Mounted Kinsman

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gaedel, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Is he too expensive now for what he brings? What upgrades would you use? What role would you use him in now?

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I don't think I would ever use that unit to be honest.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

C2A and command dodge, I think its great. Dont forget its a beast.

C2A, Boost, and Banner all synergize with team.

Tarth likes this.
  4. Gaedel

91 nora. But he respawns. I'll check it out.

5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hes a tempo hit but fairly cost efficient especially with boost out.

Thbigchief likes this.
  6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Powercreep and frankly the game's efficiency meta has always played havoc with back loaded mechanics. I think the devs have commented on this several times as well. Rider's/team/etc abilities have always been "efficient" by the numbers but it doesn't translate well into real time game due to tempo and "perception".

- People say "90ish" nora is crazy for that champ... but 2 champs one for 50 and the second for 40 that spawns right into battle is very useful. The problem is 2 separate champs would get 2 separate options and it doesn't give the same presence as 2 different champs would. So its a puzzle I dont know how to fix. I know when I deploy him, he's gonna be worth it...but it still never feels right and I feel Im behind for a turn despite knowing I got a "good deal".

7. Zythraak

^That's exactly it.

8. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

At least he doesn't respawn at the back of your font or shrine *cough* Dark Knight *cough*

9. Zythraak

At least dark knight gets stronger, not weaker. ;)

10. Tarth

Im really enjoying him in combination with 1-2 guardians. Call to arms stacks up fast. If Zedin would get it over intimidation it would be a really nice mechanic to build around for the human race. Throw in 1 more battle leader champ post battle leader price change and those 2 mechanics go a long way to making the kill/die mechanics work.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Having any champ in your deck over 84 nora should cause alot of thought. Know how and when to deploy an expensive champ is crucial.

12. Gaedel

Too much strategy for this strategy game, though. I thought we wanted simple. Give him Immortal!

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

79 nora with Multiatk 2 on base

14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

basically a 12 nora reduction, considering it's a beast also, he can get 11 hp on each form, so it's 122 hp for 79 nora with almost no tempo hit, as yo have only to pay upfront, there is no condition or respawning mechanic.

15. Tarth

yea, he didnt need a huge buff or any buff....now the plains savage is even more worthless.