New expansion

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by chris0024, Nov 18, 2017.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Does anyone have an idea of when the expansion will be coming out so I can maybe start getting back into the game and dominating with my fae again?

Are they still as strong as they used to be?

I guess I'll only know by playing -___-

Still it would be nice if some one could give a brief overview of pox atm :p

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s rather lovely. Best game on the market by far. If you like deep, complex, multiple interactions. Not so good if you like a large player base and silky UI. (!)

3. chris0024

Pox has never had a large player base so that's never been an issue. So what you're saying is that the client is still ruining it for you?

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s not ruining it. I absolutely love Pox.

But it is much much worse than before in quite annoying little ways. The graphics and UI are broken just enough to matter.

E.g. stealth shows up as a ghost effect ‘sometimes’ so you need to click on champs to read details to confirm they are stealthed. Same with ethereal, impervious, etc. Lost a match last night due to not noticing ethereal effect. I had to click on champ then look at the tiny icons on the rune card.

E.g. many effect animations now appear at a random spot at the base of the screen, so one has no idea where the effect is taking place.

On the upside, there are still many friendly and helpful players around. Old school and new.

But there’s no chat for the old guys to help newcomers.

I have no idea how a new player could learn right now. Far too many random glitches and lack of intuitive in-match flags as to what’s going on.

Still love it though!

newsbuff and chris0024 like this.
  5. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Etherielin and chris0024 like this.
  6. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Also, Fae still look like a higher tier BG. But no one have taken it to the top ranks yet. Talk to @Etherielin he seems to have a good grasp of the state of Fae.

Etherielin and chris0024 like this.
  7. chris0024

My approach to fae was different than his as he was in my guild and I saw it first hand.

What I need to find out is if there have been changes done to the deck I used which was inspired by the notorious @Xirone, wherever he may be, he's probably thinking up creative stuff for a different game now :(

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's correct, Chris and I have two different playstyles. I got to top 100 with Fae though so there's that. Trying to go further whenever I have time.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Ha! I was devoting too much time to the game and wanted more time IRL. When it was time to switch to the new client, it seemed like a good time to step back a bit. I want to download the client and start playing again but am waiting for the next expansion to launch. Seeing a couple of my runes is sure to tempt me to play. Fairy Circle FTW!

Edit: Also, my computer is on its last legs and is certain to die at anytime.

Tweek516, chris0024 and Etherielin like this.
  10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm making sure that KF doesn't get the short end of the stick during your absence, so don't worry. :p

Tweek516, MaruXV and Xirone like this.
  11. Xirone

I played my first game in months! I played my "Bliss and the Fae" deck. So many annoying tricks in that deck. Anyway, good to get a game in. I'm still mostly waiting for the new expansion to play a bit more....

....Also, this new client takes some getting used to. :(

Edit: I'm rusty but still went 2-0 for the night. Woot!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh the biggest problem with the new client is the whole movement bug when you move 2 different units in quick succession.
    That, and endlessly trying to get rid of those green squares.

13. Xirone

I’ve played a number of games recently and only lost one so far. It seems like the Fae are doing well in the new client. If anything, the status of the client makes things better for the Fae as it takes the opponent more time to figure out what CC is coming from where. The more sticky-clicking the opponent has to do, the better it is for you!

Edit: Oh yeah, there hasn’t been a patch in ages and so I think little has changed in those regards. When the next patch hits, whenever that is, Possession abilities will be changed and so Nymph might be better/cheaper.

Etherielin likes this.