Midterm Tundra

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by doubtofbuddha, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Reasons why I don't want it to be Heal Champion:
    • She seems really solid already
    • She also has Heal Champion (yea, I know, you take Invig, but still)
    • The ability already has Heal Mass, which, if combined with Heal Champion, makes it very hard to give to a future rune without making it super heal + whatever else it has
      • To put it another way, it massively restricts the other abilities on the champions, particularly since you need actives to trigger the Quest in the first place, which will mean 3 to 4 actives
      • I guess we don't really have to imagine what that would look like, it'd be her, with Snow Shroud/Snow, Invig, Heal Mass and Heal Champion
    • I don't think Quest abilities should give multiple high cost abilities
    What I MIGHT do is change it so the TARGET of the ability gets Regeneration, but there are some tech issues with that.

Other suggestions are welcome, but keep in mind the above.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like that idea a lot better it sounds really cool.

3. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Good changes (most of them), but Frost Aura really does kill Crystal Elemental. Close positioning is crucial in that subtheme, and it's virtually impossible to NOT end up harming your own units. I'd suggest swapping it to Frost Nova 3. (Or something more imaginative)
    K'ento- SO CLOSE. The fact that Silent Contemplation is broken by any damage effectively renders the ability useless. Even NoKhanDo can't keep her from taking damage most turns. I never understood why that provision was added in the first place- let's take it out.

4. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Giving the targ
    Regen to the target would be amazing. I'd probably compensate with a -2 DMG or something given how much more powerful that would make the unit.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Solid arguments, Im convinced.
    I really like that idea, but if it gets too hard to implement dont bother, she is a very solid unit, probably the most balanced out of the bunch.

6. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I have to ask why does it need to have a quest ability to get the heal? Because of the cost of the ability (based on poxbase ) it seems like just having heal mass baseline would be cheaper and better for the champ. If it had transfer life or some other sort of ability that cost hp the regen wouldn't feel wasted and the overall ability would feel more useful and less of a sandbag, as is it costs more and forces you to wait before getting the heal.

Handing out regen is an interesting idea if the quest mechanic needs to stay. Perhaps it could get regen ranks and finally empathy, would have the problem of needing to be hurt for the healing to work but maybe with sustain or transfer life could make for a neat little heal.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Kento actually good, hits like a tank again in Frost BGs.

8. Pedeguerra

Ive seen some people running her yesterday and its hilarious the amount of wrong builds for her (at least on my view).

9. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Enlight us

10. Pedeguerra

Ahhhh, then it would loose all the fun wouldnt it? :D:D:D

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

You should definitely loose all the fun.

12. Pedeguerra

KKKK I will not edit that typo there just so the fun can be loose.

13. doubtofbuddha

Yay! Fun for all. Except FW players.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  14. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

new patch fixed up the leg whip with multi attack replacing rapid. looks nice but struggling to figure out what large short range unit to switch out for it. can ST get an ability to synergize with all of its flying fatties we seem have a fairly large supply of them, mainly a joke but hey would maybe be fun.

Actually just looking over the strig again and they seem almost runnable as a group, battle ward can be run at 70 if your willing to cut into its defenses, leg whip can be 70 for two decently cheap melee, wind rider is sub 80 and the fact it has tailwind means it would be run even if it cost more than that. warlock is pricey but swarm is amazing and dark favor is nothing to sneeze at. Only one I really struggle with is the mage bane just seems to expensive for a squishy ranged unit without a lot of damage.

I guess there is also the whole why do you need to run them as a group thing also, they can get bravery on a couple of champs so there is that.

15. Furtive

Furtive New Member

Heh, I came to the forums... expecting some kind of uproar about some of the K'ento changes.... but it seems everyone is surprisingly very pleased (you must be copetative upper-rank players!). I am a recently returning player, (from pre-SOE), and I decided to go ST for my rebuild primary. My brother and I had been playing a lot and we both very much liked trying to make uber-K'ento in various cross-faction set-ups. She was unique in that she was the only unit in the game with riposte and arrow throw, just a really cool ST thing I thought, but I am not surprised that it was nerfed. We also liked the No'Kahn guide pre-nerf, but understand that adjustment very well. Many, many battlegroups to change now, but such is Pox. Just leave my mocking blow alone please! :)

16. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

sad. only x1 now

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Damage clause needs to be removed from K'ento already, silent contemplation should still be 8 nora though if compared to abilities like hold the line.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I disgaree, if they remove the damage clause it would need to go up in price. Sentinel is 6 nora. 8 - 6 = 2... You're paying 2 nora for +4 range. That's pretty cheap.

19. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

After playing with her, I rather like having regen on the new Ferren (as opposed to target champ). Regen is better stacked together IMO as well.

She is really solid (maybe too much so), but that might be because Invig needs a longer CD :/ Still, not on SP's level.

20. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I faced her as part of a Ferren/Goodstuff/NKD bg last night and was pretty impressed. She really helped to drive up the power level of the bg.