New online competetive turn-based tactical customizable strategy game!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

It's really like the next step up from hearthstone lvl play. It teaches tcg players how to be tbs players. Who knows it might be the best thing to happen to pox.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ragey,

Your optimism is showing.

3. Ragic

The transition from deulyst to poxnora requires a link that we here in off topic do not possess. It must be forged in the forums of deulyst where dissatisfied players can be shown the way.... One of you must do this.

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

whoa nice. Add me my ign is Kiwi

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

The RNG dependence in that game is insane. A couple turns decide if you win or lose; of course that's exciting in a way, but for people who enjoy real strategy it's just sad. I got up to Silver in my first day, almost finished the single player part( last one missing), and got bored.

6. Ragic

I've focused on Abyssian. Only played about a half dozen pvp games (all wins). I have a hard time telling the faction of cards once they're in a deck. They need symbols or more vibrant colors imo. I think the hardest part about planning a move is to remember that targets get to counter attack and that may cause a square to open up for subsequent attacks.

Ugh, can you imagine if there were hundreds of abilities to know? Pox probably could benefit from single turn challenges in order to teach new players the major bulk of the more common abilities. It would just be critical to keep them updated.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. SaintKiwi

Im on a 20 win streak. get on my level pleb

8. SaintKiwi

Im kind of pissed off my records were deleted from my profile. I was rank 0 from February to August and tis gone. Also I've played over 1000 games in alpha and it shows like 100 on my profile.

9. Lushiris

I can easily refute anything you say with consistent and coherent short sentences. But I'd be delusional if I kept trying to have a proper conversation with you, after all these unsuccessful years. I'd rather save my time for people who actually listen to others.

10. Ragic

Honestly, playing deulyst just makes me want to play pox.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Lushiris

Not at all good sir, I'm simply giving you the "burn" treatment( no pun intended). If you ever realize that any adult discussion involves people disagreeing with you, I might rethink listening to what you have to say again.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Lets discuss the topic instead of being passive aggressive at one another. I don't particularly feel like removing posts atm, so lets play nice.

Lushiris likes this.
  13. Ragic

Are you running wraithling or just good stuff? What neutral cards do you prefer?

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Control Magmar seems like the strongest deck when I was playing earlier. That faction has so many answers.

DarkJello and EnigmaXIII like this.
  15. Sokolov

As for the RNG, I'd have to do some math, but it seems reasonable to suggest that this game is somewhat more RNG than other similar games because of its "counter" vs "counter" nature, particularly the on-deploy effects since you are constantly deploying within threat range. Of course, good deckbuilding mitigates this to some extent.

16. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Would anybody like to play a round or two?

On some other note: I wonder if the one-time usable Mana sources could be adapted in Pox Nora to balance a possible first turn advantage?

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why not just dispel the Silithar Elder?

18. Ragic

Sounds like nerf bait. But then I said the same thing about leeroy Jenkins. Oh wait.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Sokolov

I just remember them having both efficient single and multitarget removal and good buffs/debuffs, and they functioned in a way that was hard to react to.

I'd have to play again to remember though. And also, this was very early and things might be different now.

20. Sokolov

That's true. I think generally anytime you add a tactical layer on top of a card game, you will, on average, increase its skill factor.

DarkJello likes this.