Mixed BG thread

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GabrielQ, May 30, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This a thread to discuss this build:
    mixed meta.png
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPctcgACkqc8Ocq-cpachYchnCjUcoHC5qsdS33smS46S5Bs3vrWr2ae1be2we1H

Is a bg focused on exploiting a variety of synergies and is slightly different than the usual FS meta deck.
    This is a bg I played successfully well into the limited league.

Modules:

Knockback/forced movement: we have the usual KB from the fs meta with salaman trappet and augur/privateer, but I augmented it including marsh warden (poison cloud trap + immune poison), revolting fentek (poison cloud trap, choking aura and repulsion) and undertow (and enablers) this increases the power of the main synergy a lot, as you have twice the traps and also two frontliners that can move freely through poison. Repulsion also makes impossible for your opponent to engage the augurs or trappers and seriously messing with his positioning.

Burst damage: in this bg you'll find the usual burst damage from FS meta to eliminate champions, mainly with pygmy hippo stampede, supported with mark from concealer, motivate and resurgence from both songmasters and the spell can also be used to trigger flanking on warden to get big amounts of bonus damage. Marsh warden with his 8 speed, arrowshot and flanking is a ideal champion to rush, as he will be able to reach fonts faster and soften other champions with arrowshot before klling them aided wth PHS. If he has to retreat, he can do it quickly and leaving traps behind. Another aspect of this is the circadian arcanist, with his incredible range and damage, and his signature ability, she'll always at advantage, and you can use her to exploit every vulnerability on the enemy, even those you can force him to have, a circadian arcanist can get attack poison, meaning that she will be able to take advantage of choking aura and amplify poison (30% max in this bg, almost as a bonus) to deal insane amounts of damage.

Stealth: stealth is very important in this bg, allowing for a lot of powerful plays, that's why the only concealer is upgraded cloak and it is important to target the nightfall well. The best target for the permanent stealth of nightfall is mnd shredder, that with his incredible damage output without activating abilities will be a pain to deal with by your opponents, cloack is used also as general ranged protection and using the control runes to force your opponents into dangerous situations. The last great utility of cloak is enabling the use of darkmarsh helm as a powerful equipment, as assasinate is extremely useful in current meta, precision + strike + double damage for only 4 ap if you manage to stealth your champion otherwise, this, combined with runes like augur or arcanist, that are ussually sitting around 20 damage means that you can take a good chunk of hp off silly runes like ToV fist of bastion, Kento, Menalaus and other ussually hard to deal with runes.

Control: This bg has a great amount of control options, manipulating the terrain and the enemy champions with high tide, repulsion, lockdown, slam, bounce, undertow, stealth and traps, this mean your opponent has to be extra conservative because you have great power to change board positon to trigger gibs or nullify champions. Abilities like lockdown and repulsion become much better when the champions with them are stealthed them, and your enemy cannot safely position himself unless he accumulate enough momentum to steamroll you or he can uncover the champions

Well, that would be it, overall, the bg is really nice and plays well, I kind of miss having the option of including a salaman commando but the damage output makes up for that. I always try to include a second concealer but I end coming back to this formation all the time.

Zoran88 likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If you want absolute meta, drop fentek, monsoon, helm, get privateer, sixul, 2nd arcanist, another concealer. Exsp Concealer. Too good to not 2x.

3. GabrielQ

Did you read what I wrote?

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Why does no one run huntsmaster anymore? That thing is amazingly efficient

5. Boozha

I know what you wrote. I just said what would be more successful. I, for example, love concealer + pinger, but the helm is so bad its more repulsive than that fentek. Stealth isn't too good in FS really.

6. GabrielQ

marsh troll is better in the efficiency side, he also allows for deploy + nora drain combo.
    How do I kill two fists of bastion with that proposed changes of yours? how do I output enough damage against something like a frostfall hydra? Why would that bouncer avoid engaging my augur?
    I know how to make a regular meta bg, and I run one also, and I'm telling you that this is as good as the other.
    Don't go thinking that you cannot make a bg that is different and be successful with it.

7. Boozha

Well, I run 2x drown just for bastion, because I Firking hate its guts. With tough 2 and RD and UV I'm not sure I'd take assassinate as a counter even at a more amicable range.

Damage output against hydra: poison, slam, cheerio.

Bouncer engaging: ... Eh, Drown I guess. If he uses hold the line repulsive won't work anymore anyway iirc?

Yeah, I didn't want to belittle you or anything. Just a few tips how things are working for me. Maybe I should swap some things in and out now and then, too ... though the meta is currently pretty much defined by crutches.

8. Ballballer

Hydra has unstoppable I thought?

9. Boozha

Oh, yeah, now I remember. Haven't played against ST in a while.

Well, there's still drown? :3

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I dont run huntmaster that much because you like to one turn the huntmaster and troll me with my own hippo.

11. Ballballer

yeah that was always fun hahahaha

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

lol im gonna run it again man i miss that lets play some matches later.

13. Ballballer

14. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Hmmm... I wouldn't do that against ST.

15. GabrielQ

As a note, arcanist assasinates with last adquired basic attack (rightmost one), always. This makes a bit more difficult to get vulnerability assasinations with fentek.

16. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

Thanks for that detailed account. I really appreciate people explaining their decks, otherwise just tend to make a best fit of meta seen of other players and it's often ineffective without the explanation. I do wish other people on the forums would take this as a sharing experience and read what you wrote rather than an opportunity to expunge their own ideas.