My ranger deck

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Alakhami, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

ranger deck.png

Heart of the Forest -- Defender + Entangling Attack
    Ambassador -- Flame Armor + Pawn
    Splinehawk -- Empowered Speed + Initiate
    Spikewood Abomination -- Unleash + Plant Regen 3
    De'lim -- Adaptive + Purging Flames
    Anaru -- Pounce + Domain: Grass

Rangers are a great all-around theme because of their versatility, melee power & survivability + pseudo-range, high damage output, "phallanxness", crazy speed and threat range and IMO are OP. If you deploy the right champions at the right time with this bg, you CANNOT lose.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    guokamoli54 likes this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I find your overconfidence disturbing.

Looks neat, why the FABULOUS dancers though?

3. Alakhami

Entangling attack synergy with vinewhip intially, and I always liked him.
    Edited the bg - added back spikewood instead of nectar fairy (I realized that natures connection now works on rangers), removed covenant and added a seed of potential.

4. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

17 champions?

5. Alakhami

yes..? do you find that strange?

6. SireofSuns

Most of the time people run 15-16 champions (unless playing SP, in which case more champions than that is more common). I personally find that outside of SP, I don't need more than 15-16 champions, as I won't be able to play all of them during the course of a game. If I AM able to play all of the champions, by that point they've either cycled through cooldown so it doesn't matter, or I'm toying with the AI in Skirmish mode.

7. Alakhami

I hardly ever play more than 4-5 champions in a game, what are you talking about? :) The point is not to be able to play ALL of them, but to have a good set of options at all times, at all positions in the game.

8. SireofSuns

Cheap Meat/Moga. Lots of champions.

But again, especially if you have 2x of different champions, you may find you don't always need that many. I'd try to figure out if any of your 2x champions aren't as necessary, and then drop it to 1x in place of a useful non-champ.

9. Alakhami

I'm perfectly comfortable with the amount of champions that I have currently, but thanks for your advice.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I would find it hard to justify running 17 champs in KF atm. You can get away with way less, and KF had such a versatile spell set there are so many things to put in.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do wish Deadly Tracker were an Archer/Ranger.... That would be great!

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am running an ST/KF version myself.

13. Alakhami

And how is that working out?

14. Alakhami

What spells do you think I'm lacking?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do love me some Grimilic's Bane but you have a nice set of spells already.

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The lack of burning oak seed and/or frostcall quiver surprises me.

17. Alakhami

had it, removed after not using.

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

St rangers are legit - Darius favour is nice too.

And @Gutsa I'll check my bgs when I'm home :)

19. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

@Gutsa a lot of those champs I wouldnt have thought about using... how are they doing? Any stand outs or all stars?

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

For me? Decent, but I don't play enough to be in the top ranks. I am finding Declare Hunted a bit annoying due to the proximity rules, but the combination of ST rangers and KF rangers help flesh things out. I like the Hunt leader, for example, with Command: Dodge and Commander. There's also several Provision: X ST rangers, which works really nicely with Elite Blade (Lonx Hunter is an example, after Elite Blade it has Leap 3 + Reflexes + Multiattack + DMGDMG, while Lonx Howler provides threat range at a low cost.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016