Mobilizaton Inquiry

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Jul 27, 2014.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

There are countless scenarios where 4 ap is the minimum needed to actually win a game, whether it be a double tap (FW's form of quickening) or getting a champ into a font. Yes. I do not advocate making it a 3 ap spell. I do not advocate making it a pseudo slipwater for undead. I sure as hell do not advocate making it a "reset attack chain" spell.
    I'm pissed at the devs more than anything. Trees are still a ***** and there's plenty of things out of balance... and they want to nerf mobi? Making it even more difficult for an FW player like myself to compete? When FW isn't as easy-mode as other things in the first place? I have a right to be pissed and I don't have to really defend that. They are punching me in the balls here. And I'm supposed to just take it. Firk that. It's not cool.
    But because I'm not a complete tool:

If it were 60 nora instead of 55 nora it's no skin off my nose. Any time I am ready to cast mobi, I have well over 55 nora. An additional 5 nora is totally fine, and I would jump for joy that it wasn't nerfed any worse than that.

Jumping to it being 45 nora for global 3 ap- I am not a fan of that idea. If that's what you guys decide on, fine. It wouldn't be the end of the world.

But the other suggestions make me legit want to throw tomatoes through the screen, into peoples faces.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Liked for the PreSchooler thing.

3. TeaScholar

Oh of course, lets just start calling each other names because that's totally the mature thing to do and is totally more applicable to this thread's content than an opinion that happened to have had cuss words in it.

And then posting about the name calling, associating in a mob rule development of hate towards one person for stating their opinion in a forum, and praising it. Totally productive.

You guys obviously are in a higher grade level than I am. I should just bend over and let you guys help the devs stick their nerf stick up our collective asses, clearly. I will remember that.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

well I could have said something like 'moan more, I find it pleasurable' but I decided to be clever instead.

5. TeaScholar

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

The thing is I'm getting a fair amount of push back even for 45 nora 3 ap.

If you want it to be 4 ap we're looking at it going into the 65 nora zone.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

"push back"?

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Is 2ap equivalent to 2 damage and flying? Iirc, db is 65 nora.

9. Ragic

just wait till a change actually happens, then all of those who had nothing to say in these threads will come out of the woodwork. some players might even make a forum account just to be mad at you. I don't envy your job.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  10. TeaScholar

You know what, if we can get 3 ap for 45 nora, that's fine. We'll just beast it. Everyone seems to be at a consensus so I'll waiver my pleas.

I was never the type of player to rely on a spell too much, I believe how the champs are used makes the most impact.

But for the love of whatever higher power you believe in, don't make it some weird hit and run gizmo thing, or reset attack chain. I pray that this doesn't happen. I apparently can't express the extent at which I want to say this without rubbing someone the wrong way so I've neutered my doggy. I will stop barking.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

What people were expecting of you was to find within yourself the ability to explain your dislike for certain things, or at least some of your very strong reactions. Instead, you replied in a way that is generally considered immature. It's not about expressing yourself louder to convince us (that sometimes works, but only if it's masses of people doing it), but about persuading us.
    Almost everyone on the forum actually "secretly" plays a sort of game. The rules are simple: you can do anything, within the rules imposed by the greens. Objective: persuade as many people as possible into agreeing with your views, so when Pox returns to a well balanced state, it will also be in a form that you like as much as possible. So you see, expressing yourself strongly but constructively helps achieve that objective, while yelling loudly and being immature/posting unconstructive things wastes your energy and lowers your reputation/influence or even gets you ignored. There you go, you've literally received the secret to "victory". Make the best of it.

12. yobanchi

Let's keep it civil in here ^_^ I fully expect to be lynched and that is fine with me I've come to accept it.

@darklord48
    I think that 60 - 65 nora would be fine for 4 ap but again that's a lot of nora for an admittedly strong effect. AP is very very powerful when used in large quantities. I feel more comfortable with it going to 45 nora 3 ap and no gimmicks to see how it goes.

If it is still overpowered we can look into something else.

I think it's good as it compares to execution order which is cheaper but requires hp but buffs damage.

Sirius likes this.
  13. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I'm curious as to why we're so adamant about it being kept as a general use spell. Granted, a couple of ideas are towards undead only, but most are for keeping the general utility.

Why does no one run Elsarin Night in zombies? Mobi is better
    Why bother with Witching Hour when you can just Mobi? (Yeah, we probably use both there)

My point is that it's a crutch so long as we let it be this powerful super tool for the faction at large.

Personally, I see zombies in the art, I say change it to ' zombies gain hit and run and manic for 3 turns' and cost it accordingly.

And at the same time, free the other faction's from leaning on their own crutches.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  14. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

45n all champs gain 2ap, blitz, hit and run for one turn.

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

No

TeaScholar and davre like this.
  16. TeaScholar

I never have the intention of persuading any of you. I just throw my rocks in the river as it flows.

btw nerf spirits.

17. Ragic

I don't have a problem with mobi being made theme specific other than the fact that it helps one theme while nerfing all the rest till they get something else.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  18. yobanchi

I could potentially see it as 50 nora 3 ap and all undead champions effected lose lumbering until end of turn.

There are so many options ^_^.

19. Ragic

zombies already have the fleshweaver

20. TeaScholar

Not only do they already have the fleshweaver, losing lumbering for one turn would be extraordinarily under-powered, and to make the fullest use out the spell if it worked that way it would cause the need to move champs who would already have lumbering, before casting the spell. Ehhh let me put it in an example:

Afflicted corpse has 6 speed, and currently has 10 ap. He needs to move 5 spaces and double tap an enemy champ to swarm.
    If he doesn't have lumbering, he can move 5 spaces, and then +3 ap would be a double tap.
    But because he does have lumbering, he needs to either move 2 spaces out of the 5 spaces he needs to cover, costing 4 ap, effectively not being able to double tap.
    Or he moves one space, costing 2 ap, and then you cast +3 ap, and then you've wasted 1 ap, effectively not being able to double tap.
    Either way, you're losing ap. I do not recommend making mobi theme oriented, but if it absolutely needs to be a theme spell, zombies already have elsarin night and fleshweaver. And in that respect if it is made theme oriented in general, I'd expect to see new spells come out that fill out the missing gaps that are made.

Edit:
    And if you have any mercy on my souls (i collect souls), if you're gonna go for it, then go for it-goforit. Don't half ass it into a hybrid spell that only really works efficiently in one theme, but is bland and overcosted for another theme. If you decide to make it theme oriented, go all the damn way with it. Like, oh idk. All spirits gain shadow shift permanently. Whatever appropriate amount of nora.
    Because let's just say mobi WAS turned into "3 ap and lose lumbering", for 50 nora, it's not really worth it in a lich bg, or what have you, to be spending nora on a spell that can't do half of its job. I'd say give the spell a job to do, stick with it, and scale it's power/cost accordingly. Or else I will rage again like an adult child.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Mercer Skye likes this.