Music is Awesome

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BroWatchThis, Aug 7, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Being a songwriter and in a band, which I try to pursue in my spare time when I'm not working 12 hour days 6 days a week, music is a huge part of my life. I have a fairly wide taste but cannot stand the likes of country, pop, and about 90% of rap.

Currently I've gotten back into Nu Metal. Been wearing out the latest Memphis May Fire album "No Ordinary Love" while I've been working. This and Of Mice & Men's "The Flood".

What do you guys like to listen to while your Poxxing, in your spare time, or while driving?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Nope. I'm posting in it now. Music is awesome. I do system design for an Audio/Video company and carry some incredible product lines, so an appreciation of audio is a must in my line of work. Alot of my friends are musicians, in bands, or have a general love for live music. Being in the live music capital of the world (austin, tx) doesn't hurt much either, so I have an excellent exposure to many live performances. I can almost pick any night of the week, any genre and go find somewhere with a live performance. (I love austin)

As far as what I listen to while poxing? It is primarily electric dance music, sub genres tend to be electro house or vocal trance (di.fm). But my music tastes range from "You have to hear this" to "please don't judge me" and is not strictly limited to the EDM scene, as much as I love it.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  3. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

FINE THEN!! I edited the OP a little heheh.

4. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Synthpop is my go-to, from 80s stuff like New Order or Depeche Mode, to new synth such as Echoing Green or Rupesh Cartel. Other times I jam to Type O Negative.

RIP Peter Steele

BroWatchThis likes this.
  5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Devin Townsend.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Something touched me deep inside the day the music died

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Speaking about being touched deep inside. No ****.

Alkioneus likes this.
  8. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I've never been a fan of nu-metal, too generic. Recently, however, I've been fond of things, that nu-metal/metalcore spawned. Last albums of After the Burial and Born of Osiris come to mind.

As far as my musical taste goes, it's: Allegaeon, Be'lakor, Kataklysm and Gojira. I love Bloodshot Dawn - that's one of the bands, I am holding very high. Basically, mix of melody and bruality with a touch of progressive thinking and "fresh" attitude towards music.

BroWatchThis likes this.