Map Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 2, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Axillium- Can be tough if you go second. 1st player can send a champ to center font, then you have to counter contest center, 1st player can move a second champ into center font, while their 1st champ gains side font. Mean while second player can not usually contest their side font while moving their second champ into the center font. Second player plays catch up.

Dark Marsh- level is cool, really like how the center is a void and not super congested.

Elemental Plateau- Level sucks. Any faction with strong signal target spells will spam the congested center font. Knock back into the lava, into unpassible terrain ect. Limited acess to non-flying large units. I would like this level better I think with no center font and just the two side fonts. (Maybe two near-center fonts just outside the center.)

FW- level is a classic, mino's and like mobile battle groups have an advantage but whatever.

Grove of Ashes- Level is cool, if you have flyers/teleporters the central font is not that big of a deal. Central front is not super congested like Elemental Plateau, and Ironfist Pass. The bottle neck on the central font might be to much, a well placed relic can stop large units from contesting center font.

Ironfist Mountains- Level sucks. Center font is really congested. Knock back damage, easy to spam AoE and hit everything, single target spell spam. Player one can force player two into a tough spot similar to Axillium center font issue.

Ironfist Pass- Cool level, advantage flight heavy bg's and teleport units. Decent mobility. The center font is a knock back trap. (Not completely congested, but annoying sometimes.) Mostly fun level depending on your flying teleport options. Top and bottom fonts have a place where small units can hind from large unit easily (or at least make the large unit waist a lot of ap chasing them around).

Nora Glades- level provides a lot of options. I never understood the reason for so much impassible terrain on this level though. Center font displays low to mid level congestion. I usually have to play with the grid on so I can see what is passible or not.

Ruins of Valdac- The perfect level in almost any form. Note the center font, not congested.

Shores of Maljara- I dislike this level's play, the graphics are cool though. I feel it encourages to much camping. Which ever font falls under siege 1st has a hard comeback to make because of the fonts distance from the shrine make it is hard to supply support. Knock that cool cyclops statue and bushes out of the center, and you could probably cook up a decent 3 font level.

Snarling Tangle- level is cool, relating back to Elemental Plateau, I enjoy how the center is void of a congested central font. A lot of options on this level if center font is not a option. Flyers teleporters ftw.

Underdepths- I do not like this level much right now only because I have been using a lot of 5 speed weenies as of late. Hard to establish a threat to both top and bottom font. When I am using a bunch of fast flyers though this level is fun. Large units often have to take damage twice form lava moving around the closet font to the shrine (Super lame when you have to chase a font threat around).

Anima26 likes this.
  2. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

The moving terrain seems to have memory leaks right now, because whever my friends or I play games with terrain generators like oozes, water, or lava, the game gets crazy laggy over time, which persists until you quit the client or it inevitably crashes. More particles would be cool but the devs need to make it work first.

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's not so much a manner of animation, it's something about how the game handles pseudo-terrain effects on that scale. This same lag issue shows up when playing worms, for instance, with all the SDZ growth, even though that has no visual effect.

4. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

Just an idea but why cant we have bigger maps maybe some you have to work across trails and paths to get to an enemy maybe you come across other enemies, or better yet "FOG OF WAR" effect that was something they used in age of empires everything is blacked out unless you come in contact with an enemy or something.

5. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Note 2x2 champions already have a harder time moving around champions. So make sure the map doesn't give further huge disadvantages to them (Shattered Peaks and Ruins of Valdac were examples of this).

There are still going to be issues like "player 1 claims a font due to draw luck" but those are harder to deal with.