Most overcosted rune in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Compost, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Is Jakaei soul painter. its like clay form, except with a champion tacked on to hike it up to cost 100+ when it does literally the exact same thing. What are you supposed to do, just use him as a normal range 3-4 8 damage psychic attacker? Yea that's what you need. a 3-4 range 8 damage 100 nora dude.

Runners up:

Deep elf manslayer. Warcharged works on skeezik warguard; with block and dodge making it very hard to whittle away his lives, he fills the cheap grunt role quite well. But Manslayer cost like 84 nora and dies immediatley. 84 nora for an unhealable melee beater in UD. I've literally never seen her used in a pvp game.

millenial ice quake. You know, my first thought when I saw it was try to make an immunity physical deck to work with it, but then I saw it costs 100 nora. Even if you had a whole rune dock of physical immune champs, would you run this? Is 20 physical damage really worth that? I should take this into singe player just to see what the sound effect/animation is.

2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Deep Elf Manslayer used to be awesome. Not so great anymore, but it was run a lot when it first came out.

Millenial Icequake has had several trick decks built around it so it's been nerfed pretty hard. Another rune that used to be pretty good.

3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Fun thing. I actually built an immunity IS split, combined it with strip armor (so the combo is even more expensive), was playing really economically with nora and tried to save this 235, while I was spreading out my units on all fonts. they were lasting for incredibly long time due to their tankiness, equip I sometimes used, which was chainmail or something that gave them def and scale armor or something like that and immunity physical that was a problem for a lot of players. The combo cleared the board for me (i even remember backfiring my strip armor once, that's why I had two) and I had most of the fonts. Opponent would usually surrender then or try fighting while icestorm is on cd. That's why I still had double gale force to nkock people to my units. I don't know why I'm saying this, but yeah the spell was a 'bit' too expensive I feel like. maybe 10-15 nora max ;d.
    My win rate dropped as hell, but I,ve never had so much fun and it was a good lesson on macro strategy.

4. Compost

Heh I think it'd be better if the spell did frost damage, then you could amp it and there are more champs with frost immune/eater. Maybe then it'd be good. In that one specific trick deck lol.

5. Compost

Did it always have warguard?

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yep, even when it was called Long Knife Adept

Fentum and IMAGIRL like this.
  7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Millennial Icequake.

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

[​IMG]

Gnomes and Pixyrus like this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Black Ops is just that bad.

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Crystalis has got to be up there in the ranks.

Goyo likes this.
  11. davre

Those protectorate helms from nora surge. 45 nora for an ultra-low impact ability and a small stat buff if your game lasts longer than 20min.

12. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

@davre How do you protect your units from icequake besides righteous shield? My spellset looked exactly the same, but I didn't have so much nora gen (maybe my bad) and I used Bane Shift like earth golem and animated armor (that usually screw my first turn deploys, but it doesn't matter). + what is the champion left to the geomancers?
    And one of the most overcosted runes definitely has to be moga spellsnare and undead magister.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Carrionling

Netherzen likes this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The best games.

Elves Rule and IronStylus like this.
  15. davre

@IronStylus nexus aura is the key spell you are overlooking. It distributes each instance of the spell over however many champions are in the aura, even to impervious champions (who take no damage) and resistance champions (who take less damage) + we have a bit of the IS bonus on top. Keeper of Memories is also really important to have out when you're ready to icequake: the critical moment tends to be right after the icequake, when you have to take back fonts from your opponent and collect nora globes. If you can't maintain an advantage right after, you've still lost the game, and KoM helps you immediately recoup the nora losses from the board clear while denying your opponent any they might have saved up.

16. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Really WE needs see stealths champions and nora Bank of enemy again. Was bad the change to black Ops, ONLY SEE HIS ARTWORK.