Nerf Vex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Falko35, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Falko35

Falko35 New Member

None of the other factions get immortal units with 40 charges. Why should SL?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I recently sold her cause she's the most annoying unit to play in the game. Either it wins you the game or is a dead rune/loses you the game.

You can nerf her all you want, no good players will care.

3. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'd prefer we fix the offending ability, instead.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Deploy Charged 2 and she is fixed.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That ability needs to be removed from the game.

mortal ix, OchiK, Etherielin and 4 others like this.
  6. learnedone

learnedone Well-Known Member

Nerf it or leave it...... SL shall not be moved!!

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

How does vex lose you the game in some games? Please inform me, because im honestly curious. The only way i could see it happening is if i deployed vex and you rushed me on a small map. But then i could just plop down a temple guard and easily crush your rush. Otherwise i just wouldnt deploy her then and wait till i was secure. I guess if the map had a ton of fonts she could hurt my ability to rapidly deploy and cap them, but then i just wouldnt deploy her right away.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Wow. I just looked up Divine Wellspring. Holy crap. That's insane. I don't have much experience with the rune but just from looking at it, I could see it being immensely problematic.

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yup... that sums it up

10. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Sorry, unrelated, but where did you/movn/dagda get those forum avatars? They're all a similar style and they're kind of great.

11. Ballballer

I made them for those three. I made one for burn as well, but he doesnt use it

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Monroid the hero

Dagda likes this.
  13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Vex does not need to be nerfed.

Vex needs to be reworked. That ability is vintage corpz powercreep. It should not exist. Vex should be reworked to exist as a functional unit independent of some stupidly b.s. ability.

And to ball, I've seen a number of players play Vex and deploy her at laughably inopportune times. And it has ultimately cost them the game. That's not an overly uncommon sight as the types of people who make those mistakes are often the type of people who play Vex.

mortal ix, Goyo, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  14. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Rework required... be nice to keep some of the Vex flavour though... could it grant a last breath barb style, 1 turn survival (within 6 spaces)? or would that still suck?

15. Ballballer

So because bad people are bad, that makes vex a gimmick and not op?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Gimmick and op are by no means mutually exclusive. Point and case, bastion the avenger. Gimmick in his combo attack, but also op. Same could be said of Vex, and most other heros from that batch.

I fail to see how what it is labeled as had any bearing on the need for a rework

17. Ballballer

I just hate the response from the SL community whenever Vex is mentioned. Its always "Only bad players use Vex" or "Vex is just a gimmick" or "Vex loses people games." It seems like yall just dismiss people whenever they bring up vex. She is straight up OP, gimmick or not.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You explicitly stated that you couldn't see how Vex could lose you the game. I was simply replying to that. So if you don't want to hear that it can lose you the Gane don't ask how it can lose you the game.

I've also yet to see anyone go nuh'uh Vex isn't op.

So I'm sorry SL isn't jumping up and Duan screaming that Vex needs to go die in a fire then rot in the shoebox thereafter.

I'd assume the general acceptance that she needs a rework would imply that she's not ok as presently constituted.

Entrepidus, Goyo and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Discussing Vex is exactly the same thing as discussing Mimic.

If you're always on the revieving end of it, it must look like the most op thing in the history of ever. That's because you don't see all the other games where it sits in their dock being useless.

But whatever, it's the results that matter right?

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

We all know who made ur avatar, senshu.