Naria suggestions.

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by potatonuts, Aug 12, 2016.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've been playing around with Naria for a little while and I think I might have gotten a bit of a better idea about why they are so unpopular. There seems to be a few issues which force them to sacrifice efficiency for some synergy which isn't really there in the theme. They seem like they'd fit in fine with a Delim bg but outside of that they are somewhat lost.

The only real glaring issue is that the theme are Vampyres with abilites that trigger on bloodied enemies but have almost no ways to actually apply the bloodied status effect. I feel this could be easily solved with a few upgrade rearrangements.

Flamewillow
    U1 - Devotee of Delim, Fire Feed, Bleed

This champion is a bit of a jack like 2 or 3 trades and maybe a master of countering melee? Though whatever she does, it would be nice if she could apply bloodied in the process.

Mindtap
    U1 - Devotee of Delim, Blood Dispersal, Charm
    U2 - Blood Magic, Distract, Psychic Blast

Mindtap is a pretty great champ but it seems nonsensical to keep Blood Magic and Blood Dispersal on the same tree, on a ranged champ Dispersal seems like the only choice. This setup will allow better synergy with Bleed and prevent Blood Dispersal being useless at times.

Queen
    U1 - Commander, Life Siphon, Devotee of Delim
    U2 - Stall, Soothing Serenade, Bleed

She is overall a good champ but being forced to take decide between Bleed and Commander is a *****. Swapping Life Siphon and Bleed will leave her in a very similar position but with a much more reasonable upgrade setup.

Seedling
    U1 - Devotee of Delim, Domain: Vegetation, Bleed

This guy really has nothing to do with UD, his abilities are KF all the way. Adding Bleed will turn him into a cheap useful source of applying bloodied.

Ragevine seems fine as is, pretty efficient champ that has options to work in either theme. Stranger is so strong she doesn't need synergy. 15 dmg in ff, Scrapper and Execute, when will the UD players wake up on that one?

Finally i just wanted to add that I think Conduit abilities effects should last after the target has died if only just for 2 turns. I find they often go to waste as they champions you use them on will be the same ones you plan on killing ASAP. Though this might just be a case of getting used to using them more efficiently.

@Sokolov what do you think?

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Thank you for a good note. Does anyone playing UD actually run Naria? They look dreadful to me, to the extent that I haven't even given them more than a cursory glance.

Way more interesting things to use in UD.

GOBLINS.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I use Mindtap and ragevine in my bleed bgs. Like these suggestions though.

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

The issue that i saw was that they only worked as part of other modules and not as a module of their own. Mindtap is great for the ranged Blood Dispersal but with the one barely justifiable Bleed source in Naria she needs support from other Bleed sources to be useful.

Qucas likes this.