Mobilizaton Inquiry

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

10 disease damage instead keep 45? I do agree that zombies don't really need another spell.

Another option could be 55 nora 4ap but global 10 loss of life on effected champs.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

avoid any kind of clauses I'd say.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

yeah, id prefer a spell to either be for a theme, or for the faction, not sure where disease dmg came from. you didn't like attack chain reset because it didn't fit the flavor of 'mobilization', how does disease dmg fit that flavor. 3 ap, 45 nora is not that bad, it will be run. its not as good as it is now, but then that's why they call it a nerf. and I would prefer a lesser effect to a higher cost because only certain decks/playstyles can absorb a higher cost. a lower cost benefits pretty much everyone. and I really don't think the difference between 4 ap and 3 ap is going to make or break a deck or cause mobi to be shoeboxed. if its no longer 2x in every deck, well that's what you want really.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yes exactly Ragic.

I'm more for 45 nora 3ap no clause because it lessens the impact of the spell and tempo. It's still a nerf but allows more breathing room for other spells/effects to be used.

it's still the most flexible and will be run. We'll see where this goes. That's all the feedback I need for now.

Lots of good ideas in here for future stuff though ^_^.

Sirius likes this.
  5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

The odd thing is I am actually kind of sad that it is keeping such a universal use. The downside of it being universally useful is it is likely to end up either being used often or rarely based on how efficient it turns out to be.

The advantage of some of the other choices is it might make it more useful in certain BGs, allowing it to be less efficient outside of them.

Not sure if this one has been suggested, but maybe a sort of ranged-based AP gen, since ranged units need to "march" less.

"Friendly units with a range of 1-2 or less gain 4AP, other friendly units gain 2AP"

Not a massive change, but it means you're more likely to include it in a melee focused BG and less likely the more ranged units you have. It just adds a little bit to think about whenever you add it to any BG. At the same time it serves the purpose of getting melee units in better without giving ranged units automatic double hits.

6. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

^ Please don't do that, it would essentially be execution order 2.0. Booo

7. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I think the more important issue is if this thread is in preparation of the spell revamp(I assume it is).

If so, my sincere hope is that we do all we can to relieve ourselves of general use utility spells. Which is why regardless of what becomes the popular choice, I oppose any that leave it some version of what it is now.

Make Mobi thematic, and buff our lesser used spells to fill in holes where they show up.

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Skeez march is +2 ap then +1 speed (equaling +1 ap) next round. It could have 3 turn direction and it wouldn't make any difference.

9. Ragic

general use spells serve the purpose of giving the faction some continuity and flavor, that's not a bad thing. I would like more theme oriented spells in addition to them though.

10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I can agree with that, but in Mobi's case, it's too much. When it's auto, that's bad. As most people are saying that at 45 for 3ap, they'd still likely cram it in everywhere.

Some general use spells are built well. Arguably, Anathema, Ancient's Protection, Wake the Dead and Doom among others are great gen-use spells, but aren't auto like Mobi.

I guess that's my line in the sand. Keep it a good spell, take away the auto status.

Sirius likes this.
  11. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

60 nora is way way too much of a tempo hit. Keep it as is but add that 10 disease damage to all friendly champs (keeps it from split abuse) and make the price 50 even. That is more than fair, considering protectorate can easily match our vast minority of ap gen.

12. Fikule

I don't know how good general spells are for the game. I mean, you don't have much space for spells in a BG, and a general spell is taking up 2 slots in most cases. Anything general in terms of spells really hinders your options simply by reducing the amount of space for them in a BG.

13. Ragic

a general use spell can still vary in efficiency depending on what the rest of your deck looks like. don't equate 'general use' with '2x auto'. to me, general use simply means that the spell isn't specifically tailored to a theme. Dark Rising is a general use spell even though it makes skeletons for example. You can run it any deck, but it really shines in a skeleton deck. For mobi, I would say it shines in a deck designed to put a lot of champs out like skeletons, or where the champs need help mobility wise, like zombies. but it can still find a spot in witches etc.. I don't see the problem with it except when its so good it acts like a best in slot rune and to run anything else is just gimping yourself.

and then of course you have decks that aren't a specific theme and so wont have a lot of theme specific spells as an option. the general use spells make those decks still worth playing.

TeaScholar and Sirius like this.
  14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I think Mobilization got ninja nerfed with +5 Nora in latest patch, bringing it to 60. This is turning into a familiar scenario.

15. Fikule

It was in the notes.

It's not ninja, just boring. And won't stop mobi either always being used or never being used.

edit: Tho I notice it isn't there now. So maybe it is ninja. I know I knew it was increased. o_O

16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Please do show me exactly where in the patch notes it is mentioned. I looked again and I can't see it. Maybe I'm missing it due to being tired.

EDIT: ah, you edited. lol.

17. Fikule

Yeah, I was sure I'd seen it in there. Maybe Yobanchi mentioned it instead. All I recall is the severe disappointment. :p

18. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

It definitely was yob that mentioned it. I'm getting a little frustrated with all these subtle FW nerfs. Mobi went from 45 to 50 to 55 to 60... that's just stupid. And also, why nerf one of the weaker faction options at the moment when a very slight tweak to certain things would do wonders, such as our hero squad. Why nerf FW even more while KF, ST, FS, and IS run around hardly scathed? Frustration is starting to settle in, fellas.

TeaScholar likes this.
  19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Mobi went from common to rare, then 45 to 50 to 55 to 60

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Problem is that while you have cool headed, good players like Yoba there, you also have people using the council for particular buffs to things, disregarding every notion of balance that should be driving them.
    Its astonishing, really, and its not something I aprove.

BroWatchThis likes this.