Mino BG Spells and Relics

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Styrwirld, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

So yes I have all Minos, I just dont know how to fill the spells and relic sections.

Any advice?

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Here is what I run atm (it fluctuates from time to time) 2 Maddening Echoes, 1 Mandate from Sheoul, 1 Purefire, 1 Retribution, 2 Sacrifice, 2 Dimension Door, 1 Mark of Sheoul, 2 Orb of Protection, 2 Tinderbox.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I suggest a price of victory in , mandate out... ( or mindslicer boomerang is good too)........ mandate is only really worth the cost on life siphon champs/or Leech vit. But thats just my opinion i guess

4. BansheeX

Pummeling a Hero with a Surprice Mandate has won me a ton of games

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Styrwirld

Banshee u use 5 relics in a single bg? is that viable? sorry im very noob.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I have a few BGs with 6-8 relics. It can work, but you have to know how to get the most from them.

7. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

2x orb is questionable , but personal preference i guess

8. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

What strikes me is the lack of Head of Osarius.

9. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Currently running this set: http://poxbase.com/deck/c60Ch3Ch1ch2ch4cjVCz2Ch0ca9cu1cqs8dsys4@s8fs7ds3os86sOsAs1lr3pr3TrAr20e2K

I only run 1x each because I like variety and every day I switch out a few spells, relics, and/or equips for new ones. I really recommend you to experiment with this, there are many hidden gems whose power is dependent on playstyle and bg set-up. These also present more of a surprise factor. Anymore, most players know what problem runes to expect from an opponent depending on their faction and can easily position/play around them. Good to use some lesser known runes that most players won't account for.

The only relic I ever run 2x is dimension door, which I recently took one out to try out head of osarius, though at this rate I'll be switching back since I don't really care for the head so far. Saying that, the autos are demolish, price of victory, orb of protection, purefire, mark of sheoul, sac, retri, and dimension door. All of my other spells, relics, and equips are wildcards. You may want to run 2x of some things, that's up to your own preference after playtesting your bg a few times.

I don't run maddening echoes since, frankly, most players that position in AoE 2 against UD aren't that skillful and are easy wins regardless. I run blast doors because of the aforementioned surprise factor and it is the easiest way to kill ghost/incorporeal units. It's the reason I've only lost once against a KF player, and most my matches have been against KF.

However, run what is comfortable for you and don't worry about losing a majority of matches while testing out any bg. Before finishing, I feel it worthfile to end with a few notes on bugs you may experience while playing minotaurs:

Blast Doors:
    -It will subtract 35 nora from your nora bank for every door that explodes. So 2 blast doors will end up costing 70 nora, etc. It procs that cost multiple times, and this is why I consider the spell a last ditch situation only against bgs that counter minotaurs.

Dimension Doors:
    -Minotaur Sentry will occasionally use 4 ap when transporting, almost like he's triggering teleport instead.
    -Your unit may go completely invisible, will still use the 2 ap, and will remain in the same spot it was before it failed to teleport. Once moving the unit or triggering an ability, it will become visible again.

The bug with blast doors is constant, the dimension doors bugs happen very rarely and I haven't figured out what types of situations cause them.

10. BansheeX

I stopped using it since I concider it stupidly OP.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Styrwirld

ty guys for all the comments

12. Styrwirld

Sorry for double post, but I have a doub about the Minotaur with phantom dash, does it worth it? or thunderhoof is better?

13. BansheeX

Both are good to be honest. I like Phantom Dash for its ability to get in peoples face. It supports the rush. Thunderhoof is cheap in nora though with a high Hp and good for taking on Shrines.

My champion lineup:
    2 Battlemage, 1 Culler, 2 Flame Cruscher, 2 Fury, 2 Insurgent, 2 Portalwalker, 2 Sentry, 1 Malandur, 2 Thunerhoof

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Styrwirld

ty guys so much!

15. gillo

Yet you run 2 Echoes :3

16. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

One-time spell that punishes bad positioning or rewards good play versus an underpriced relic that does as much damage as a comparably priced spell and far more besides. Yeah, it's not the same.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. gillo

I actually agree with you there, but no question maddening echoes is OP.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Positioning OP innit

19. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Mandate might be a better option with the revised pricing--Titan and (presumably) hero are a flat out nora reduction, so heroes might be more common.