META SL BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by D4rkSteel, Nov 13, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Can anyone give me an example BG of the Sundred Lands META right now? Also a little bit of explanation of the chosen runes is very much appreciated!

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

SL has a meta?

3. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Well this is dissapointing...

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Dead forum is dead..

You need snogvie for sure.
    Heard Cannoneers are good too.
    Try the psions, it's alt ranged damage.
    Paradigms are still great.
    I have seen all the 3 heroes on Meta SL bgs, but now that they cost more i dunno.

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Here is a Dragon bg where I opted to not include certain dragons (like the boring pile of stats known as Sundered Hellion) and instead I made some meta inclusions, especially to counter summons and incorporeals. The most recent addition is Draksar Augmenter over Serpentor Paradigm (untested yet, changed when latest patch hit). I will explain later if needed, it's quite late for me now. I've been playing this quite successfully for a long while now, though it did get gradually refined over time.

[​IMG]

Quick note though, the Maulers DO create conflict with my own sources of magic damage, BUT by learning what and when to deploy that can be avoided. Especially since you don't much need Maulers when you need magic (vs FW).

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

How often do you find "Blister" to be worth the use?

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Indeed that is one of the rarer used slots. I had Rage Band there in the past, but I found myself using it extremely rarely and I only kept it a while because in theory it made sense in the deck. But there were times when I had both my AoEs burned and I'd find myself wishing for a third one... so I finally swapped Band for Blister. I chose Blister because I only have 1 detector and some players feel like being annoying smartasses with their stealth, and to catch the very elusive injured units. In any case, I use Blister more than Rage Band, personally... it is still a recent addition, but I doubt I go more than 4 games without using it. But probably a bit more often than that... in most long games at least.

I suppose that slot might be better filled by an extra Dragonfear or an extra Dragon even, depending on your preference. But all the roles seem covered, so an extra Dragon would be there just to add more of something and to aid with Surge. Possible candidates that I'd recommend would be Drakewing Swarm (counts as 3, super cheap, ranged quasi-immunity), an extra Krikkinwing Alpha (wonderful tank with role switching abilities) or the rather good Skywing Agitator.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014