New Laptop and Pox isn't Happening

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by bClef, May 30, 2014.

1. bClef

bClef Member

So I just got my first laptop and I want to be able to play pox on it. So I download Java and then Pox, restarted my laptop. I get through the patcher and everything gets up to date, I then hit PLAY NOW and the second browser pops up. Nothing on it but a white screen though. I'm running windows 8.1 and any help is appreciated.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

make sure your video drivers are up to date

3. bClef

bClef Member

Ok, did that same thing happening though. I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics Family video card. I really hope that works.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

5. bClef

bClef Member

8GB of RAM and 100+ GB of memory, I don't think i updated my video card enough, but I'm just not savvy enough to figure out how to :/

Btw Senshu, I'd suggest you get Poxnora onto http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri, it's a great resource for people who don't know the in's and out's of their computer and if it meets standards

EDIT: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD CTHULHU!!!! And community as well :D

6. bClef

bClef Member

Sigh... Unfortunately what I was dreading has happened. I have the Lenovo Yoga 2 pro. It has a 3200 x 1800 resolution screen and that is causing a sizing issue with the poxnora server. Even with quite a bit of messing around with it, I've seen no results. I looked around online and basically it's a problem with no fix if it doesn't work right away. So hopefully it might be something that's updated with the revamp!!! :D

7. Senshu

Good to hear it works, but the resolution thing is a bummer. After the revamp we plan on doing some more stuff with the UI which will help with some of the Resolutions.

Are you playing in full screen or windowed. Windowed has a little more flexibility for addressing non standard resolutions.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  8. bClef

bClef Member

I tried all, windowed, full screen windowed, and full screen but the actual game client stays the same size. Glad to hear resolution work will be done after revamp though!!!! There is hope for my laptop yet.

9. Senshu

In windowed mode you can select different resolutions, which should make the game playable where nothing is being cutoff . If you are expecting it to properly fill your screen then that is a different story.

It will take a while for new resolutions because it is one of many things we have planned for after the revamp, but we want to get stuff like that done sooner rather than later.

10. Senshu

Also, could you be a little more specific about what you mean by Sizing Issues? Is it too small or proportions are squishing the game window so things look distorted? A screenshot would also be helpful.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014