New Client feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProR2D2, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Like the new balancing, but the new client is buggy as hell, so leaving this here:

- Targeting blue/purple squares are VERY hard to see. White color squares would be a lot clearer.

- Pressing A to attack doesn't work. You have to press it twice. This is important issue in ranked play.

- No art during loading screens. Like WUT??

- You cannot cancel an action if you drag the screen with left mouse button while targeting.

- A pop-up menu for selecting the deck would be much better than this Deck manager. Unless it can be copied exactly from homepage, I think players would prefer to go to the homepage, especially for the Rune Forge feature. A game this deep is not for the lazy anyways.

- Activated abilities UI is too high, blocking screen :(

- Clunky Interface. No "button feeling" fo activating abilities.

- Attack and defence stats position are mixed up in card previews.

- No description of equipment abilities.

- I play PC and it asks me to press circle and triangle -____-

- Suggestion: add a link to 3rd site Traders like PoxBox for new ranked players.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Hotkeys 1-9 work for abilities, except sometimes when all hotkeys stop working, like if you panic and press fast or it just stops.
    a restart solves that but then you might fail daily/heroic achievements since i think those prereqs resets on a restart

use right mouse for pan map

Pressing A once cancels movement selection or if you got problems, or using hotkeys 1-9 but then you could activate abilities if you got AP left etc

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. is that a bug? seems just a personal preference.
    2. man, i didnt even know you could attack pressing A. Use the numbers, is easier, and you have to press just once. Also you have control on all abilities.
    3. If it makes the load faster, its ok. The interface got a lot more art, that seems more important to me.
    4. Please try to repeat that problem, if it persists report it to the bug section of the forum or on discord channel
    5. with so many runes any deckbuilder would feel complex to use. At least now we can filter runes or search by name.
    6. well, if you make it smaller you couldnt even click on them. also it has to fit the image of the card. I also think that we should see more of the screen, but thats not a main problem.
    7. what do you mean with "button feeling"?
    8. Poxbox is not a feature related to Desert Owl Games, so why should they do it?

5. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

1. If you cant see well where you can move i think thats an issue.
    2. Always attacked by using A.
    3. i wunt ma art pls
    4. Very easy to reproduce.
    5. Deck manager is a mess. My advice: Do it perfectly or don't do it. Otherwise people would ignore it and go to homepage anyways.
    6-7. See the old UI on youtube. (write poxnora or teascholar vs tinydagon on youtube, etc). The older client was smaller and you could easily click on them. Main problem for me. :(
    8. Because thats the final reason that got me into poxnora as a ranked player.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I think you should always make use of a captured audience moment. Those loading screens should be used to advertise marketplace purchases and limited time offers.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My second day of play was horrible. I faced FS draw win deck 3 times in a row and quit out of all of them because I'm not interested. Then got a decent game vs UD but had a pathing issue that completely ruined that game. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully the experience is better. Good god I totally understand why someone would pick this game up and then trash it in no time. It's really frustrating across many fronts.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the reports. Most of these are known issues.

For things like loading screen art, yea, it's one of those cases where we had push to a number of things like that which isn't strictly speaking required for the client to be functional to focus on things to make the client work. As you can see, even with that, it is still not in a great state so it'll be awhile before we get to the extras.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Why do the indicators next to names say PC/PSN? Wh0 gives a Firk. Switch it back to faction.

Why do you not have a box that shows whose in which chat lobby? No idea if guild mates are on. Presently you have basically killed the social aspect to this game, well Firking done.