Mini-Patch Notes: December 18th, 2021 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Dec 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to the patch notes: Click me!
    Link to the spreadsheet: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Very biased against FW, and it's only going to get worse from what I've heard on ability reworks.

The upcoming champ reworks all miss the mark completely on all 3 runes for January.

Just as an example, there's about 4 runes that were affected from this change above in FW. And none of them were really good enough to play outside of their themes, and they weren't exactly tiered high.

Meanwhile, UD and IS getting stronger pummel, more hard to counter healing from empathy, reverie (which fw doesn't have ofc) deflect buffs (yay to any faction with a useable amp).

I'm all for the swap changes , but they adversely affect morgana more than any other swap unit I can think of, utterdark being close second, mainly because cd isnt relevant for things like emerald wing that just use it to bait an engage, morgana was using it for positioning.

Bad revisions.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

My thoughts (if not mentioned, I think fine or do not think it worthy of putting below):

Pounce- Not needed at all, individual tailoring would have made more sense

Swap- good call on cooldown, Nora increase not needed if increased cooldown though

Pummel/barrage- probably not needed, but maybe i’m jaded thinking of groble piledriver and sciean

Force barrier- very nice

Snow shroud- very nice, maybe make it 50% reduction to evasive and reflexes if 2 turn cooldown or potentially reduce cost. 2 turn cooldown probably needed though

In general, a cooldown increase from 2 to 3 or from 1 to 2 is more of a hit than it seems (that’s a 50% or 100% increase after all). Just something to keep in mind for double nerfs/buffs of cost and cooldown.

Overall, good job

4. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Disagree with pounce, it needed it imo because it goes through things like blind etc.

You should really weigh in on some of the upcoming ability cost changes. They are really scary.

Ballballer likes this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The only one I'm concerned about is the uproot cd reduction. Rooted gives some serious buffs, it should have an equally serious downside. I could maybe see it go from 8 to 6, but to 4cd seems problematic.

The rest of the changes seem really well considered.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I completely glossed over that. You are absolutely correct. In no world should uproot have a 4 turn cooldown.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Hey, I'll try to address all the points raised here.
    1. We tried individual changes to pounce, but every time a pounce champion was hit, another pounce champion had taken its place, thus the decision to hit the ability directly instead of murdering a champion after champion for it.

2. Normally I would agree, however I feel that Swap being so ridiculously cheap meant that it crowded any other upgrade options. The nora hike still keeps it cheap while being comparable to teleport rank 1 (which is also 6n, but far more expensive AP wise).

3. Pummel and Barrage were seen as garbage upgrades on nearly every champion that had it with a few minor exceptions, so the abilities were made cheaper to make them far more lucrative as an upgrade option instead of something you take only if you absolutely have to or have a combo to pair it up with.

4. No-brainer, it had it coming after the years of terror Aspect of Infinity brought to this world.

5. Cannot change the values it gives and its nora cost is already fairly low at 5 nora. In comparison reflexes 2 + evasive 2 is 12 nora.

6. Uproot is still going to be a significant cooldown - I lowered it primarily because it is not possible to take root anymore once you have uprooted. If we get the option to give take root back, it would go up to 6.

What are your thoughts on Revere: X changes, Book Burn and Fester/Brand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.