Minotaur BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by RicardoNL, Mar 9, 2014.

1. RicardoNL

RicardoNL The King of Potatoes

Ok, i need some help on a minotaur themed BG. Thanks to the rune forge, I now have every mino champ (-malandur), but i don't know how to continue it. :(.

Could someone link me their minotaur bg?

2. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

My take on a minotaur bg.

Keep in mind I am not the best player when talking about minotaur.

Important notes:
    • Not a fan of minotaur insurgent. Crushing charge and combat awareness are awesome, but liability conflicts with a theme whose main appeal is next to all of the champions are melee. Personal preference, up to you.
    • I include the nefari messenger because drive and magic damage, which is a bit limited on the bg. However, as for AP generation goes, DE Summoner could be a fine substitute, and there are more options available for magic damage.
    • Not sure what is the dev's plan for the war banners. I would include a mindslicer obelisk because it does not disrupt how the bg operates for the most part, but it can wreck the opponent strategy, specially against themes that rely in range, like wizards.

allyorbase likes this.
  3. RicardoNL

RicardoNL The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the info. I'll test this build around and i'll come back with results. It looks promising, now I have to get my hands on malandur and the warbanner.
    I want to get grimlic up into the BG, is it worth it? (Just for the range. Also got the renovator up for extra range support.)

4. Neckcutter

Neckcutter New Member

5. Shimaru

If you include Grimlic, don't pack mindslicer obelisk, obviously.

I don't think Grimlic is a bad rune, is still a strong champion. My only concern would be his lack of synergy with the rest of the theme (no dimensional door, no regal presence if you manage to acquire a Malandur, etc), but is not a bad rune. Up to you, I wouldn't.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

A word of warning. Mindslicer Obelisk harms the Minotaur Culler even when its range is below 4. I also found it largely ineffective since many minotaurs has Absorb so double taps are rarely an issue.

Insurgent may be a Liability with LKiability, but Crushing Charge and Combat Awareness makes up for it imo. Perfect chanmpion to drive up damage with Echoes.

7. Shimaru

Huh, I would re-evaluate your employment of the word "many". There are 9 minotaur on the game, but only 2 have absorb (fury and flamecrusher), so is not even half of the total amount of champions. Then, IMO, fury is not as revelant or important as sentry, or battlemage, so isn't either like the majority of minotaur in play will have absorb. Is all about reinforcement, and phantom dash. Both require a friendly minotaur in play (preferably more than one for reinforcement) in order to take the maximum advantage, so I would have in play sentry, battlemage, heck, even culler or insurgent before considering deploying fury. If I already have flamecrusher, sentry (which imo is the most critical champion in the bg), and either battlemage or culler, by adding a fury, at best, half of champions in play will have absorb. And that's the best realistic scenario. More often than not, I will only have either flamecrusher or fury, but rarely, if ever both.

Now, I think we could agree orb of protection (which I include 2 on my original bg, but no mindslicer) is more relevant. It have synergy with flamecrusher and tinder box, and tinder box works fine as finisher and some healing.

As for the insurgent, I have no opinion. As I said, liability conflicts with the way I play the bg, as I don't include maddening echoes. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe. Still, is just a personal preference, which I clarified before. There is nothing wrong with including 2 insurgents. I don't like it, but that's me.

8. BansheeX

I recalled it as 3 (6 total) but may have been wrong.

9. bolthero11

bolthero11 New Member

10. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Im not the best expert on Minotuars but i played it for awhile. If you can afford it 2x Battlemages is a good option, also Prince Malandur is also a nice edition and plus he fits the theme and is still good. Maybe have 1-2x Thunderhoofs. Remember Mino's are usually a rush Bg but dont think cause thunderhoofs are old there not good, last I checked they can go hard especially if your opponent has more Nora fonts due to its encroached ability.

Just my take :)

11. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

2x blast doors seems too much to me, I'd rather have the second battlemage. With 2x insurgent you should test maddening echoes too. I don't like the boks as they are out of theme, but that is personal preference.

I would change at least one widow maker to tinder box. Tinder is great on the flamecrusher (+1 speed) and also on a battlemage as you can now have double aura.

Mandate of Sheoul on a gladiator is also funny + it can give a burst of healing.

12. BansheeX

The BG I use with Minos:

2 Battlemage
    2 Culler
    2 Flamecrucher
    2 Fury
    2 Gladiator
    2 Insurgent
    2 Sentry
    1 Malandur
    1 Thunderhoof

1 Demolish
    1 FR
    1 Maddening Echos
    1 Mandate
    1 Purefire
    1 Retribution
    1 Sacrifice

2 Dimension Door
    1 Warbanner
    2 Orb of Protection

2 Tinderbox

13. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Here's what I run for Minos: http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/Ch3Ch1Ch2Ch=Ch4Ch0cu1CqS6Gs4@s7Fs8fs86SAR3prAR20E2K

I don't like Insurgent or Blast Doors - I'd much rather double up on ThunderHoofs than run an Insurgent. Can't tell you how many times THoof has won me games with a last-ditch shrine rush even though the game looked like it was over.

Blast Doors are pretty situational, and destroy your own Doors... thought they were interesting at first, but they take up valuable slots you could use for more versatile spells.

allyorbase likes this.
  14. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

15. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

16. TheMr.Toast

TheMr.Toast The King of Potatoes

This isnt about the minos (although i did get a BG of them from this thanks) but SEPULCHER! haven't seen you on in ages! Also when you said about the THoofs shrine rushing i remember you doing it in one of your vids, large ST map, THoof + molten cloak :D so funny :D loved your vids dude.

allyorbase and Woffleet like this.
  17. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Hah, yeah I have been very inactive lately... I think this is my first post here in about two months. That was a good video, too - probably my favorite, actually.

TheMr.Toast likes this.