Markoth's Desk (August 18th patch list and next patch discussion)

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah her being a paladin ...good or bad, is the only reason we're even having this discussion. If she's not a paladin then we "might" have had a separate discussion about a random support rune who happens to be shoebox "some" day later on. The next step then would be asking what theme she should fit in ...which would be a circular discussion. Due to the fact that unless some priest/shaman "additional" synergy is added asap it's just too much of a commitment of time to try and force secondary modules to a theme that has a primary module that needs work.

- She's a paladin because it's an order of paladins that trained her. She's a priest sent to be the first to help and support villages as a representative of the northern cross. This happens before the cray cray northern cross arrive later (see flavor text), but if your in the cross your a paladin. If we're now gonna only say paladins are melee chiseled chin carbon copies (which they were for awhile) then we should scrap it all together cuz thats terrible and boring and moving backward.

- I think it's a mistake to remove Call: C.Spear off of base. It's what the revamp failed on and this would also perpetuate that failure. Signature abilities good or bad can't just be sidebar'd and making it an upgrade is just the same as just removing it considering the likely upgrade choices. It's a weak move. The right move is to advocate for making things like the spear relevant without being OP. This goes for the relic rune as well and to some degree burning crusade spell.

- Simple solution is to make the "call: c.spear" ability able to work at a range of 2 or 3 spaces. Long fuse is deployable at 4 spaces as a comparison. If the spear needs to have "font aversion" so be it. Though then the relic rune needs a buff.

- The hard solution, and much cooler idea I might add, imo would have been to make the Celestial spear an equipment like HBoV. Then the priestess would be deployed with it equipped and the counterpart to the HBoV and would grant the bearer "attack: electricity" and ability X and/or Y. Then like the HBoV could be dropped as a relic that functions the same way as does currently. Then we could just change the status of the current C.Spear relic rune to an equipment. Then the paladins could have this very interesting paladin equipment module to build from. CtE and fire from HBoV etc and Celestial radiance and elec from C.Spear.

- So for the boring simple solution Id go something this :
    1) Attack range changed to 4-5 from 3-5 (I know its terrible but she can't be as expensive as she is) Otherwise give her vulnerable on base or some cost reducer imo.
    2) Attack-Fire changed to Attack-Lighting
    3) Call: Celestial Spear now can be deployed up to 3 spaces away (relic now has font aversion)
    4) Upgrade lines changed to Path A- Cleansing flame, call to arms, grand entrance Path B- Grant magic aura, sunder, resurrect

- This way you have a cool on attack aggressive build Call to arms/sunder ... the prototype current build ... and a new more control support build.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think she would be pretty decent at 4-5 actually. She has abilities like Cleansing Flame that would let her still have options up close. That's a good option to have available. Call to Arms does fit theme and would help an over costed range champ justify their cost. I would be careful though because CtA will likely get a cost increase at some point because 4 is so low. I disagree about Sunder simply on the grounds that IS has sooooo much ranged sunder and people like to complain about it.

Baskitkase likes this.
  3. Thbigchief

- Yeah mark can replace sunder. I do also worry that if she is close to "good stuff" territory it will be a sore point.

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its a class...its fine to have a class on multiple race units. They do it slightly different and have different pros and cons

5. Tarth

Find the lore please. I would love to see it. You're reasons for adding/keeping it are pathetic. Its good, she gets access to paladin mechanixs blah blah. She can easily be worth it if she brings a role or synergy to thebg.

You of all people are saying everything is a paladin while complaining about human barb paladin at the same time.

The rune says she's a priestess. You can not be like " she don't know who she is"

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you want to ever differentiate the CtE classes, you have to start sometime.
    I would make northern cross cadinal and priestess only class: priest.
    Not everything in the bg has to receive the benefits of commander: paladin to make that ability worthy.

Sirius likes this.
  7. Thbigchief

- Ironically Cardinal cannot receive the benefits of being commanded if commanding himself. The more you know...

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Putting aside that all Northern Cross runes are Paladins and that it's a Paladin order, I Repeat:
    I am completely for that, but I will always be against doing it backwards. I absolutely abhor when this happens regardless of theme or faction.

If we're starting sometime, and the time is now - alright, but we don't start with changing it before we even know what we're changing it to. It's like buying furniture for a house that not only you don't own but that doesn't exist.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Why did all horse riding champs get beast?

10. Legato

How do you feel about the cost of Mark of Al'Mara? Feel 6-8 would be more apropo, but part of the 'problem' is that right now it's only on ranged units. For comparison Restraining Aura costs 6, Distract costs 4 and even burn 3 costs 9. Just checking the general thought on this, it is powerful so it's not a major issue or anything, but it would probably seem over-costed on a melee and if it doesn't then it's probably undercosted on range.

On that note, how would you guys feel about losing Declare Hunted on Isran for Mark of Al'Mara?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

mark of almara is crazy strong IMO, 10 looks fair.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't really like declare hunted, so I wouldn't mind that. But Isran and Magnus are soooo boring.

Thbigchief likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I really would love to see race: human, class barb. Vengeant Knight is the man right now, and i would love to use violent with humans. Plus i have wanted a good human bg since forever. My reasoning is selfish but it would allow more synergy, I think.

14. Tarth

But this wasn't true till after they added paladin to her/them after revamp. She was just a priestess when she came out.

15. Tarth

Every champ with a mount has had the mounts race depicted. that could easily change game wide though.

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Ncp was originally released as both priest paladin and even then peeps were wtf about why both.

17. Tarth

Was it? Well I was wrong, could of sworn that was only true for Aria and the cardinal because you know, Legendary.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm thinking 8. Unlike Burn, it has the possibility of doing nothing. There is no guaranteed effect and the damage add on subsequent attacks is reduced by defense.

19. Legato

Could we swap Council Elder's Judgement for Shielded in its first ability line?

Given the nature of the ability it would make much more sense for it to be an upgrade; its strength relative to how much one elects to support/structure around its use.

The swap would only shave 1 nora off, and keep things relatively the same while SpellSwallower and Council: Spells are still effectively competing against one another.

Baskitkase likes this.
  20. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Aria Needs to be the Healer combat preistess:

NCP needs to be a combat Preistess.

Grant aura, Cleansing flame, mark base.

Heal, and spears to upgrades.

range 3-5 or 4-5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.