Need help! Stop by!

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by DeScyther, Apr 24, 2014.

1. DeScyther

DeScyther The King of Potatoes

Okay, for starters i am not a very new player to the game and I just came back. I can get any runes I want so if you would take that into consideration please give me the best advice possible. Now, the point of this thread is to help a player like myself understand exactly why an all elven bg is not very viable. I have not done much research but i have come to see that there are not many elven posts on the forum. Why is this? and how would i be able to make an elven bg that would be able to stand the test of time as one of my main bgs. Any advice is appreciated and this thread is not exclusive to elves. Helping with other bgs i.e Treefolk would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Elves are kind of awesome. They work together really well. Here are some things to keep in mind...

Elven Statue + Flamemage/Ghost Stalker/Elven Illusionist- You can get some massive heals in if you keep your Illusions out of reach. You know how fun it is when the Catharsis Bloom creates a second relic near the original and you can heal 16 HP in one spot? With the Elven Statue, you can have similar results, but in a massive AoE.

Colossal Boa + Epochal Oasis- The Colossal Boa's main weakness is that it is slow and can easily be prevented from getting where you want him to go. Epochal Oasis lets him teleport to the best position. When upgraded with Cleave, you can get some good hits it.

Spirit Singer + Condor Fury- Condor Fury is pretty scary when it has Nora Barrier on it. Keep in mind that Spirit Singer also can cleanse, heal and resurrect the Condor Fury. I find that Condor Fury, Spirit Singer, and Menalaus together make a mean forest team that can handle most things.

Elven Melee Power Turn- With the right set up, you can have a massive melee power-turn. Elven Taskmaster has Drive, Commander: Elf, and Command: Charge. Elven Bard has Improve Damage and Battle Hymn. Arrow Singer has Horn of K'thir. If you use these abilities, even the weakest elf can dish out nice damage. The Spirit Singer, for example, can do a 20 DMG Charge (+4 from Horn of K'thir, +3 from Charge, +2 from Drive, +2 from Improve Damage, +1 from Commander: Elf, +1 from Battle Hymn, +1 from Pride of K'thir). The stronger Elves hit for even more, of course.

Elven Taskmaster + Epochal Oasis- Your poor melee won't have problems closing the gap with these two. Your Condor Fury, for example, can spend 7 AP to Teleport 6 spaces, Charge 3 spaces, and make an attack. With 12 AP saved up, you can move 9 spaces and double tap an opponent.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I also like epochal sages, hasting certain things can make things easy

Xirone likes this.