Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tweek516, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So at the moment there is a limit to the number of messages (as in, messages on the main site) you can send in a certain time frame. This is fine, but can we change guild messages to count as only 1? As is, if you send a guild message you basically can't message for a few hours.

@Sokolov @Senshu

calisk and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Unfortunately there is a pretty high overhead with the messaging system hence the limit applying to both. Some of this has to do with the features that were tacked onto features for the game. We could like to look at cleaning up a lot of the website functionality once the new client is out and stable.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Could you implement a threading for guilds similar to what every profile has so they could communicate that way while not logged in.

4. Senshu

You mean a guild chat that persists outside of the game?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

That sounds right. I think he may mean something similar to the Profile Message thing on the side of the forums but guild specific so people can post messages back and forth.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Pretty much

7. Senshu

Hmm, as much as something like that would be useful for some the reality is the amount of overhead needed to get something like that up and running versus the very limited potential use such a thing would actually get makes it a very unlikely feature. It would be a better use of resources to tie the forum functionality into the actual game accounts, but there are pitfalls with that too. Once we get the new client released and polished then we can look at what the next big feature will be.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Speaking of. Can you tell Gedden to stand his stuffed owl back up? I hid a camera in it to try and figure out when release is. Someone knocked it over so all I see is the roof.

9. Senshu

Which stuffed owl? He has a room with 20 of them.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

upload_2017-2-1_20-50-53.png

11. Senshu

That shot if from years ago. The owl collection has grown, or has it? ;)

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Until he has a baby owl living in his hair like this:
    [​IMG]
    I won't be impressed.

13. Senshu

Would a owl hat count?

14. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Only if the hat was the Afro

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats gedden? not gonna lie always imagined hed be fat.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Press X to win fantasy