My Dwarf BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by EnigmaXIII, Jul 4, 2014.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pretty good BG.

I'd drop the weaponsmith, militia earthshaker, disarm.

I'm guessing you don't have a banner. If you do use it.

If not add a Silv Tink 1 or 2, bane blast, hammer strike, tax manual.

You can see I've recommended more AP Gen and surprise spot damage.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think it lacks some focus, why don't you try to go for a specific synergy and then go for there? you seem to have a lot of provision, but not enough carouse for example

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hopefully when the IS nerfs and changes go through you'll have more carousel options.

5. EnigmaXIII

Yeah im not sure if you guys read through ALL of the IS changes, but weaponsmith for example is a lot more viable for dmg output, although your right, although he might be good alone idk why hes in MY bg. And there are no carousel options xD. Im struggling to find focus, i just like a bunch of runes and threw them together, any recommendations?

6. GabrielQ

7. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

2x attendant squire auto in since its probably best is rune atm
    2x dwarven sergeant

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No and not necessarily

9. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  10. EnigmaXIII

Wow thanks for all the advice :). I should mention im a returning poxer with a lack of runes, so dont recommend any legs or limiteds, or really even exos, although i do own 1 brew master :).
    Super cool bg, but i have none of those runes! This may be a stupid question, but are tinkerer and handler runnable outside of constructs xD?

This looks great too! again im missing many runes, but other than medic that looks really fun :)

11. EnigmaXIII

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys i really appreciate it, even if i get the runes to make my bg, ill try to make a variation of yours asap too, they look fun :)

12. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I changed what I made, I forgot battle matron has the same abilities as medic and had completely forgotten about dwarven roughneck. New suggestion has been edited in my former post :)

13. EnigmaXIII

haha not it looks a lot like my bg xD

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I'm going to run x2 hoplite and x2 handler with x2 axeman and at least 1 squire. Phlanx goes back. I still hope in a buff of defender

Edit: i forget to mention militoa, for a great.phalanx! And that's because enduring aura stacks

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  15. EnigmaXIII

enlightened + tactical manuel on militia. just take that in

16. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Please critique my dwarf battlegroup:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8QCw9cq...fgc8Ys5Xs5Zsls4Gs7Hs6Ms4-s2dr1urYe1ue1@e1Be3i

This is an equipment-heavy bg. Armory reveals all equipment and brings the cost down 40%. Axeman's Fate (price with Armory reduced to 15 nora) on Master Axeman = 70 HP and 13 base damage. Shroud of Al'Mara (18 nora) for Medic to give him more healing options. I like Providence (21 nora) on one of the Brubaker Brothers, who have Hold the Line for Barricade. Tactical Manual (15 nora) for more damage. So for the 25 nora Armor brings the cost of the equipment down 46 nora for a 21 nora savings.

I have Divine Favor 3 and Haste on EP.
    Turret Team and GSF for more things for Silverclan Tinkerer to Tinker around with.
    Nightwatch for harrassment, just to keep them honest.
    I could replace the Dwarven Magister for another TT, SS, Tink or even a Dwarven Engineer to bring forth more meat.
    I like Brubaker Brothers, but need to be patient to make sure they are both together. But together they are pretty darn good, especially with Providence on one of them.

17. GabrielQ

I wouldn't run hold the line on the brubakers, that makes them too expensive IMO.
    Also, I choosed mystic forge over running equipments because there are too many units that would benefit a lot from a heavy crossbow and you can shatter sunder axes and call fates and it ends up being cheaper, and you have free mason going around.
    To play armory, I would run 2x tactical manual and 2x forge hammer with long range champions like scarlet wing to take advantage of it and I would choose agents to harass

18. EnigmaXIII

If you wanna make it equipment heavy, tryout ironfist collector, he has provision and equipment boon now, in a bg with a lot of carouse, easily gets +5 dmg at least, making him pretty good considering he has stealth, and relocate relic as well.

19. EnigmaXIII

By the way, what upgrade should i take for sharpshooter? he can cost all the way from 70-84 nora, and i see the benefit of both. Also, what are some good relics to run other than earthshaker?

20. GabrielQ

I would max out farshot and minimize piercing to keep the cost down, I think you'll get the most of him that way and it will be easier to play also, as you won't have problems in keeping him near the sergeant or other buffers.
    Good relic to run other than earthshaker is guard tower, combined with collector is a portable battlemaster and detection spot, and is great if you are running forge hammers also

Edit: also mystic forge grants good things if you are running engineers and other passive units and/or master axemans