Mystic Unicorn (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Mystic Unicorn
    Race: Beast | Class: None | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A light brown unicorn is hedged in by two demons. Both of the demons look quite uncomfortable as they are being inundated with magical and psychic energies.
    Flavor-Text: "Though her name was lost to time, there is an Elven legend that claims a Priestess of K'thir once rode a wild Mystic Unicorn. To achieve this feat, she needed numerous enchantments and protection spells."
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 70- 76

Champion Stats

DMG: 0 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Magical Aura 2 (+4 Nora)- At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 4 Magical damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    Magic Nova 3 (+6 Nora)- This unit deals 9 Magic damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged have -1 DEF for 4 turns.
    Iron Will (+4 Nora)- This champion cannot be Charmed, Possessed, or Distracted.
    Psychic Aura 2 (+4 Nora)- At the beginning of your opponent's turns, this unit deals 4 Psychic damage to each champion within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    Psychic Nova 3 (+6 Nora)- This unit deals 9 Psychic damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged have Ponderous for 4 turns.

Upgrade Path I
    Leap 3 (+8 Nora)- This champion is relocated to target space 2-4 spaces away (if this champion is engaged, this ability costs +1 AP to activate). CD: 1, AP: 3
    Mobility (+4 Nora, Default)- This champion may disengage the turn it becomes Engaged and disengages for 0 AP.
    Retreat 2 (+6 Nora)- This champion can disengage for free and move 2 spaces. CD: 1, AP: 1

Upgrade Path II

Cleanse (+7 Nora, Default)- Target champion within 5 spaces is Cleansed and then is healed for 5 HP. May target self. CD: 3, AP: 3
    Confuse (+6 Nora)- Target champion within 5 spaces is Confused for 4 turns. CD: 2, AP: 2
    Dispel (+8 Nora)- Target champion within 5 spaces, including this one, is Dispelled. May target itself. CD: 4, AP: 2

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  2. Xirone

The Mystic Unicorn is designed to be a passive champion that deals damage, something KF doesn't currently have. KF also doesn't have many champions devoted to AoE damage; this helps to fix that shortcoming. In addition, this is a meant to be a simple champion with no new abilities* but one that feels special nonetheless. I think it would be a great addition to KF's lineup!

*Psychic Nova is kind of new but follows a line of similar abilities.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  3. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Assuming my math is correct.

Champion Stats
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 46

Costs 36 nora? Isnt that a bit expensive for such stats?

4. Xirone

It could be. I arrived at that price by looking at other passive champions, with similar stats, and then subtracting every ability off of it. Voil Jester and Jakei Elementalist were around that base price for those stats. This method of estimation is not flawless, of course.