Map suggestion (Updated)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Mar 23, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

One of the maps currently out of rotation that has the potential to be a cool map with a little changing I feel could work if designed something like this...

Both images below would be very good options, I think I now prefer the first image as per markoths suggestion for the map.

EDIT: I think it'd be sensible to have mid font 9-12 spaces away from each shrine with the side fonts around 6 spaces from the shrine, I think that'd make for an interesting and balanced map

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thoughts?

EDIT: So PoxZuo necro'd this and posted this! looks good with some tweaking could be an excellent new map choice for ranked.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    IMAGIRL and PurpleTop like this.
  2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Could you put some numbers on it to show distances between shrines, fonts etc?

3. only

only Active Member

I think the original version could use fonts being pushed by 1 space and it would solve some problems. that map wasn't that bad to begin with. it was just doomed due to on-release: imps, strigs, crocodiles.

so I think it would be quite reasonable just to add that map as it was. let's give it couple weeks and see how it goes. if it's really broken, just try to fix it.

PurpleTop likes this.
  4. MentalMoles

I would like to think the mid font would be 6 spaces from each shrine. the font to the side I'm not sure of the exact distance, got any suggestions?

5. only

only Active Member

so wait a minute, you're proposing these changes without actually giving exact numbers (read: distance)? since you know, they're the most important detail here!

6. MentalMoles

ya, its just a general design that I wanted feedback on, I made this ages ago for the map contest and just found the screenshot and thought i'd repost now as the map is still dead

7. only

only Active Member

do you happen to have original version?

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Initial thought:
    IS first turn font Defender: GG

Based on that alone I would say that center font should be 9 spaces from both shrines.

9. only

only Active Member

it would be really cool to get grinded Auxilium map.

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

9 spaces huh? Sounds like a job for sonic ele :)

11. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly I really wouldn't mind a map pack expansion or something or rework maps that be pretty cool. I especially want to see an explore more of FS and the dunes of SL

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

without that midfont is a good place to start, as we know it will be balanced. The thing is that wouldn't bring real diversity other than the looks (it would be too similar to shores).
    What about something like this:
    [​IMG]

The idea would be, the near fonts can be capped in first turns (6), and far fonts are 2 turns away from the near font and 2 away from the enemy's shrine, so the first deploy captures natural fonts and contest the far font against enemy's second deploy, and winning the far font implies great threath to the shrine.
    I didn't put much tought to this so please tell me what you think.

Monyx likes this.
  13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Axilium honstly should just be a far top and bottom font, just like you draw, without the side ones. Then, put a font in the middle. Solved (I think).

14. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

This map wasn't around when i started playing, and I'm glad. The artwork doesn't fit the game style very well.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ho would it look with a Shrine in the top left and bottom right? A mid font 9ish spaces from each shrine and a font top right and bottom left?

16. MentalMoles

Not anymore i'm afraid, I actually got the original from a post made by DMRBadguy I believe, so ask him. I'm sure he has it.

17. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I really like GabrilQ's version......i like the idea of a middle font but at the same time it seems like it could be easily abused......i think either one would be funner than not having auxilium tho.....i really miss this map altho it was deemed to be broken.

18. MentalMoles

The problem with this is that a flying champ draw takes the other persons side font with ease, Thats the only reason I went for the middle font idea, However having mid font 9 spaces away from each shrine might be a sensible idea.

19. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

I like the idea of working on the maps, but changing one map a little is not a big enough discussion (and there have been lots of discussions in the past). There should be way more maps. 20, 50 100 or more. Cool new buildings, land features, layouts, other designs that the smart people of Pox will think up. Of course each map should attempt to be ballanced. It would even be cool if you could have all the maps as random or choosen in custom matches for practice and then have the maps random but rotate in ranked (that is they would be random but maybe have 5-10 maps per week that are active).

So yes, let's work on the maps. But no, let's not work on this idea. Think big!

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

As I see it, there is no advantage for flying champion, as the fastest deployment points and paths are all using the ramps. I see 2x2 hate though, a 2x2 cannot go and defend the far font against enemy's first deploy.