Meta

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by xplint, Apr 7, 2014.

1. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

hi i saw many cool games with UD.. and i would like to know what meta i can build with 300k poxbox points (ofc i wont be able to get hekatian bloodguard)

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. xplint

i think i can get it and have more points to spend, are there other good runes i should try gabriel?

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ok not bad ,
    ditch the griefbearer because you have x2 sentry for detect , not worth the cleanse anymore.....
    ditch one of the purefires
    ditch 1 or both the tinderboxes ,
    ditch one or both of the nightspiders ,
    i would ditch the mandate as the bg doesn't run any beaters like demonvein..... but ill leave it to preference.
    Add fiery ambush
    Add shatter because the bg has no way of shattering
    add relic door to support all the minos you put
    If you are gonna run minos.... consider x2 insurgent too for high speed /cheap beaters + combat awareness echoes

Consider demonic wags , i personally dont enjoy them anymore but can not deny their power

you want 16 champions which you already have.... you can keep or ditch the pitdragons depending on preferance, great unit but not effective in this style of bg....more effective in flat out demons

you can add soulthrister or demonvein if you want to keep mandate , thats a simple clean up of it :)

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

BG focusing on heavy ap gen, relocates, and pulls (still need to find a way to work in a 1 detect, since relying on 2 bloodguards is kind of risky): http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVC3Bc4@cj1cpLCdPcd6c60Cg2cknc7GcdFc31s6Gs7FS2Hs8fs3os86sAr3TrAr20E2K

Range heavy bg that uses efficient melee champs to stall: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVC4@Cj1C-CdPc60Cg2c7GCh0c31s4@s7FS2Hs3os86sOsAs1lr3TrAr20e2K

Minotaur module: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfVC4@C-c60Cg2c7GcdFCh3Ch2Ch0s6Gs7FS2Hs3os86SAr3TrAr20E2K

Just to give you some ideas on various meta-esque bgs.

You might want to add masochism in bgs w/ wags; you might want to add a shatter spell in the bgs w/o DEP. Maddening echos can be swapped for fire blasts if you feel like you need for fire damage to keep the orb up. Sometimes I think 2x sacrifice is better than having superiority or an extra finisher. If you don't run blood guards, you probably need more detect in the bg since you'll have fewer bloodtrackers.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  6. xplint

Thanks guy! u really helped me

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Imp is crazy effecieitn for 55nora

8. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

That bg is quite good, 2x purefire and a griefbearer is overkill, one of those 3 should be enough. Current meta is Flamecrusher (<- OP rune, nothing comes close to his efficiency) and whatever you want around it. Only thing im worried aout in your bg is pit dragon, it is slow and you dont have anything to support it. I would drop both for a hook fiend and Grimlic.

9. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

10. RasielCZ

this looks nice, sice you run wags i would try to include something with flame siphon to make them cheaper

11. Aghatoor

What can i add? The only good rune with siphon is the doomy, but i can't afford him, and the nefari siphon isn't so good :(

12. RasielCZ

Nefari siphon is not as versaile as doom, but is still a good champ being cheaper.

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

It's probably good as is. I'd think about some minor stylistic changes after you play w/ the deck, but I don't think there's a "right" answer to making or not making these changes:

1) Consider removing mandate of sheoul. You only have 1 life siphon champion and, personally, I find this spell is most effective on life siphon champs (i.e. soul thirster, voidraker, demonvein, etc.).
    2) Consider removing 1 scorched dwarf. You have PoV, though, so this is kind of risky.
    3) Consider adding grimlic.
    4) Consider adding a source of shatter (probably the spell w/ this deck).
    5) Consider removing fading recollection. I run a voidraker for confuse, so I've taken out fading recollection. The spell is very expensive...55 nora. Because of that cost, it's really only effective on super expensive champions w/ defensive abilities (like Gekaal) or passive champions that are useless after FR (aspect of chaos, spellkaiser, etc.).
    6) Consider adding masochism since you have wags and summons.

14. Aghatoor

Mmm probably if i've got a voidraker i would remove hook fiend for it, it seems too slow, and i'd try what is better between fadin recollection, shatter, mandate and masochism, two space for 4 runes ;) and the dwarf seems very good, i'd try it, if it would be unusefull, put back in hook fiend ;)