hardly any discussion because it was day 1 and no deaths while usually on day 1 there has been a death not voting doesn't make you inactive it just makes you indecisive when im voting for someone I always think "what if they flip town after i persuade everyone to vote for them. Will I be lynched next and we lose another townie?"

10. Gaverion

Let me reiterate, it is far better to vote and be wrong than to not vote at all. Not voting ONLY helps mafia.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

@jad

on day1, if there had been a towndeath prior to the first lynch, we would have had exactly as much useful information as we did without the towndeath. the death really shouldn't serve as that much of a stimulus. i dunno.

not voting and letting the vote totals stay low makes it that much easier to let the mafia control the flow of the voting game without tipping their hand. as well, if you don't take an active part, you're useless. if you take an active part and mess up, then the group of us will see that. we may not see it for what it is until after you get lynched, who knows, but it's *really not about you*. get this into your head.

it is ok for you to die.

it is ok for me to die.

it is ok for gav to die.

it is ok for *literally any one of us* to die. we win as a team. if you start getting active, push for a lynch and mess up, if you had reasoning and people went along with it then it's on them as well. if you get killed afterwards, people find out what your alignment is and know much more what to make of your actions. which then serves to help the group (town; mafia knows your alignment by default)

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

In the cold night in the city of Windhelm, the people were restless; there was a chilling wind that sounded a lot like a grief coming from an old mans crypt, saying:
    "You are all nooobssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

PurpleTop likes this.
  13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I really don't get why it is you want to quit........ if you thought the days would be too long you should have let me know before i started the thread; i asked for feedback in the signup thread. For mafia games on dedicated sites, as I said, days can often last over 2 weeks.... so four days really isn't that much, and they are much needed to be this long to generate the right amount of discussion.

If people are being as idiotic as you think they are, shouldn't that just be more reason for you to be able to manipulate the game in the direction you want? If people are stupid, it shouldn't be hard to outsmart them, whether you are town or mafia so that shouldn't be a factor on whether or not to play.

Having someone quit out during the game is worse than having an inactive from day 1, because it leaves a big hole where there otherwise wouldn't be one. I'd appreciate it if you just man'd up and finished this one out, and if you didn't want to join the next one that's totally fine; i take no offense. I will not be able to find a replacement, even if I wanted to.

I don't want to say anymore to avoid the risk of unintentionally contributing more than my position should allow, so that's all I have to say for now.

14. PurpleTop

Day finally comes, and the sky is clear. The citizens would consider it a wonderful day, if it wasn't for the corruption that has be-fowled Windhelm. They all gather in the courtyard per usual, and they pull a head count. It looks like everybody was present! No single person has gone missing. This is unexpected based on the recent events. It seems Stendarr may have heard their calls and prayers.

Nobody has been killed. It is now Day 2. You have 96 hours to hammer a vote on somebody. Good luck!

[​IMG]

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I guess the doc is in. Good to see he's doing his job.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

mm, it's possible that the doctor is in. it's possible that the mafia were all inactive (though that's unlikely) or decided for some reason to not kill us. it's possible that the mafia split a vote either 1/1 or 2/2, in which case most systems ties it off and gives a no-kill for the night. it's possible that the mafia targeted the commuter.

not much to go off- if we knew for sure it was the doctor i'd be tempted to encourage him to come forward and say who he guarded (if he got counterclaimed it would only help us, even if we went on to lynch him we'd have a mafia candidate for the next day)

but we don't. it could be too many things. i'll read back through soon, i just got up. in the meanwhile though-

@Baskitkase you seriously out? if so, could you save us all some trouble and get modkilled (PT already said he didn't have a replacement for you. maybe if he thought pedebro was a legal fit. i dunno)?

@KelRama do you exist?

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Sorry guys. I had family in town this week and was freaking exhausted as hell. I'm going on vacation for the next few days but I should have more time to post and be active in the game. Lame start. Not really much to go on except to keep guessing at who to hang.

18. PurpleTop

I don't want to replace Bakki; I would really like for him to just finish this one out.... it isn't that big of a commitment. I've been looking for a replacement for KelRama since day 1 but have had no luck yet. I would be OK with putting @Pedeguerra in place of him if he wanted to; it shouldn't be too gamebreaking considering the events. I'll run it by him. He at least seemed to enjoy the game

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

1. @Baskitkase - I wonder if the inactivity is a feint to keep us from suspecting as mafia. If he isn't replaced or modkilled, I'd consider that a possibility. Didn't vote day 1.
    2. @Dagda - Seems to have put himself out there to help people, which others have said is counter mafia's style, but that could be a ploy.
    3. @darklord48 - Townie
    4. @GabrielQ - Voted for me when he thought I would be inactive, but rescinded. Hard to tell so far. Didn't vote day 1.
    5. @Gaverion - Like Dagda, he has been helpful. Also voiced his concern over people not voting.
    6. @KelRama - Completely inactive, can be ignored for now. Didn't vote day 1.
    7. @KingJad - Gave suggestions about my posting, but didn't really discuss who seems scummy. Didn't vote day 1.
    8. @Molosse - Suggested voting for Pedequerra or GabrielQ based on his claim that they couldn't be mafia, but then didn't change his vote. Voted for lynched townie.
    9. @Pedeguerra - LYNCHED: DAY 1. Townie
    10. @Qucas - Complained about the lack of discussion, but didn't really discuss anything. Voted for lynched townie.
    11. @st3ck - Voted for lynched townie.
    12. @tangmcgame - Could also be an excuse for inactivity, but it could be legitimate, as in the case of my son being born. Didn't vote day 1.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Remember, I randomly voted you to tie the vote (was already tied and I skipped a vote) and then pedeguerra misnderstood me and voted for you aswell and that got him lynched in the end I think.