Myx deck help

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by mj295, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mj295

mj295 New Member

Hiya ^-^ I was just wondering if anyone could help me create a Myx BG. I remember reading on the old forum that using Sand is a good mix, but I've never played SL (I'm on a soul searching journey for the right faction ;3) so I really don't know what I should be doing xD

It would be preferable if I didn't need any LEG's, but either way~ Anyone have any suggestions? :D

Thanks~

2. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

You won't need any LEGs for Myx because there's only one LEG for Myx (Myx Slasher). You can replace it easily with other sandy stuff.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Myx.jpg

This is what my sand/myx deck looks like at present. There are three legendaries in there between the myx slasher, the doomball, and snogvie.

All of those are easily replaceable. The slasher could be replaced by either some detection or another myx. The doomball could be replaced any magic damage, perferable ranged. And the snogive is there largely because of consume and his on deploy effect and the sheer volume of resources folks will deploy to make him dead, but that slot you could put in anything that strikes your fancy.

5. mj295

mj295 New Member

@MovnTarget Umm I'm not sure what that 4th champion and last champ are, nor the 4th spell... Do you mind just giving me the names of those? :3
    @TheNidhogg I'm also curious to know why take the Sandstalker Lord over the normal sandstalker :3

Thanks for the help so far ^-^

EDIT : This is what I've made so far. I took a lot to MovnTarget because I like using Relics and equips more than spells. What do you guys think? o.o
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C6@c63C7ZcyWCaLCaKCaJCfDCdQcqis8os7Ps84rPr2qR2+rxe1lE1Fe4e1O

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Normal sandstalkers are really poor. SL melee champs that can't take a hit generally don't see much play unless their abilities are borderline broken.

7. mj295

mj295 New Member

So I should take the Lords because they are tankier pretty much? :D

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yup

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The 4th champion is the Mengclan Lord, the last is Presidential Vinny, so simply Vindrax. The 4th spell is Tornado.

10. mj295

mj295 New Member

I'm guessing Mengclan is there for the shatter effect? :D

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Mengclan is one of SL's finest.

12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Mengclan is just an all around awesome champ. Between drive, pull, backlash, entangling attack, his nora stopper ability, he's rarely a bad include. I know that I listed 3 upgrades, but the idea is he has multiple excellent builds.

I personally run him with backlash and pull. I like to have the nora gen counter and pulling from halfway across the map with tunnel sand is always fun.

13. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Good old Myx/Sand deck...them where the days when i was a young lad...and Myx weren't as large and terrifying back then...time flys o_O:eek:;)

14. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

they were loads scarier then o.0 sandnipe had hidden sand and you throw a rage band and cocoon it. You have an insect who acts as a sniper equiped with a .50 cal monster.
    I forgot why adamant was scary as well sadly.

15. TheNidhogg

Adamant is balls

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

my myx is this, can't make a pretty picture right now, sorry bout that anyways this works for me.
    the slasher can be replaced ( i have one so why not put it in a myx bg right?) the other LE is in the non myx part.

the non myx champs can be switched out, it's pretty much the "what am I missing/what do I want to add" part of the BG

actually need to rework that a bit.right now my main problem is running into phys or acid immunes. I was planning on reworking that a bit, buuuuuut you gotta love those hidden sand with their phys attacks right?

as you can see I decided to make use of the boost acid of some of the myx and use acid storms
    of course you might go for some diversity in AoE spells, maybe i will put in some firestorms and a dragonskull.

BG name: Myxing it up
    commons: 18
    uncommons:3
    rares:5
    exotics:2
    Legendaries:2

CHAMPS
    (non myx, sand draks and some stuff i put in to try/giggles)

1x draksar explorer
    1x draksar morph
    1x draksar sandstalker
    1x draksar spellsword
    1x dune walker
    1x dunes manticore
    1x mantid tracker
    1x sandstalker lord
    1x sandstalker dustdevil

(myx parts)
    1x myx adamant
    1x myx broodlord
    2x myx drone
    2x myx matriarch
    2x myx sandsnipe
    1x myx slasher
    2x myx spitter

SPELLS
    2x acid storm
    1x draconic benediction
    1x drone signal
    1x sandspout
    1x tornado

RELICS
    2x myx puppae
    2x sand generator
    EQUIPS
    none

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  17. TheNidhogg

Yeah don't listen to Gerben if you're trying to win games <3

#SandGeneratorOP

Geressen likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

i'm editing this onto the start of my post, you understand me :D

TheNidhogg likes this.
  19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Tbh the Myx Adamant is kinda terrible at this point and has been since he got nerfed. He doesn't really do anything particularly well unless you are making yourself a spellspam sl deck using adaptive, which would admittedly be awesome to see.

But if you want something to tank, the broodlord is far superior. If you want something to do dmg, pick pretty much any of the other myx that aren't 2x2 fatties taking up space.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Guys

How bout them slashers? #spurisajoke