Massacres in Paris: Nov 13th, 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

In all those years, he's always struck me as a lunatic. The ignore button saves you some braincells.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well I have it on good authority that you are fat. and that I am in fact the sanest person here.
    I know.
    that's what i'm trying to get him to do.
    this is true.

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I took him off ignore last night, since I think he is European.

Apparently his native language is English, based on the badgering.

If your diagnosis is correct, that is too bad for Geressen.

Learning as much as possible about the terrorists is 100% relevant. Motivations, funding, network, personal history... Knowledge is power. If we ignore lots of details about the terrorists, how can we expect to develop a realistic strategy?? Also, my agenda is victory.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I never put anyone on ignore for I feel your voices deserve to be heard by someone before you all fade away into history

wrong, it's Dutch. i could talk a lot about how badgering about english would point to someone not being first language english but not right now.
    it is not I who suffers?

fair point however most likely it is meant to spread distrust and fear of the many people who travelled to europe to escape violence such as this.

this is also the gay agenda, and that is ok.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He is from the Netherlands, so I assume his mother tongue is dutch. He's definitely a smart guy. Just lunatic, deliberate or not.

Geressen likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The french president must really suck at speaking english. First he says france is scared, then he says they are going to be ruthless in their response to the attacks, as if france thinks the same way as the terrorist, wow, he is making france look so bad. lol...

7. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I wouldn't expect English to be his first language.

Even so I don't think it's contradictory to be scared and ready to be ruthless in a response. Being scared is a recognition of the new reality. These monsters can and will attack any where, but it's necessary to rid them at their source. It will not be an easy task.

I have not been in combat, but as someone who has been in the military I doubt there are very few who aren't a bit scared going into battle.

BurnPyro, Geressen and DarkJello like this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

as a president of a country you are never supposed to admit to your enemy that you are scared, especially when you are the president of freaking france combating terrorist that are no real threat to your country.(the goal of the terrorist is to terrorize people... France's president sounds like an idiot) You also shouldn't be saying things like your response will be ruthless, ruthless is a word "bad guys" use not presidents of civilized nations... His translator needs to be fired and the media fined or given some sort of punishment for sensationalizing the events and trying to scare people, get attention, and make money off of what has happened.

9. DarkJello

Terrorists are a threat to citizens here, there, and virtually everywhere. The terrorists already did the terrorizing, saying as much is just admitting reality. And stating truth/reality is the opposite of sounding like an idiot. Not convinced on your "ruthless" theory. Also, you used the word twice. Double danger?!? Why fire the translator? (I am seriously interested in how you arrived at that conclusion). People by the 100s of millions want to know all about the attacks, and the subsequent reactions/details. Media is the vehicle. Facts abound. Plenty of real journalism on the matter. I don't believe your ideas will gain traction.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the president and the medias response to what happened is what the terrorist wanted and is why they carried out the attack in the first place. The media is supposed to report the story not try to cash in on the event but they are a business so they do bs like that. The president doesn't really have an excuse, he makes the whole country look weak and soft. He should have just let his mom or his wife speak for him and went to go hide under his bed...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  11. DarkJello

[​IMG]

'Prayer for Paris': Elle Macpherson, Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman lead messages of support as at 129 are killed in terror attacks on French capital

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...140-killed-terror-attacks-French-capital.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CenturyLink Field in Seattle stands with France.

(I just returned from Seattle tonight, Nov 14th, 2015).

Seattle’s French community gathers in solidarity

11-14-2015

'With cheers of “Vive la France” and singing the French national anthem, “La Marseillaise,” Seattle’s local French community gathered at a Belltown bakery Saturday afternoon to support one another and Paris after Friday’s attacks, the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.'

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattles-french-community-gathers-in-solidarity/

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It might seem innocent enough in tgis tgread, but DarkJello is adherrant of a quasi-cultish political movement and uses 'evolve' in the same way a Jehovah's witness might use 'awoken' or 'enlightened' - i.e. to indicate that he has progressed further down a particular line of proscribed thinking. This is very different to the meaning of words in general usage, and can only be seen as valid if you think the direction he is heading is superior. If not 'devolve' might be more appropriate.

Geressen likes this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    Source
    Honestly amazed all these buildings have multi-coloured lighting installed.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Your lack of intelligence and understanding of basic concepts is astounding.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

pretty sure you were on something when you typed this. don't do drugs kids.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

thats nice to see but at the same time stuff like this happens all the time in less developed countries and no one ever cares. Even in the united states 500,000 people have been murdered by guns since 1980 and the country is more focused on combating terrorism. only around 5000 american citizens have died from terrorism since 1980...

the world is messed up.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah I've been thinking about this, awful stuff like this happens a lot in the middle East and Africa and it barely makes the western news. When it happens in a western country it is a huge deal.

I don't think this is hypocrisy exactly, because there will always be a focus on 'local' issues (which isn't necessarily about distance but could be about connected cultures) which I don't think is wrong.

But, where western countries bear a lot of responsibility for terrorism/conflict that has happened outside the west I think we do have a moral duty to take it as serious as terrorist attacks here.

DarkJello and IMAGIRL like this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It was either anger or ruthlessness, it must have been one of them because it can't be both at the same time.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, conflicts in conflict zones are not as much news as terrorism attacks in a western country. I don't think it's unfair for the media to spend a lot of time on this.

As long as it is proper journalism, of course.

Makorov and DarkJello like this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

YEaH! , wait NO!