My sister passed her driving exam.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

5th times the charm I guess.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

wow.... mmmmm here was 3 trys :D

sorry for my bad english )

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Uhhhh, how does one fail 4 times?

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'm curious, what is typically required for your driving exams?

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Driving skill, also not having an exam phobia that makes you shut down like madagascar in a game of pandemichelps I guess.

Dagda likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

This is also why she failed theory that often but half of that test is dumb as Firk.

First when your driving school/teacher thinks you are ready you are required to pass a theory exam comprised of 3 parts, first up is one where you awnser slow down, stop , or do nothing to a picture of a car dashboard (speed the mirrors etc) and respond to the situation whitin the time limmit ( wich sucks because try looking at a picture, does it feel like you are driving now? exactly) then there's rules, and signs parts you are allowed some mistakes but not too much overall or in 1 segment. You pass this you can schedule the actual driving test.

the driving test itself is driving around with an examinator, 1 1/2 hours ,diffirent roads and at you will be asked to do at least 2 special manouvres (turning, parking)

Since I have diabetes I also needed to have my eyes looked at first. I'll need to have them rechecked in 2020.

7. KTCAOP

A ninety minute driving exam!?

Here we have what is called a written exam and then what is actually called the driving test.

It has been known for people to fail the written exam quite a few times (because they don't know how to study or where to find the answers), though the most I have heard of someone failing the driving portion has been three.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah that's what we have too... ?

9. KTCAOP

Ah, I misread, I read it as though the written and the actual driving exam was linked, however, looking at it again, it does seem pretty similar to ours.

If you are below the age of 18, you would need to take a driving course as well to be allowed to take the written exam. If you are older than 18, you can take the written exam without needing to take a driving course.

http://driving-tests.org/california/california-permit-practice-test/

The written exam which then allows you to be permitted to drive. You are not yet licensed to drive, you are just allowed to drive as long as a licensed individual that is older than 18 years old driving with you.

These permits last for six months. After you feel you are prepared, you then take the actual driving exam, which varies from state to state but cover at minimum the basic skills of driving and typically only lasts for 20 minutes.

10. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

The variance in what is expected for driving exams is rather large I have noticed. My written test was 10 true false questions with some so hard as "a stop sign is an octagon or a shape with 8 sides". The driving bit was the officer asking me "do you know you hand signals?" me saying "yes", him saying "ok I believe you" and then making a right turn a right turn, turning around, a left turn and a left turn.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So since I know of no other Dutchmen on here I am pretty much the only one who actually knows how to drive in this forum? :p

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Exactly what we need.... another woman on the road
    >.>

Xuvali likes this.
  13. KTCAOP

I know how to drive!!

D=<

PurpleTop likes this.
  14. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I started driving at the tender young age of 6. The 1960 scout was not a good teacher though. Thankfully the next 9 years of playing Mario kart got me ready for the real road.

Although during my driving test, the usual run they take was all closed/under construction (in Pittsburgh, construction is a season, much like early winter, winter, and still winter are their other seasons), so we went on a nice hour long detour in which I just kind of drive him around. The normal test is like 15 minutes.

THANKS MARIO KART!

Emries, Geressen and PurpleTop like this.
  15. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

LOL a scout was the first thing I drove too. 2nd gear wasn't working though and the floor was rusted out so it was a fun experience to say the least.

16. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

So I didn't have to take the written test and my actual driving test was about... 10 minutes. I basically drove a large square (turn right, straight, turn right, straight, etc) on the road around the actual testing facility. Yeah I dunno why it was that easy either :p

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I passed mine because my instructor bribed the exam guys with water.

18. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

LOL. took my youngest sister about the same amount of times too.

19. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

My drivers test was around 30 questions, and for the actual driving test, I was taken out all over the place. Had to parallel park, merge onto the interstate, drive around a neighborhood, pull up to a line and stop to where my bumper was as close to the line without being over it as possible, and also turning signals were a huge factor. This was up in MI, USA where I was born and raised. Down here in AL, USA, the drivers test is to go around a subdivision... pathetic. The drivers down here are THE worst out of any in the country.

Oh, and I passed mine the first try.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

girl where

a/s/l ? ? ?