Massacres in Paris: Nov 13th, 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

right, because suicide cults and spree killings followed by the murderer turning the gun on themselves never happen anywhere ever...

anyways here ya go, it's pretty fun page to read:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_attack
    favourite parts:

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the french are also good at guillotining people too.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

most Christians are only christian in name, people could easily pervert the religion of Christianity to suit their own purposes as they have done in the past. Look at the crusades, the nazis, the spanish inquisition, and colonialism. The only difference between islam and christianity is that in this time period islam has more extremist, because of their countries generally being unstable, underdeveloped, divided, and ironically in part the result of christian influences.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

How is a crusader or even a natzi soldier compareable to a suicide bomber? Were the hilter youth expected to kill themselves? Did the pope ask Christian knights to go to the holy land and kill themselves? The only compareable thing I can think of were khamakazi pilots whose sole purpose was to crash their planes into enemy ships. But even that (and the examples gressen cited) had some military goal in mind. That goal being to win the battle or the war that those soldiers believed would be the result.

What military goal is achieved by a suicide bomber taking out civilians? What evidence is there that this strategy even works? It doesn't demoralize the enemy, just the opposite. Did 911 cause America to retreat from the Middle East? Did the attacks in Paris cause France to stop bombing Isis?

If history shows anything it's that a war of attrition against the soldiers themselves is what causes foreign countries to lose their will to fight like Vietnam. What do you think would have happened if the tet offensive was a series of suicide bombings in the states? We would have napalmed that whole country.

So my point is how do you get your youth to willingly kill themselves for basically no strategic advantage, in fact just the opposite? I think it has to be rooted in the belief system that your God will reward you for doing it. If Isis really wanted to carve out a country for themselves then they're going about it the wrong way. Theyre just hoping that they can draw in the rest of the Muslim world into their jihad. There is no military sense to it. It's more like Manson thinking he could start a race war. They should stop reading the Koran and start reading the art of war.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    DarkJello likes this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just read an article that said Washtington will be the next target.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

genocide and murder is worse than suicide.

7. Ragic

Interestingly if those same suicide bombers ONLY killed themselves as a protest it would have a greater impact. But its because they couple it with murder that it fails.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

LOL, no.

PurpleTop likes this.
  9. Ragic

which would garuntee that Trump becomes the next president.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

trump can't be elected in a general election, lol... maybe president of narnia but the united states no...

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

isis threaten washington dc and end up on the front page of cnn other news websites. The media is horrible... The media might as well apply for work at isis they are already recruiting for them with all the publicity they give them and how dramatic they make everything seem.

I don't know why I still go to the cnn website for news.

one of the headlines cnn has posted is a quote from mccain saying isis is not invincible... cnn is awful.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because of their attack on france the west will actually start caring about isis now. I doubt isis will last much longer in its current form.

they could have killed hundreds of thousands maybe even millions of middle eastern people if they wanted to but kill 100 french and you get destroyed. the worlds so messed up.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why are you awnsering your own questions whitout the conciousness to see that you did?

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The fact that you assert Trump cannot win the general, actually makes me think he has an even BETTER chance of doing so.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

probably because you dont know politics very well or are extremely partisan.

Geressen likes this.
  16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Care to elaborate?

I only took four years of college level math and differential calculus, so I could be wrong, but as far as I can tell when less people vote for you you tend to lose election

Geressen likes this.
  17. DarkJello

The combination of truth and complete and utter BS within this quote is staggeringly depressing. Name of the writer please?

A standard, good, honorable, kind Muslim/Christian/Buddhist/Hindu should be upset and offended by the above characterization of "religious zealots".

18. DarkJello

My comment was based off your track record. You are WRONG a LOT. And NOT by a tiny bit either.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its amazing that jeb bush is looking like hes gonna lose the primary. he is probably the only republican candidate running that could beat hillary clinton currently in a general. voters are stupid, lol.

20. DarkJello

So your math skills taught you that Trump has a 0% chance of winning the general election? Which chapter/class did they cover that in your school?