Moga King

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kristian Skjold, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Name: Moga King
    Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Race: Moga
    Class: Warrior
    Size: 2x2
    Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: Old, gray/white moga with a great beard. It's standing infront of a rallying herd of Mogas. Including Dirge who is raising his axe into the air. 3 Dwarves is retreating in the background.
    Text "Mogas! It's time to banish the G'hern from our peak! This land belongs to us!" Moga king
    Nora Cost: 95
    Champion Stats:
    Damage: 14
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1-2
    Defense: 2
    Health: 52

Champion Abilities:
    Attack: Psychical
    The Free Moga. ( when this champion comes into play, all friendly Mogas in play looses G'hernbound. This effect wont leave play after champion is destroyed)
    Unique
    Collosal
    Hero
    Grant: Bodyguard (only useable on Mogas)
    Cast: Suicidal Attack
    Opposing viewpoints (This champion may not be played in a battlegroup if the battlegroup is containing G'hern units)

Champion Upgrades:
    Deflect: Sonic
    Horrific Howl
    Equip: Mammoth Club
    Shielded

What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    - First of all, he should be used in a full Moga BG.. without G'herns.. This champ would prevent the use of Scarecrow, Ghern helm and even Dirge if u wish that.

Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    - As i can see, Mogas dont really got any real tanks.. and thats what i wanted to see change. If you're gonna get a tank for the theme you're gonna rely on G'hern.

How is this rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    - He's different in that way that he is a moga thats supposed to be supported by G'herns.. but he doesnt. He brings the ability "The Free Mogas" which makes all the mogas loose Ghernbound so they're useable without the ghern to command around with em.

How is the Rune Competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    - I dont think theres a single person who wouldnt play this guy in a Moga build. It got the survivability that other Mogas dont have + supports that havnt seen before.

What makes this Rune unique and fun to use??
    - The thing that makes this unique is that it is a LARGE unit.. All other mogas are these small little creatures exept the "Teams" which is 3 mogas combined ofcourse. He'll be fun because of the "bodyguard" ability which is kinda cool if i should say it myself.. Mogas, stupid enough to die for their king.. Thats such a beautiful thing! :D

EDITTED to support Full Moga BGS instead of G'herns

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    DeepClaws likes this.
  2. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mogas can't be kings. They're kinda enslaved :p

3. Kristian Skjold

Not exactly true :p
    - If you go read the text to "Dirge, Moga Lord" they should work without g'herns ^^

I was thinking this "The old Moga king from 'The Cyclops Empire' returned to take back his people." Stuff like that. ^^

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dirge the Moga Lord was an outlier. I think it's because he's a veteran which is rare for any moga being so expendable (see Battle Hardened on his ability list). I'm not against the idea, but I'm kinda doubting the rank of moga in any empire. Unless they devolved alot :p

5. Kristian Skjold

Hmm well i see ur point. But still. i wouldnt close the idea because of THAT! :p haha.
    + It would be fun to see a All around Moga bg.. Scarecrow, ghern helm. Maybe they would be compettive then. :)
    And by the way.. maybe some things should be changed! ^^

6. Kristian Skjold

7. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

How 'bout Ancient Moga? HAHAHA.

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

he lacks Pawn. . . . .he's the king for gods sake!!

Kristian Skjold likes this.
  9. Kristian Skjold

Well i gotta admit.. u do got a point.. sad thing is that i HATE Pawn.. but it would fit.. i'd admit that. :)

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd give him something like he can't be used with g'hern, otherwise there are some negative consequences

11. Kristian Skjold

That is a valid option. Would help making full mogas bgs useable.
    - Which i actually always found interresting

12. SavageFang

SavageFang Well-Known Member

Moga Lord's Guard Text: Because of his reputation as the leader of the free Moga tribes, Dirge needs bodyguards. His guard consists of heavily-armored Moga, each carrying a large shield. They are quick, able to react to possible threats in an instant.

So there are "free" Moga

Kristian Skjold likes this.
  13. Kristian Skjold

i LOVE you for telling me that one!
    - Thanks for notifying me bout this one! :)

14. Kristian Skjold

Editted to support Full Moga bgs

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

How about...

The Free Moga. ( when this champion comes into play, all friendly Mogas in play and all friendly Moga champions deployed while this unit is in play lose G'hernbound. This effect wont leave play after champion is destroyed)

also opposing viewpoints needs a new name considering the ability already has an effect (Menalaus and Grimlic of K'thir have opposing viewpoints and refuse to co-operate <they may not be part of the same battlegroup>.)

16. Kristian Skjold

That was actually the same that i wanted. lol :p Sorry for my english.. it's my second language.
    I am aware of the "Opposing viewpoints" is just for Menalaus & Grimlic, it was just to show a simmilar effect for the G'hern & Moga king. :)

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Love this champ :)

18. Kristian Skjold

Hear you saying that, makes me very happy :)

19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Your description still mentions that he can support G'hern/Moga decks despite the fact that Opposing Viewpoints prevents this. Also, if this was implemented into the game, it would have to be Opposing Viewpoints: G'hern to differentiate from Opposing Viewpoints: Menalaus/Grimlic. Can't have same name for two completely different abilities.

20. Kristian Skjold

Thank you for pointing this out.. i'll make some changes real quick.
    - The "Opposing viewpoints" have been mentioned a few posts back. where i'd explain it should be a simillar ability that prevents G'hern and moga king to be played in the same battlegroup :)