My KF/ST Split Wizard BG :) Please Help

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 26, 2014.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

If you want to use Argol, I suggest splitting him with his intended factions (FS/ST). Maybe a frost amp or a psychic amp deck? Savage Tundra does seem to have quite a bit of champions with Attack: Psychic (Lonx Channeler, Jakei Mindstriker, and Leoss Magnate are all good). Or maybe try frost amp with ST/FW since Forsaken Wastes have a few good champions with Attack: Frost and other ST related abilities (Frostvein Witch, Hoarfrost Dragon/Lich, and Whisperghast). But if your really set on a K'thir split, then it might be a good idea to post your budget. ;)

3. EnigmaXIII

Lol yeah im sticking with KF, the bg is not meant to be centered around argol, its centered around wizards, he just happens to be the best split hero for that, zeven is not nearly as good. Currently all my wizards get +15hp, return 10 nora and have spell resistance and magic nova 3. Elementals get something similar just without the resistance and nova from throne.

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

You only really need 1 Throne of the Circle. You don't have enough magic damage to need it for the amp. I might even recommend going FF KF, you'll get Menelaus out of it.

5. EnigmaXIII

Im not just trying to make a good bg, im trying to make a good KF/ST Wizard split, i have plenty of other bgs that could probably beat this lol, so going FF anything is not my interest. I want advice to make THIS bg better, not advice on which bg will win me games. The second throne i run if the first 1 is destroyed and to give me a better chance to draw it.. i might even use it to contest a font or keep my far fonts safe. I have very much considered dropping it for a cleansing emerald however im not sure yet.. this is the current iteration of the bg im running:

http://poxbase.com/deck/cibc2Cfmctic5ACwXC4kc3wcgjcyzcgmcipc6uctzs7Ks7@s3qs13sNsLr1_R25r3we2we1DeH

I would like to fit an elven page in there, and if there are better tanks than ice golems i would also consider it, but keep in mind their elementals so i get them up to 73 hp.

If there is some other way to boost dmg other than my towers and battle master i would also likely consider that.

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

7. EnigmaXIII

8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

;)

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The deck looks like it has promise. If you have access to an Elven Page, I'd replace the Avenging Angel. If you have access to Fan Faire, it would do wonders. Icesnap is an Elemental and so would benefit from Chains of Amareth. Also, Elven Artisan is too good to leave out since she can Recycle the Horn of Order for some free AP boosts.

10. EnigmaXIII

All great ideas, still trying to get page, and like most KF players i have no way to get fan fair.

11. EnigmaXIII

I should mention i play a lot of 2 v 2. In my experience so far, the most difficult part is knowing when to deploy faes. i tend to deploy one, then deploy a champ, then next turn i deploy the second fae, and kinda wait. It is often inefficient and causes you to miss out on deploys.. by the fourth turn i usually have 2 champs, sometimes 3 out while my enemy usually has 4. I also have a FF KF Wizard bg which is much more efficient since you can get elven mages to 20 dmg without boost: dmg, and with 40% amp thats 28 dmg attacks at 6 range. If you run bard too you can get them even stronger. Not say the ST portion is weak. Heretics can get even stronger than the mages with less set up, but thats just cause they kinda lack balance lol. Page would work wonders in the BG as would fan faire, which Xirone has already stated. I feel like what the BG is lacking is more efficient runes returning 10 nora on deploy is great, but it is still hard to get the first few champs out, and if u need to cast a spell or deploy relic/equip it will kill your deployment tempo since the nora refunds stop. I dont know, i did this mainly for fun, im just making observations at this point :).

12. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

Pixyrus deck looks amazingly fun. I have to ask though, how might a KF/FW version look. WOuld one possibly include recall to speed up spell cooldowns since there would be no chronomancer?

13. EnigmaXIII

You wanna be a dirty dirty spellspammer too :(?

14. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

Very much so

15. Tyrant Queen

Tyrant Queen New Member

Is no one going to help me be a dirty spell spammer?

16. EnigmaXIII

I cant speak for pix, but i personally dont like the spell, im sure the bg could manage even tho its without chrono, and if u give up on KF/FW and try FF instead, u can include Bliss since she hs creativity, it will work very well possibly even better than chrono.

17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Your BG is a bit unfocused for my tastes. The word "circus" comes to mind as I look through it for a core concept that holds your assortment of runes together outside of #Wizards! I see too many champs that hover just below the viability threshold until another specific rune hits the board. This is something that rarely works in your favor unless the majority of the BG is designed to pair up in similar ways. Right now, you have a number of different ways things can pair up that heavily rely on RNG.

http://poxbase.com/deck/CibCfmCwXCyzCobCgTcwOCg7Coqc6us19s2LS7WsLr1_r1yR25r3we1Me2P

This is one of the more involved BG suggestions I've put together. It highlights Starlight Sylph, Thirion, Leoss, Wizards and Attack: Magical in no particular order. It's champ heavy because I count Chained Fae as a Relic for deployment purposes and several champs are situational deploys. Tundra Whisper enables everything in this setup. Using Wish on Jangar Arcanis is but one example of the "just add water" approach to melee champs.

18. EnigmaXIII

Ill admit, i made it mostly for fun and trying out argol ;). Your bg looks much better though, i dont have half of the runes sadly. My FF KF Wizards run much much better than the split, the elven mages do 27 dmg once full amp is up (40%) and i got erything in place (Battle Master, Banner, 2 Motivates from chosen). It also has a lot more cool tricks. TBH i quit playing this bg a while ago, but i let the thread live on to see what u guys come up with. Ive tried to do ST/FS Psych to satisfy my love for argol, and i must say that bg is VERY viable. Also requires much setup, and having some other runes would be nice, but with what i have, its awsome.

19. EnigmaXIII

Oh, and if ur gonna do the Wish thing, might as well throw in a prodigy for the sake of synergy ;).

20. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

You could, but then we're starting to leaving the Magic/Wizards playground and venturing into Magic/Rangers (I only dipped a toe). Let me know what runes you're missing from my suggestion as depending on what you do have, I can recommend a number of replacements.

If you're wanting an Argol BG, I've done a number of splits that were very viable with him, but his main problem is he's no longer as cost-effective atm. I'll post suggestions in your other thread.