Marijuana going legal - is it the way to go?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Sep 23, 2015.

?

Do you approve of marijuana going legal?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'm not right-wing enough for US politics.

Geressen likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This is complete and utter denial of the facts. It is beyond obvious that you do not live here and have no idea of our struggle against tyranny.

Here is a bit o' information about the reality of the price being paid by we the people:

An estimated 22 veterans committed suicide in America each day in 2010, according to a report released Friday by the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/01/16811249-22-veterans-commit-suicide-each-day-va-report

Nearly 1,900 military veterans are thought to have taken their own lives in just 2014 alone, according to an estimate from Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, ABC reports.

http://readersupportednews.org/news...o-have-committed-suicide-since-january-1-2014

11-14-2014

The International Business Times reported Friday that the Department of Veterans Affairs had stopped releasing the number of non-fatal casualties of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, thus concealing what the paper called a “grim milestone” of 1 million injuries.

All that can be said with any certainty is that as of last December more than 900,000 service men and women had been treated at Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics since returning from war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that the monthly rate of new patients to these facilities as of the end of 2012 was around 10,000. Beyond that, the picture gets murky. In March, VA abruptly stopped releasing statistics on non-fatal war casualties to the public. However, experts say that there is no reason to suspect the monthly rate of new patients has changed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites#/sites/...on-veterans-injured-in-iraq-afghanistan-wars/

6-22-2015

The Department of Veterans Affairs is still recovering from the scandal which erupted in 2014 over manipulated waitlists. A year later, the number of veterans waiting a month or more for appointments — is up by 50 percent.

Not only are wait times soaring out of control, but the department is posting a shortfall of $2.7 billion dollars, The New York Times reports.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/22/could-it-get-any-worse-va-wait-times-up-50-percent-from-last-year/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. Boozha

... Dude, you are talking about soldiers. Not about civilians. Back in the US there simply isn't a serious impact to the war, in fact, your military drives a lot of your economy. Comparing a few wounded and dead soldiers to entire cities burning to nothingness with millions of civilian dead is ... absurd? After your entire country has been ruined, after your poulation is starving, after you are finding unexploded ordnance everywhere, after a decent percentage of people have been killed directly in front of another decent percentage of people, maybe then you can talk about the impact of war. Until then, your "struggle against tyranny" is the most sanitray struggle I've ever seen ... and it also isn't against tyranny, but that's kinda on the side.

As for the suicide statistics, could I please ever see one of them adjusted for age and gender? Please? Without adjustments it is a rather meaningless statistic.

4. DarkJello

1) #VetsLivesMatterToo
    2) So a German is complaining to an American that we have not suffered enough since WWI. That is rich.
    3) Very grim pic you painted. Does one need to be rApped to oppose rAp? I would love for Murica to stop bombing and such. Also, BHO has a Nobel Peace Prize.
    4) We do have a tyrannical gvt right this very second. Of course things can get exponentially worse. I oppose it now, in hopes that a positive impact will be achieved.
    (Boehner, AKA public enemy #1, is resigning. Tiny sliver of hope that things will improve somewhat).
    5) Are you a refugee of war or something? Unvarnished truth.

5. Boozha

1) Yes. But either you accept that being a soldier is dangerous or ... I don't know what. Or you are insane. As for suicides, if the rate adjusted for other factors isn't significantly higher, where's the issue? And without adjustments, how to even say whether it is higher?
    2) I'm not following?
    3) You can be opposed, but you can't say "I've felt the same impact on my life as someone that has been raep'd had", to stay in the comparison. The US has not felt war like other nations have and has no memory or understanding of it the way other nations have.
    4) Oh, I don't like your government either, the amount of people that say "the US is not a democracy, it is a republic [as if that were exclusive] and that is good!" is pretty much heartbreaking. So is the rabid nationalism, xenophobia and warmongering.
    5) No, thankfully I have led a very, very safe life. I just care about other people that haven't had as much luck.

6. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

... and now this thread is about the role of the U.S. in World War II? You guys cannot even stay on-topic in off-topic.

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  7. DarkJello

We are trying to "win" with wildly creative and unconventional strats. Ever heard of that? :D

Ohmin and iPox like this.
  8. DarkJello

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It should be noted that there is a very large difference between how the people of the US generally view the Military since WWI, and how the media has promoted it. Almost every movement (certainly every major movement) has been denegrated by the mainstream media since at least the Vietnam War, and it's not like the Hippie movement has been treated kindly either.

There has been a great deal of effort put out to censor what war really looks like, both by the owners of the largely consolidated media franchises, and by the military and politicians who use the military to support their own personal goals.

Most US citizens don't worship the military... but they HAVE been conditioned that "supporting the troops" is the politically correct thing to do or say (even if they don't actually give a damn or believe the troops wrong to carry out certain orders) and to always include that even when criticizing a military action.

The last 50 years or so has been full of "behavior placement" put in by the CIA, NSA, etc. The NSA for the longest time had infact instructed media to deny its existence for example "No Such Agency" it would sometimes be called. Anderson Cooper on CNN, for example, is a CIA operative (or at least a "retired" CIA operative).

These sorts of things are why there's a divide between Media talking points and how lots of people feel about certain issues, including the military.

Even some Presidents (mostly JFK and Eisenhower) had spoken out against it, but it grew none the less.

And quite frankly I find it hard to believe that if the US was hit hard by war it wouldn't have still grown, albeit possibly more defensive in nature. After all, it was primarily under the fear of the Cold War and nuclear annihiliation that the current system was built. Being severely damaged would have only furthered people's trust in the military as a means of protection. Or, following that, fear of terrorism such as Oklahoma City, 9/11, etc.

Those engineering the Complex are making very good use of crises to gather more and more support for their actions.

Of course, if the US had received sustained war damage over the last 50 years, the country itself would likely be some North-American equivalent of Syria, Greece, or Egypt (in terms of political and economic capacity), which certainly would have removed... or at least moved the Complex.

While one can reasonably argue that a life of abundance can lead to sloth, ignorance, indolence, and general stupidity, it is also true that fear, incomplete understanding, and strife can lead to manipulation, ignorance, hateful bigotry, and general stupidity.

In North Korea, pretty much everyone there knows what's going on, but the grip of the military state is so strong, that the people are too afraid, weakened, and hurt to be able to do much about it (at least so far). Thus the state and it's (much smaller) Complex are able to feed off it's people in the same way that the US/NATO/EU Complex is able to feed off it's people through their apathy, even though we probably have the power to do something about it if we really get around to bothering.

Ragic, iPox and DarkJello like this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Clearly some have been smoking too much and get distracted easily :p

iPox, SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Florida stands to make a lot of money from hemp farms and hemp products. So much money people will not even remember what an orange is.

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Lemme preface this post by saying that I didn't read this whole thread before posting, but my content shouldn't add any conflict, just more opinion.

I think that this is absolutely the way to go. Legalization of marijuana in Colorado has given them a huge taxable income, one that was larger that alcohol and was able to jump start he economy.

Additionally, statistics will show that a huge amount of non violent offenders are in prisons because of drug offences, often petty marijuana possession.

The
    plant itself offers very little behavioral backlash or impairment. Sure you shouldn't go to work red-eyed, just like you shouldn't go to work drunk. This does not mean that it renders anyone completely non functional. Some people like to drink a whiskey coke after wit before going to bed. Others roll a blunt.

Research shows thst there is little to no health hazards associated with marijuana in its base form. At the very least there is less than in the all popular alcohol, which has been legal for centuries (prohibition aside).

Plus, think of how good it can be off government research is geared toward making the stuff more potent (for medicine, of course ) :]

Socially, there should be no reason to avoid it, as long as alcohol is legal.

Politically, I am not necessarily the voice of authority here, but the same could be said. America has by far the largest prison population, as I said before. Something like over a third of the worlds prison population are in america. A huge amount of which for unnecessary reasons such as drug possession.

This, among other reasons even less justified in my eyes, has led us to taking extreme measures to assure vacancy in the prisons for even more petty users. So we employ a death penalty to more violent offenders, call it justice for PC, and then replace that cell with a pot dealer... Or crack head.... Or horse rider. Not to say those are always the most bubbly of people, but do they really belong in a cell with the dude who gagged his victim with a dead cat?

I could go on about the prisons (most of which are privately owned by large businesses and there for exploited for monetary profit [disgusting ]), but this isn't really the time for that. I just wanted to make a point that this legalization is a step in the right direction for making that less of an issue

Pedeguerra likes this.
  13. PurpleTop

Of course it does put those hard working old school dealers out of the market, but that's none of my bussiness

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You should read the whole thread. Its hilarious.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Frences

Frences New Member

I have read a lot of information on this topic on Vapingdaily. If you interested, you can find there something useful.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Netherlands.

Just do it @world

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the three year necro, good Bane Shift

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

heh, god catch on the necro

19. PurpleTop

Let's go, Canada!

Living in california right now, the entire Las Angeles valley is haze with vape smoke

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it's not legal in the Netherlands.
    technically the laws against it are unenforced

and I know that conversation is 3 years old but I think I repeatedly stated that:
    If you want to see the difference in how America and Europe see war compare an american made war movie to European for example miasto 44 ( polish) , 1944 ( estonian) Dear elza ( Hungarian) or unsere Väter, unsere Müter ( German)

Varthas likes this.