Moga Leet - Trains Pups, AoE Support

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Mar 21, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Moga Leet
    Shattered Peaks

Race: Moga
    Flavor: When it comes to training Moga, "Elite" is a relative term.
    Visual: A hooded, female moga with a crude shortbow and an uncommon air of overweening confidence. A group of curious moga youth fill in around her, intent as she steadies her bow in preparation to strike down a nearby bee's nest.

Gist: It's a racial synergy Moga. Buff nearby allies and turn pups into other units. One offensive, one stealth, and two defensive upgrades give her a lot of versatility. With Combat Awareness and (limited) Stealth, she will be really hard to kill, by any standards -- let alone for a Moga. She doesn't do a lot of damage on her own, but her Training ability makes good use of some lesser used runes in the Mogas' arsenal.

Class: Ranger, Rogue

DMG: 9
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 1
    RNG: 2-4
    HP: 42

Cost: 60-65

Attack: Arrow
    Combat Awareness
    G'hernbound
    Hidden: Rock
    Leet Moag Training (AP: 2, CD: 2)
    Target non-illusion Moga Pup within 5 spaces is removed from play and a Moga Crossbowman, Moga Axeman, or Moga Shieldman, with full HP and 5 AP, is spawned in its place. If the Pup was summoned, the resulting unit is summoned, instead of spawned.
    Star Pupils (Passive)
    When this champion is deployed from the runedock, two Moga Pups are summoned adjacent to it.

Upgrades:
    Command: Block
    Hidden: Vegetation
    Mark
    Shroud

The why's:
    SWARM THEM!! I like the idea of popping a somewhat insignificant unit from an entirely insignificant unit every other round. I feel like this could be not only entertaining, but also extremely powerful with the right BG. Moga already have a lot of synergy, true, but many of the older runes have fallen out of favor -- in particular, units that spawn Pups. Something like this may justify their return and I am all for reviving old stuff without relying on big buffs.

Obviously, Moga already have a TON of synergy, as I said, but training Pups is where I started, here; the rest of the rune was built around that core concept. I would be more than happy to receive and implement suggestions from those with solid Moga experience.

I removed Combat Awareness, increased HP, and increased cost.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

I really want to see an ability like Leet Moga Training come to life. Maybe it could be added to g'hern taskmaster as a buff.
    The champs itself it pretty dang op. Too much goodstuff for 55 nora.
    And Mika should be the only female moga, the rest are dying giving birth to moga pups.

3. allyorbase

The idea is, as a female Moga, you have two available lives: you are born to breed, or you are born to someone important -- a legendary Moga warrior, for instance. Those Moga, the important females, are free to... not breed. Instead, they hone their talents: Fesh charming, training pups, etc. etc. I don't think there should only be one female Moga... it begs more questions than it answers.

As for cost vs. power: I had it at 60 before second-guessing myself. I thought it was too high. Was I wrong? Is 60 still stupidly low?

4. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like this idea. If its 65 nora I think unique could be removed. Still a tough deploy to consider tbh if you consider spending 65 nora on her. She'd fit in perfectly and balanced.

5. allyorbase

Unique was to balance her pets. For now, you pay 65 for the unit, plus one upgraded pup (the following round) and a regular pup. I see your point, though... in Moga, 65 nora is a lot to spend on a single unit who doesn't have Overseer. Deploying two back-to-back just for a few extra pups and Axemen, etc. isn't exactly ZOMG.

6. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

I would like to see this champion in a Boom Bg...
    - this guy + 3x G'hern thrower (2x clay forms), 2x boom vendors, 2x Suicidal attack.. + totem of muses

Just make him create instead of summon! ^^

7. allyorbase

Reworked the Training ability to check for summon/real.

Kristian Skjold likes this.