More Web plz: Part II - Post Revamp

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Authyrtyr, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

So I've mentioned in the General Discussion board that I think we should move the UD Spiders to be their own race, Spider, remove CnC and make them a theme built more around web than they are now. I thought I'd put in more exact suggestions here since this is really the board for those kinds of specific suggestions. Basically all I'm doing here is replacing all instances of CnC with web related abilities so I'm just going to list the exact changes to save some typing.

Albino Katipo
    Upgrade Path 2:
    Confuse Attacker
    Domain: Web

Bloodletter:
    Upgrade Path 1:
    Precision
    Strike

Broodmother:
    Remove CnC from Base
    Add Tunnel Web: 2 to Base
    Surge: Arthropod 1 & 2 to Surge: Spider 1 & 2

Cinderpede:
    He's not really a member of this race, leave him an arthropod

Demonbarb Spider:
    I actually think he's about right

Hell Tick:
    I say leave this one out of the spider theme, he's a tick not a spider

Kl'zik:
    Remove CnC from Base
    Add Domain: Web to Base
    Surge: Arthropod 2 to Surge: Spider 2

Lavaflow Devourer:
    I don't know what he is but it isn't a spider

Nightfall Spider:
    Remove CnC from Upgrade Path 2.
    Add Hidden: Web to Upgrade Path 1.
    Or just replace CnC with Hidden: Web if you want to force a choice between Hidden and Shadowshift, maybe that combination is too good.

Phase Spider:
    Replace CnC with Domain: Web
    Some more thoughts

Rust Demon:
    I love him and all but that's totally not a spider, take off CnC and maybe add something in to keep his Nora cost in the same range.

Scorpic:
    The devs have already acknowledged that he's not a spider and didn't even give him CnC. Oh, and "update scorpic's sprite" for president.

Soulcrawler:
    Remove CnC from Upgrades
    Upgrade Path 1:
    Massive Leap 2
    Webstrike (when you hit with a basic attack the space the target was on and all adjacent spaces become web)

Trap Spider:
    Replace CnC with Tunnel Web: 3

Weaver:
    Replace CnC with Grant: Weave Web
    Change Spider Frenzy's text to: All friendly Spiders occupying web terrain gain 4 AP and a rank of Multiattack until end of turn(AP: 4 CD: 4)

Flameweb Spider:
    Upgrade Path 2:
    Domain: Web
    Weave Web
    Flame Web
    On Base:
    Remove Flame Web
    Remove Immunity: Fire
    Add Combust Web (Target Web Space and Web spaces connected contiguously lose all terrain modifications and all non-Spider champions occupying those spaces take 10 fire damage and are Charred 4. (AP: 4, CD: 0))

Void Spider:
    Change the Reflection Line to be an Evasive Line
    Swap CnC for Domain: Web

Apart from champions:
    Mass Web
    50 Nora

AOE 5: Affected spaces become web for 6 turns. Opposing champions take 2 physical damage for each friendly spider in the affected area.

Arthropod Frenzy renamed to Spider Ambush, text changes "Arthropod" to "Spider"

Widowmaker:
    Equipment for 30 nora

Equipped champion gains Race: Spider and Domain: Web. If it's already a Spider then it gains Webstrike.

Now, I'd also like to submit suggestions for completely new runes.

Trapped in Web (Spell)
    30 Nora

Target non-Spider champion occupying Web terrain takes 5 physical damage, loses all AP and becomes Distracted 2.

Kl'zik's Broodguard (Champion)
    Rarity: Rare, Size: Large
    Flavor Text: "Should those fools from above think to get creative in how they stop my horde they will find a new obstacle" - Kl'zik
    Artwork: Big spider-centaur (see Kl'zik) bearing a shield made of a large spider carapace and a spear whose blade is made of spider fangs.

Stats:
    DMG: 5, SPD: 5, RNG: 1, DEF: 2, HP: 48

Abilities:
    Attack - Physical
    Broodguard - All damage dealt to friendly Egg Sacs within 8 spaces is prevented
    Bulwark: Spider

Upgrade Path 1:
    Tough 2
    Scale Armor
    Vigilance

Upgrade Path 2:
    Spellsurge: Protect the Nest
    Relic Guardian
    Relocate Relic

I updated some of the ideas. I tried to move away from lots of Web generation and more towards taking advantage of your web. @Raileks had some cool ideas for spiders, the most interesting one to me and the most relevant to this thread is Hunter: Ensnared. I think that that could be a cool ability to sprinkle on some Spiders for some added synergy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Gnomes and Woffleet like this.
  2. Authyrtyr

Updated the ideas. Regardless of the Web aspect, I'm of the opinion that the Broodguard champion would be very important for this theme so that it has a chance to stop early game rushes.

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i feel like the web idea is cool, but removing cnc would severely hurt the spiders damage. also i feel slags already took the idea of terrain modification. but i like the idea of the broodguard woop woop

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Brood guard takes damage instead of eggs probably would be a lil more balanced.

5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Like the idea. But making a new race for them is not right. They have flavor in UD and for me, what we need , is more KF spiders (we allready have one) or SL arthropods, I would love to see/use splits spiders with increased mobility (KF) or durability (SL).

6. Authyrtyr

To me the main problem is that I don't know why a crab from SL can walk over web without any problems.

7. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

this does sound interesting, i don't like the idea of spiders losing multi attack but replacing that with more web based abilities would be pretty sweet.

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Huum, make sense... I don't know, well, I think I just want a Artrhopod/Insect theme to play XD

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you know what cool idea web veil
    we veil gove it too k'lizik, broodqueen and weaver
    also
    web generator - champion within 4 spaces have web font

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Omg the lockdown on all nonflying champs would be cray

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So, i was thinking of this idea, and started to like it more and more! i also think spiders would be really cool with a new passive instead of cnc but here were some of my ideas.

1. New passive for spiders which i think Authyrtyr has about right except scorpic i would leave a spider because he is an arachnid. and the passive would be something along the lines: Webbed home or Webbed demise
    and it would give all spiders domain web and web strike (maybe also trail Web but i was thinking that would be better on just a few champs) at about 4-5 spiders. Spiders would effectively be getting 6 dmg with ud bonus and domain but they would be loosing multi attack so i think its justified.

2. I would then change spider frenzy to actually lower the come back turn of cocoon by one turn, so they come on your turn. and its cooldown by one so 2 instead of 3. spider frenzy would also then allow you to cocoon a enemy unit and they would not gain the benefits. so that you could lock down a opposing champ for a turn but also not attack him yourself.

3. I was then also thinking of a support unit that has another passive like spider frenzy that gives all spiders hit and run. which again would bolster the idea of spiders being a hit and run guerrilla warfare mass spider type theme

4. A new rare spider could then have cocoon and grappling attack like the exo-griffin champ.

5. A new shadow spawned relic, that once triggered, makes and AOE 2 of webbed terrain and the champs inside get cocooned.

6. and of course like authyrtyr said, champs would get on varying levels ---> domain webbed, hidden webbed, tunnel webbed trail web, web font, grappling attack, hit and run...ect

7. Also im nost sure if the "Webbed Demise" passive would/should give Mountaineer or not.

(if i think of more spider ideas ill post em up here)

so what do you think @Authyrtyr @Senshu

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

can we move this too UD forum for like a week so we get more input? @Senshu

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Those are incredible suggestions, for you to be willing to give up on unbalanced CnC shows a lot of love for the games balance.
    Much respect, I approve of this thread!

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The original poster would need to request it to be moved.

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Ok, thank you for the quick reply. i guess now we wait for @Authyrtyr

16. Authyrtyr

That sounds fine to me. So many months later I think it does make more sense in the UD forum. I'm glad to see some people agree with me. I just think that CnC is such a boring thematic ability. Sure it's powerful but I've always been more of a timmy and less of a spike anyways.

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Awesome! what do you think of my suggestions to the spiders authy?

18. Authyrtyr

I like most of it except the spider frenzy suggestion. Doesn't seem very frenzy oriented. If I had to throw out an idea right now for spider frenzy I'd say either a AoE mobilization for spiders or maybe something that relocates the 4 nearest spiders adjacent to a targetted enemy champ.

19. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I guess you're right there, and spiders(like all of UD) do often need a way to gap close onto those pesky ranged of kf for example. but i still like the idea of cocoon, seeing as it is very spider like -- and it would be another way too allow you to stop the seiges because if they just sit there and u just sit their at the very least you will be getting all your champs to be quite super from the cocoons. or you could rush your champs in, and cocoon a few of them once you get thier so they cant all just beat up your champs.

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Cool, the thread has been moved. Let me know when or if you want it to be moved back.