Need some advice

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by itzdaT, Jul 6, 2015.

1. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

Hey all, I started to build my first deck, it will be a Sundered Lands deck. Is it worth to buy legendary runes like "Aspect of Violence" etc.? They cost a lot of nora when you deploy them.

Also, is it a good idea to make a Sundered Lands - Ironfist combined deck? I would use the Ironfist champions and spells to protect my damage dealers of the Sundered Lands deck.

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

All runes — including legendaries — are different and have various use cases.

For example SL Aspect you mentioned could be run as a superchamp with whole deck built around him in ST or KF splits, or in charge manipulation FS split, but as a regular include he is quite risky.

There are some unique IS/SL splits like draksar+tainted paladins or armory+pedes, but if you are just starting, it would be better for you to play full faction goodstuff or easy themes (for SL it would be skeez or dragons) for some time before moving to risky splits.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeah i certainly wouldnt rush to get any legendaries for now alot of them are not mandatory and more luxury runes rather than core to a deck. Take your time and build your deck slowly and methodically. Do abit of research too on the SL forum if your going to play SL. Generally speaking lower nora costs are better as its relatively easy to one round champions in this game, even the most tanky of things sometimes.

SL have some nice themes like Draksar, Skeezick and Dragons that are all strong and have good cheap rune options. Id recommend any of those. Have fun either way and dont be afraid to ask for advice. Also dont get disheartened at first if u have a tough time, Pox has a steep learning curve and can be tricky at start. Just focus on slowly improving and absorbing all the knowledge u can. We all have to start somewhere.

4. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

Thanks, I build a full SL deck for now then with 2-3 legendary champs only.

5. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Also build your first BG that you think is good, post it into the relevant faction forums, people are really helpful with what to change (and reasons behind the changes too) :)

Anima26 likes this.
  6. Anima26

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. itzdaT

itzdaT Member

Thanks! Yeah I've spent a lot of time with the deckbuilder so far.
    Oh and 1 more question btw. Disables/CCs are looking OP [stun etc.] like in old WoW PvP. I think the more you got in a BG = the better. Am I correct? Not to mention some special abilities, spells and passives like righteous & divine shield, guarded: voil, reclaim etc. are also looking decent. So should I try to get as much from these as possible? [..within limits ofc, as I see some factions have much more options compared to some others from this kind of stuff.]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  8. Anima26

Yeah something like that man. Depending on which faction you are playing or split factions of course. Experiment with different abilities/spells/effects and see which you find personally to be most influential and worthy of a slot in your deck. Cleanse is a little less wide spread now, unless u vs SP or KF as they have easy spot cleanse relic (Cleansing Emerald). I personally have been trying to make my decks include multiple sources of cleanse atm due to the prevalence of CC and other similar effects. Im a huge fan of Dispel too, it works wonders on things like Righteous Deflection, Impervious, Blizzard Cloak, Bubble of protection etc etc. There are not too many sources of Dispel however.

9. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I can't agree with these guys more. Welcome! And I hope you find a great home over in the Sundered Lands!