Need help building SL bg

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by ptjimbo, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

So, being relatively new and unsure of how to build a balanced and efficient bg that can be used competetively while still being affordable for my newbie self, I need help in constructing a bg for use. So I come to the forums to seek advice and such for this bg I made on poxbase.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cu@cgVcu0ciGCfFCaLcaKCaJCfDCpWCgBs6wsas84s5ts73S7usHrPR2qE1O

Some of these runes are pretty expensive, those being Judge Torien, the Aspect, Thug. Currently I got all the myx for the deck from a very helpful friend, I got the spells and equips.

I am really missing a couple things, which I can probably get a hold of by using DST. But the point here is not to seek help getting the runes, more so seeking advice and constructive criticism on how this looks in the competetive light.

2. only

only Active Member

good thing is that you don't have those runes already (Torien, AoV and Thug).

can you confirm you have ALL myx or myx just in that deck?

your non champion line up can be easily tweaked by adding Acid Storm and cutting 1x of Hive and Rage Band for the choices depending of how your champion line up will end.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You could make it a little cheaper by using Ruthless Netmaster instead of Skeezick Bolter. That would give you more synergy with The Doctor and Judge Torien. There are far better options for AoE than Tornado. Also @BurnPyro will tell you that any SL deck without Quicken x2 and Quickening x1 is not a good SL deck. I'd cut down on the Myx, since you're not going all out for a Myx deck to fit some more of the standard SL fare.

4. ptjimbo

@only Well, I have all myx except for the slashers. If I was actually at home I could confirm that I have these runes, but doing this from a school comp with most things blocked/limited is a bit tricky. xD

@darklord48 M'kay, I took what you said into consideration. Although I am lost as to what is the standard SL runes to grab. I think you take draksar morphs, but I am using doctors in replace of those because they're cheaper. I heard Snogvie was something you wanna run in SL, but I can't afford such great runes. Aside from that I am actually unsure. Here is a revised version, lowered the number of Myx added some spells and some champs I think are in the standard, or at least seem efficient to me.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cu@cgVcu0ciGcfFcaKCaJcw5CgXChHC4UCgBS6Ls6wsas84s5ts73S7usYrPr2qe1O

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sorry, I should have been more clear by standard SL fare. Your deck has 17 champs. Most players run 15 champs, since that gives you near certainty of getting a champ in your starting hand, but also maximizes the slots for your support spells/equipment/relics. Skeezick Alchemists do work well with Judge Torien since they can cause Charred and Scoured in AoE, which will allow Judgement to do damage to additional enemies.

The standard SL fare is Acid Storm, Cancel Magic, Draconic Benediction, Quicken, Quickening, Hive, and Rage Band.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Using what you started with for a base, I'd look at this setup. http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cu@cgVcu0ciGCfFCaLcaKCfDCgXCgBS6Ls6wsas84s5ts73S7usYrPR2qE1O You could use Skeezick Alchemist in place of the Myx Broodlords if you want Judgement to be more effective on Judge Torien. Ruthless Netmaster vs Skeezick Bolter depends on what utility you're looking for. Netmaster has control with the Entangling Attack, Debilitate, Cripple, and Hinder Movement. Skeezick Bolter has less control, but is more mobile with Hit and Run, and can do more damage with Flanking. Also with Poison Cloud and Rend, you can do more damage, with Pin Down and Poison Cloud trap you have some control.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I personally wouldn't run 2x Draconic Benediction. I like Transfusion, especially with The Doctor. I rarely get him close enough for combat since I'm using him for healing and mutation. I will often cast Transfusion on him to give my newly summoned champ more AP to get into combat, get an extra attack off, or get other champs into better position. I will also use Ruthless Netmaster's Dictate on The Doctor to get more AP and damage on my Netmasters. I noticed you swapped the Broodlords and Spitters out and put in Resilient Skeezick and Alchemist. I think the Broodlords are better tanks than the Skeezick, so if you already own them, it may be worth keeping the Broodlords, although you could use them to get the other stuff you're looking for. In my example I removed the Sandsnipes in favor of the Spitters so you would have a few more cheaper options and they synergize with Judgement since they have sunder and scour, but you could keep the Sandsnipes instead if you want more range with scour and distract.

8. only

only Active Member

9. ptjimbo

Hmm.. So I guess something like this would be alright?
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cu@cgVcu0ciGcfFcaLcaKCfDCgXC4UCgBS6Ls6wsas84s5ts73S7usYs5jrPr2qE1O

I replaced a mantid for a broodlord, and a hive for transfusion. Maybe I can replace the other mantid for the second broodlord. Or I could go ham and use AoV x2. #SuchSkill

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

11. ptjimbo

Awesome. I suppose until further input is put into this I will try and get these runes and use this for a bit. So far I see the bigger challenges are going to be getting Judge Torien. But thank you for your help. :)

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You could run another homicidal thug in his place. You won't get the burst damage from Judgement, but they tank pretty well, and once they get some charges, the aura is nice extra damage on top of what they're doing already.

13. ptjimbo

Might just do that, until I can try out Judge.