New archer ability?

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by chris0024, Nov 3, 2014.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Me and a guildmate, much love to Rorschach ;), were throwing around ideas for a new archer ability. We came up with an ability that will cause inhibited to the target. This is what we have so far:

searing arrow: this champion makes a basic attack at +2 dmg and +1 ap. The target is inhibited for 6 turns, cd 3

What do you guys think? I think it fits well with how archers are played at the moment without being too strong.

Woffleet and xezno like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I might edit it a bit. Overall I like it though.

Searing Arrow: This champion makes a Fire attack at +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Inhibited (Cannot be healed.) for 4 turns. CD3

Woffleet, soulmilk and Xirone like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Coincidentally enough, I'd like various elemental arrow abilities to exist. This would be an excellent fire one.

19madfox95, Woffleet and soulmilk like this.
  4. chris0024

keep the ideas coming you guys :)

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Before I start throwing up elemental arrows, we should discuss how to phrase it.

Should it be:

1. ??? ???: This champion makes a ??? attack at +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes ??? for 4 turns. CD3
    2. Should we apply a condition that it can only work at the range at which the champ currently has?
    3. Should it give a specific range similar to Arrowshot? (3-6) (I don't like the idea of giving archers bonus range outside of abilities that directly boost range. They are not rangers.)
    4. Should it have scaling range at different ranks similar to Flamestrike? (I don't like this at all.)

I personally prefer a mixture of Ideas 1, and 2 merged.

Current arrows I have in mind.

Searing Arrow: Inhibited
    Barbed Arrow: Rend, or Gore
    Frosted/Frostbite Arrow: Chilled, or Slowed. (I like the latter.)
    Toxic Arrow: Scoured, or Blinded (I like the latter.)
    Cursed Arrow: Hexed
    Paralytic Arrow: Paralyzed
    Playful Arrow: They gain 3 ap, and careless.
    Weakening: Applies an effect similar to the FW spell Weaken with less debilitating effects. -1 Def, -1 Spd, -4 dmg. Does not stack.
    Trickster: The become under the effects of Bounce (Hidden until triggered. Would be really fun.)

And more...

Of course the duration at which some of these effects take place might need to be tinkered with. As Blinded for 4 turns, is the Blinding Flash spell for free. That is not ok. So yeah. I have lots of ideas as well.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  6. chris0024

I purposely kept it as a basic attack so it could work with other spells in KF such as bullseye and fire for effect. This way it works with the archer's normal range as well, whether it's boosted or not. So #1 is the way to go.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It should still be said that it is based upon their current range. Descriptions, wording in particular is very important within Pox.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

New phrasing:

??? ???: This champion makes a ??? attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes ??? for 4 turns. CD3

(Turn time can be edited per ability, as needed.)

Tell me what you think I can create a mock up real fast for the others.

9. chris0024

plug in these words; "searing arrow", "basic fire attack", "inhibited." The way you have it worded is fine.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Working on it. About 30% done with current list.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ok. This is what I got so far:

Searing Arrow: This champion makes a Fire attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Inhibited (Cannot be healed.) for 4 turns. CD3

Barbed Arrow: This champion makes a Physical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Gored (Loses 1 life at the beginning of each turn. This condition does not stack.) CD3

Frosted Arrow: This champion makes a Frost attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Slowed (This champion has -2 SPD) for 2 turns. CD3

Toxic Arrow: This champion makes a Poison attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Blinded (This unit's attacks automatically miss) for 2 turns. CD3

Blight Arrow: This champion makes a Loss of Life attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Hexed 3 (This unit's damage is reduced by 60%) for 3 turns. CD3

Paralytic Arrow: This champion makes a Physical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Paralyzed (This champion can not move or use attacks or abilities. This champion has -2 DEF and it loses all AP at the start of each turn. It cannot engage other Champions and loses Paralyzed if it becomes damaged) for 2 turns. CD3

Playful Arrow: This champion makes a Physical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it gains 3ap, and Careless (This unit loses all AP at the end of it's turn.) for 4 turns. CD3

Debilitating Arrow: This champion makes a Physical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Weakened (This champion has -4 dmg, -1 spd, and -1 defense) for 4 turns. CD3

Trickster Arrow: This champion makes a Magical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the target is successfully damaged, it becomes Bounced (The next time this champion engages one of your champions, it is knocked backed 4 spaces. This effect is hidden until triggered.) for 3 turns. CD3

Woffleet and chickenpox2 like this.
  12. chris0024

I really like trickster arrow the most. It seems the most useful to me for archers. They're all great but, trickster arrow stands out for me. The utility is amazing imo. Great idea.

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Not to be annoying, but don't debuff attacks normally do 50% dam.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, I specifically thought the Blight, Paralytic, and Weakening Arrows didn't need to do bonus damage, but less. I will touch them up later. I just wanted to get the majority of thoughts in my head about this on paper first. Please point out more things you see.

EDIT: Changed Cursed Arrow: To Blight Arrow:

15. chris0024

If you're a lowly non archer then yes but in all seriousness not all debuff attacks do 50% dmg. Imbue is a perfect example funnily enough.
    Wtf I was replying to leaderz post and it quoted mine lol

16. Leadrz

Not all debuff do 50%, but generally they have like 50%-70% damage or whatever or they take a certain amount from 6-10.

I was just thinking +2dam is a little strong and sandbag the abilities ideas - the debuffs.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I feel as though we have 4 things we can edit. "Bonus", Duration, Effect, Cooldown. Nothing is set in stone, and I agree with Leadrz. I see at least 3 of my abilities that could do with less damage, or a mitigating factor to its secondary effect. As I said before. I just wanted them down on paper. XD

18. Leadrz

And apart from my constructive criticism, which was that extra damage may take away from the role of the arrows.

I endorse this idea.

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i got one
    Pinning Arrow: This champion makes a Physical attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If the successfully damaged it gets rooted for 2 turns
    Surprised you missed out flaming arrow
    Flaming arrow:This champion makes a Fire attack at its current range for +2 dmg, and +1ap. If successfully damaged it gets charred for 3 turns

I actually was going to make a Relic for archers
    Archery basket
    Relic
    Hp 35
    CD 10
    Nora: 50
    Freindly Archers within 2 spaces gain Take Arrow (Ap 2 Cd 3).
    Archers may get a 50% chance of getting a Elemental Arrow (Flaming , Freezing ,Shocking ,Toxic ) and 10% chance of getting Blight , Barbed , Searing , Pinning and Paralytic

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What about a champion or relic supplying arrows?
    Granting a friendly archer with verious elemental arrow attacks with the clause "Remove this ability after use."
    Could be cool as these 1 use arrows could also be interesting on base/upgrade abilities on certain archers.