Make Training Ground BGs playable in Battleground ranked play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schmacko, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

The biggest problem with training grounds is no one plays in training grounds. The player base isn't big enough. Keep the training ground BGs as is, fully leveled, no upgrade option other than the default can't be traded or sub runes in but let new players (or anyone really) use em in ranked. This would give new players wide access to a lot of different bg themes from across all 8 factions since unlocking new training ground bgs is fairly gold cheap. It would also give them the experience of what playing other people is like without having to make a monetary or large gold investment and without running an unleveled bg cobbled together from a few packs and rune pool swaps. Playing the game is also a more fun way to earn gold than farming single player.

Also in the future it might not be a terrible idea to try and find someway to incentivize people to play in TG. Maybe some kind of once a day gold bonus for getting a TG game in. For now though you have these new TG BGs that were worked on and no one uses because no one is in TG.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

They can use the public decks in ranked.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The problem is you cannot search for a public bg only ranked match

4. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure how I missed this... maybe because I have too many bgs built and they are all at the bottom. Nvr mind then.