Making a Witch bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Gaiaix555, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Hey all you rotters and flesheating monstrosities, I'm here to ask you all for your advice on a witch bg!

Currently this is what I'm running, but I am finding it hard to stick to the theme whilst including needed staples like Xulos and whatnot. Any advice offered will be rewarded with fictional forum points that I do not have the authority to give away!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfJCoPC9gCaBCaXCaVcoiCg-cjZc4ns4gs6AspsgSns72S5aS7DrlrT

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Here is what my witch BG looks like.

2 Cackling, 2 Swordwitch, 2 Forsaken Follower, 2 Frostvein, 2 Inkblight, 2 Rip, 1 Sarinda, 1 Librarian, 2 Bokor.
    1 Chainlightning, 1 Chains, 1 Domi, 1 ED, 1 Haunt, 2 Mobi, 1 Soulreave, 2 Steal Life, 2 Witching Hour.
    1 Warbanner.
    1 Soulreaver.

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Why not run Magelord for Pain Curse?

4. BansheeX

Because MageLord imo is to bad a rune to include. He is far to fragile for his cost and the work to set up PaiCurse for a reasonable return is to hard to do on a scale where it matters.

If you want Paincurse to really work for you I suggest FW/SP with Sparkcrone and Magelords.

5. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Hm, I hadn't thought of a split for Sparkcrone......still, I find the global damage from Magelord very strong (if you can keep him alive), and it acts as a destealthing mechanic. And keeping curse on stuff isn't too hard with Whisperghast and Shadestriker. I do see your point on Magelord's durability though.

6. BansheeX

Its nice to hear they fixed it. It didnt use to reveal stealthed champions due to a bug.

7. BansheeX

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I would love to see an update to Curse to make it more viable, and your ideas sound just right. Also, Moragen should totally be a witch! Familiar could also be added to some other units, that would be nice and would make up for their lack of defence.

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Magelord is better to play in SP chops cause otherwise your opponent may cleanse curse when you need it or simply heal everything back. Even in chops you don't run him 2x. You start with vengers, blocks and stuff, when you have more or less safe position you deploy magelord and crone, and from now on you can deploy barb bolt, cast storm, bomb with the bolt, jolt with crone or ruub anytime you need.

10. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I wanted to say thank you to Banshee for helping me out with all of the advice! You also solved another problem I had, which was the lack of a frontline melee unit, since I had completely forgotten Swordmage was a witch!

4736 forum points to you!

11. BansheeX

My pleasure. Hope you have fun with it :)

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

One last thing Banshee, what upgrades would you recommend on the units? I'm pretty sure I'm running the best possible, but Cackling Witch has me confused since Distract/Ignorance is supporty and Exploit is more damagey. I also have my Frostvein's split between 2 debuffs and 1 debuff/1 global anti-ap.

13. BansheeX

I go for Ignorance/Forsaken on the Cackling and Debilitae/Snowblast on Frostvein.

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i like to rune forsaken followers and flesh weavers witches in my witch bg. it provides a decent amount of healing and free meat.

15. jesterman7

jesterman7 The King of Potatoes

Do you try to go for forsaken exploit bonus then? giving rip witch disease damage? etc

16. bluestun

bluestun Member

I prefer a witch/foul rites bg adding the corruptors with cheap undead meat blocking and turning my humans more powerful.

17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What about including any of the following:
    Experimental Warspirit
    Wretched Witch (maybe with Stitched Hex Doll)
    Witches' Hourglass
    Stitched HexDoll

If you only had 1 Bokor, what would you include instead?

18. BansheeX

I switch it around often and the only thing i really do not find worth it is Hourglass.
    Experimental is a tad overcosted imo, but can have its uses.

With only one Bokor i would be inclined to include a MageLord.

19. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

why Follower what makes her good?

20. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Why not run Wretched Witch? She's very useful and relatively cheap and chances you won't need poison cloud, mindwipe, wicked aura and charm are very low.