Making Paladins and Viability of fw/ IS Pallies

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Arthas367, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Hello all so I've been tinkering around with IS alot lately, have made drunks/ provision dwarves, constructs and now I'm working on pallies, acquire 2 x Angel of mercy and angel of protection earlier today

So my questions are what should I look into to fill in my Paladin deck, and more so is making a Magnus the fallen deck viable and use able ?

Thanks all

2. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Axeman is a easy choice for me since I already run provision/ drunks love him

Council Elder does look interesting

And I haven't heard anything good as of late about the archangel

3. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Well the stuff I have now of the big things atleast 2 x Angel of mercy, 1 x Angel of protection, 1x paladin commander, euan, 2 x axe master, and any relevant c/unc

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like northern cross militia for bodyguard. With axeman's fate, they have regeneration 5. 10 hp healed is great, then add in CtE

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Axeman yes, Elder no, he gets chewed up really quickly, Almara has always been good. Now that she's 6 speed though, no thanks.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@The OPs question about Magnus. He was viable because you used IS/FW spells to beef up his dmg to around 15-20 then you used paralytics to activate feedback for range 6 power hits. He's lost that so he's another example of a rune revamped into obscurity. Not a terrible champ though, since he has access to Lay on Hands, but not as impactful as he used to be.

Another paladin/fw deck I've made but didn't run too much was paladin attrition with the tomb/tome and heals to counter those while you shut out enemy heals with skull relic and hbov. Then you use ED to get two shot kills on anything that rushes and some Mobi's for late game domination.

That deck relied heavily on VW BfN so I'm not sure it would work now... might have to include nora gen of some sort.

7. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Sounds interesting the paladin / fw deck you mentioned, mind giving some further insight / help on that

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'll pull it up later and make some post-revamp changes and post it.

9. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Awesome thanks !

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You quoted a post that had nothing to do with your reply then made an invalid reference to another post. But ok.