My own exclusive Q&A with Gedden.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxjedi, May 26, 2014.

1. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

Hey Gedden, I enjoyed our long phone conversation yesterday & I'm happy you agreed to do this mini Q&A for me since i've been such a long time fan & pox supporter. Per our agreement, I'll also send you that box of Nickelback band memorabilia & latex body suit you asked for, anyways on to the questions.

1. If I have 83 ambling fonds & only two have points on them, why are they numbers 82 & 83? Why cant they be 1 & 2?

2. When SoE owned pox & ran a station cash special, I would buy the maximum amount of cash. When I read that you guys reacquired the game I was told that the station cash would not Xfer. Not wanting to leave my station cash at SoE once the Xfer happened I had to choose what to spend my station cash on. I didnt want to buy extra runes since I almost have a complete set of runs. I ended up buying Tickets. Now that I'm stuck with a Bane Shift ton of extra tickets do you guys have anything planed for tickets?

3. I personally have a huge collection of runes. I love feature that you guys created where I can "shard" runes, but doing this one rune at a time with such a huge collection is horrible. Are there any plans for a shard all button?

4. Would you ever consider doing some sort of kickstarter to get more funds for development? I love the idea of supporting a game early and getting special swag.

5. As a rune collector I love runes with different skins, Any plans to do more LE runes?

6. In your last Q&A you briefly mentioned something about a prequel to Pox. I've always wondered what Pox would look like with other IP's like Axis & Allies, StarTrek, BattleTech or some other scifi genre. Would or have you ever considered making a new version of Pox with some sort of new scifi lore?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. TTYL. : )

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

1 - every rune in pox has a unique ID number, and that number is used to sort them, too bad you decided to level up the runes that would be at the bottom of the pile. To help a bit with this, you'll notice the rune manager has a "level" filter, that you can use to sort out your CP'ed runes.
    2 - I would like to know aswell
    3- you can use loganmkv's script to shard mass runes.
    4-
    5-
    6- Check Void Rim.

3. Poxjedi

Hu, level filter, all this time and i never really noticed it, thanks.
    I'll look for the script.

4. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Hey no problem. It was a little odd that you did it at 3:47 am, and stared at me through my bedroom window, but im glad to be of service.

Yeah we do. As you know tournaments were not always accessible to everyone. It turns out the law regarding tournaments is very complex as you go from one state to the next in the US, and it gets even more complicated when you start talking about international rules. I dont want to bring back tournaments until we have solution that will allow everyone to play, even if we have to make the whole thing totally free (and rewardless :( ).

As a note If this solution would in some way devalue tickets, we will think of something cool to give you in its place :)

Yeah we talked about it. This is more of a question for Cortices but its on the todo list. Right now we are snowed under doing revamp stuff so its not in this next version.

Thats not a bad idea. The only problem with kickstarter is its a really hard place for video games right now, its really turned into a promotional tool. Where our heads are at right now, I think we would rather just give you cool special swag in pox in the form of features or expansion content :)

Yeah we have a few ideas we are kicking around. Some player suggested, some internal. Nothing we can announce yet or anything but its more than just on our radar.

Its funny, as Octopi we did pitch a pox style game for basically everything you mentioned and a lot more (maybe 6+ years ago?). Those kinds of deals are very hard to put together for lots and lots of reasons.

As a note, Void Rim is not in the same "universe" as Pox. If it were, i think it would look and play very differently. However now that we own the poxnora IP, as time goes on and Desert Owl gets stronger as a company, we certainly have the rights to explore doing more.

Woffleet, Legato, Tweek516 and 4 others like this.
  5. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

conversationz r kinda u k letz try doin thingz like robtz SP n ztuff zhawty

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

@Gedden, you're the best.

Woffleet and Rockhopper like this.
  7. Poxjedi

Hoot, thank you for posting Gedden, made my day. :)

Woffleet likes this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Watch the forums for an announcement about this coming within the next day or so from a well-known source (not me). Sorry to be vague, but trying not to steal their thunder :)

9. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think Pox Nora has some of the most unique and interesting characters in the fantasy genre. I really would enjoy the expansion of the Pox Nora universe into other game types and even books.

10. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Books would be awesome, but very hard, i would like to see a comic, Serkan kicking ass all over Elsarin.

11. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

I like how active these guys are. If someone had ever posted this when CorpsE was around, it would have gotten no reply. :3 Good job greens!

Woffleet and Poxjedi like this.
  12. Poxjedi

I agree, its great to see greens so active.

Woffleet likes this.