Need BG advice/tips

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Sunutsu, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ditch soulthrister for a pitdragon, avenging flame does not suit your bg..but you could use it, take out eye for an eye for a retribution, ditch one of the night spiders for a pitdragon or priestess.... or whatever you want

Other then that your bg seems rather random probably lacking quiet a few of the basic counters

3. Sunutsu

I'm coming back from a recent several month break so i forgot most things about the game. If you could tell me some counters i should use that would be awesome.

4. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Try to get your hands on a Purefire spell, it is very useful on many occasions. To cleanse and to dispel and to do minor damage. It is a nice little toolbox in of itself and can be used on your own and on enemy champs.

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

You don't have much AP gen or relocates. I'd make room for at least a 2 of these: DEP, DES, Hookfiend, Puppet Master, Bloodguards.

2 Nightfalls, 1 Phase Spider and 1 Caverunner all sort of fill the same role at contesting/harassing fonts. I'd cut at least 2. Consider replacing the remaining ones w/ minotaur sentries. They will greatly improve the mobility of your battlemage (especially if you choose swap) and give you the option of removing griefbearer.

For spells, consider purefire, price of victory, firey ambush, mandate of sheoul and another finisher like fireblast. Consider removing: molten cloak, long knife adept, eye for an eye, hek arbiter, or the owl (you're a demon...it's a bird...it's not even a possessed demonic owl...).

Relics: Banner.

Demonshield & Orb: I kind of think running demon shield is 2x or 0x. Most factions have spot shatter. If you run 1 demon shield, you're really just getting a nora advantage by forcing your opponent to use his higher cost, higher cd spot shatter. But you typically lose that gain when the champion that demon shield was protecting dies. If you run 2, then at least you get the benefit of the 2nd demon shield. If you run 2x, probably less need fo orb. If you run 0x, then you should probably have an orb, but make sure you have enough fire damage to make it efficient.

6. Sunutsu

Just updated my BG at the top with your suggestions thanks! Anymore tips/suggestions/strategies are still more than welcome.