New League using pre-made BGs only

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadloche, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Would you want a new league using only pre-made BGs?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Dreadloche

Dreadloche The King of Potatoes

I have found that playing training PvP matches using the pre-assembled BGs offers a lot more fun and is certainly more fair for new users than encountering 25 dmg, 8 spd, 4 def, 80hp ethereal, invulnerable, flying, regenerating, reincarnating 50 nora champs with paralytic feedback, block, strike, grapple, snuggle, fondle, finagle, and jeet-kun-do .

How about a Ranked PvP League using only the pre made BGs? What is everyone's thoughts on this? You know, then it would be more like Zerg vs. Protoss instead of the Xel'Naga

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Something something 3hour que.

Gives you a reason to a play heartstone I guess.

3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I tend to only play the premade pvp right now since I am still learning all the runes and strategies. I have played 3 ranked games since I have been back, won one and lost two but I have played about ~10 premade pvp games and love it. Even though the decks are not all on an even playing field I still feel like I am learning the game at a pace I can handle instead of being curb stomped by rank. Also I have never waited over 5min to find a match but maybe I just have really good luck.

Yes, I feel rank would be a good idea here since its kind of the pregame workout to joining ranked. Also if premade decks get changed up every 3-4 months it will really keep things interesting.

4. Dreadloche

Yeah absolutely, and it would give new players a chance to showcase their strategy/"skill" without having to invest a huge amount on runes just to taste the competition. Would draw in more players and possibly get them playing and paying

5. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Lets balance the pre-mades first. I have a feeling you're only enjoying it because you are playing one of the better decks vs comparable decks.
    Theres a good 4-5 that are trash and would never be played.

6. Dreadloche

Actually I'm enjoying playing against all the new players on a somewhat more level playing field. As I have not tried all the decks, your point may stand valid, however I think the best way to balance them would be through a ranked league. That way if top ten are all barbs you know they are OP.

7. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

What good is that going to do? A good player can use almost anything and still trash somebody that isn't as good. Making all the decks the same actually does the opposite of what you're hoping it will do because if your deck isn't better than mine the little chance you had of maybe cheesing a win is gone. Premade decks are good for new players to learn the game because they limit the amount of runes they need to learn right away but that's all they are good for. And what BP said, more or less.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i would consider it if they have more pe-made bgs
    all pre-mades are balanced
    if 2v2 premade possible for laffs haha

9. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

If your hypothesis were true, then you would expect that the top twenty players of such a league would use many different decks because "A good player can use almost anything and still trash somebody". If the top twenty players were all using barbarians, it would in fact be proof that the barbarian deck is overpowered compared to the other decks.

Which it is. The warchief racials are bugged and survive on death regardless of whether or not another warchief already exists, so you can have two or three blood/stone/wind super warchiefs permanently active by the endgame.